Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 06:51 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,929,190 times

Advertisements

I know very little about the western communities of palm beach county. On a recent trip to Lion Country Safari, I decided to make the (long) drive to Belle Glade. Very interesting to say the least. Driving past the sugar cane fields and farmland was really eye opening to me. I think of Florida and I only think of the beach! I'm curious about Royal Palm Beach- its not as far west some other places but what is that community like? Any input would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 04:38 AM

7,713 posts, read 12,585,212 times
It's a very nice area. Pretty upscale actually. It a nice bedroom and retirement community for those who don't want to deal with the crap of West Palm.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:42 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,352,134 times
Royal Palm is very nice in some areas, but I don't get the sense that it is "improving"... indeed, I went there to look at some houses my friend's parents were looking at to buy... let's just say I wasn't thrilled with the area, and I'm someone who has major tolerance when it comes to the state of my surroundings. It's not somewhere I'd live on purpose. Maybe it was just the neighborhoods I was in... who knows.

In my opinion, if you're going to seek the suburban lifestyle, I say Gardens/Jupiter where you're at now is a much better bet.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:56 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,929,190 times
Thanks for the info! Yes, I definitely love PBG. I think I'll stay a while It's always interesting discovering other areas, though.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:03 PM

584 posts, read 1,684,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Royal Palm is very nice in some areas, but I don't get the sense that it is "improving"... indeed, I went there to look at some houses my friend's parents were looking at to buy... let's just say I wasn't thrilled with the area, and I'm someone who has major tolerance when it comes to the state of my surroundings. It's not somewhere I'd live on purpose. Maybe it was just the neighborhoods I was in... who knows.

In my opinion, if you're going to seek the suburban lifestyle, I say Gardens/Jupiter where you're at now is a much better bet.
Could you elaborate a bit about Royal Palm ? Is area surrounding Palm West Hospital good ? Town houses just South of Southern ? I also saw houses a few blocks East of Palm West Hospital. It looks nice using Google Maps

Old 04-09-2012, 07:22 PM

17,171 posts, read 21,838,767 times
RPB blows....Visit the SuperTarget or the Walmart on Belvedere and you will forget about living there. It put up some McMansion communities trying to emulate Wellington but it was an epic fail. Madison Green is one of the nicest communities in RPB and even that was a bust.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird100 View Post
Could you elaborate a bit about Royal Palm ? Is area surrounding Palm West Hospital good ? Town houses just South of Southern ? I also saw houses a few blocks East of Palm West Hospital. It looks nice using Google Maps
Palms West is in Wellington. Most of Wellington is very nice. I have a few co-workers/friends who live out that way. One in Olympia that I know of and she likes it, despite how people rag on Olympia (and this woman is very picky!)

A few exceptions of areas that allow Section 8 may be less than desirable. Shoma townhouses is one of the development names I've heard people to stay away from.

Don't get me wrong... Royal Palm Beach offers more affordable suburban living. I just was... underwhelmed.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S;
Madison Green is one of the nicest communities in RPB and even that was a bust.

That's where they were looking. Some of the individual neighborhoods within Madison Green are holding up better than others. Maybe once all the foreclosure mess shakes out, things will get better all around.

Years ago (around 2000) I knew a kid who lived in Madison Green, and I thought it was fancy. Now... just another tract home zero lot line place. Again, perfect for some people.... but not for me is all!

Old 04-10-2012, 09:55 AM

584 posts, read 1,684,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Palms West is in Wellington. Most of Wellington is very nice. I have a few co-workers/friends who live out that way. One in Olympia that I know of and she likes it, despite how people rag on Olympia (and this woman is very picky!)

A few exceptions of areas that allow Section 8 may be less than desirable. Shoma townhouses is one of the development names I've heard people to stay away from.

Don't get me wrong... Royal Palm Beach offers more affordable suburban living. I just was... underwhelmed.
I saw condos (2 subdivisions) just East of Palm West Hospital, also houses east of those condos. Are they good (2 subdivision of condos & houses East of those condos) ? High crime ? Noisy ? Teenagers hanging around after schools ?

Shoma townhouses also looks "nice" to me using Google Maps but is it a high crime area ? Noisy ? Teenagers hanging around ?

Old 04-10-2012, 06:11 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,390,271 times
I showed Shoma once and someone plowed their car right through the gate while we were putting in the code... Not like that means much but it was a very interesting situation, needless to say the buyers didn't buyer there.
It will probably turn around overtime and be a good investment though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach