Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2007, 12:08 AM

572 posts, read 2,088,492 times

Advertisements

We are in our lower 20's considering a move to Singer Island. Can anyone tell me what the area is like? Are people friendly? Is it mainly 'snowbirds' from up north?

Thanks in advance for you help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 11:35 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Singer Island is definitely filled with older people and many many snowbirds. The area is nice, being an Island, but the closer towards the South-end you get, the closer you get to Riviera Beach right over the bridge, which is NOT a nice area AT ALL (so avoid going into Riviera Beach for anything).

The north end of the Island, however, empties out onto Palm Beach Gardens, and that is a very nice place. Check out Downtown at the Gardens. LOTS and LOTS of young professional types hang out at the Yard House, which is a restaurant/bar.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:31 PM

112 posts, read 427,912 times
Thumbs down Better check out the property tax structure in Singer Island

I have lived in PBC from 88 thru 06,I remember alot of my friends complaining about Singer Island being a part of Riviera Beach tax wise. In other words Singer Island has been trying for years (decades) to get free of the property tax burdens of Riveira Beach, and Riveira Beach isnt about to let go of its free ride. Better check it out!!!
Dont go walking around at nite in Singer Island (unless you have a conceled weapons permit the same as I have thank god because there are alot of crackheads that sleep under the Singer Island Bridge, and go out at nite thieving, mugging etc.
Your OK during the daytime though.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:28 PM

1 posts, read 7,050 times
I have a young child that I would like to bring to the island. Are there things for us to do with him? Do we fly into West Palm Beach and have to rent a car to get to the area? How long will it take us? I think it should be within ten minutes? Do I have to worry about driving in the bridge area? Where should we stay?

Old 04-28-2010, 01:41 PM

475 posts, read 1,498,033 times
Singer Island is a small town / community, some restaurants, a couple hotels a few shops and the beaches. Activities for the child would be regulated to the beach. Having a car would be advisable.

I think a bit further north would be a better choice, there is a Holiday Inn Express on the corner of US1 and Donald Ross Rd. There are three or four restaurants in the area, the beach is right there, there are also a couple parks and the Turtle Museum. I would still suggest renting a car. There also are shopping centers and movie theaters within 10 min. of this area.

If you choose to stay on Singer Island, access the island via PGA Blvd. on the north end rather than going through Riviera Beach.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:05 AM

2 posts, read 7,780 times
Can anyone help me im staying on singer island the night before my wedding next year and need a great hairdresser to come to the hotel to do the bridal partys hair? Any suggestions?

Old 09-03-2010, 05:20 AM

4 posts, read 12,312 times
Default hairdresser singer island

The Marriott resort on Singer Island has one bedroom suites that are affordable; you could visit
Cosmos hairdressing salon on N. Flagler drive and get a recommendation for a hairdresser, it's a fabulous salon, not sure if they go onsite to do hair but the salon is only 15 minutes max from Singer Island.

http://www.cosmoandfamily.com/

Last edited by mitchdesj; 09-03-2010 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: improve link

Old 07-26-2015, 08:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,364 times
Would you buy property on Singer Island? For example, the neighborhood across the street from Beach, Palm Beach Isle.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:58 PM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
Would you buy property on Singer Island? For example, the neighborhood across the street from Beach, Palm Beach Isle.

No.......while I like the blue water in the backyards of the waterfront homes I don't like anything about the south side of the island. The beach isn't great across from PB Isles and on certain holidays it becomes "thug life" beach!

This is an example of "spillover crime" that happens in that area:
Police identify man shot, killed during robbery at Singer Island | www.palmbeachpost.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach