Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 01:04 PM

37 posts, read 76,697 times

Advertisements

I agree with most opinions. East Boynton is ghetto and the more west you go, the neighborhoods seem to get better. It was my first choice of residence because rental rates are significantly more reasonable, but after taking an ocular of the city, decided against moving there and opted for Boca/Delray. Something about Boynton makes me feel uneasy and I can't pinpoint what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 02:35 PM

229 posts, read 533,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angela423 View Post
I agree with most opinions. East Boynton is ghetto and the more west you go, the neighborhoods seem to get better. It was my first choice of residence because rental rates are significantly more reasonable, but after taking an ocular of the city, decided against moving there and opted for Boca/Delray. Something about Boynton makes me feel uneasy and I can't pinpoint what it is.
Delray Beach has a crime index of 484.9 while Boynton Beach has an overall crime index of 390.3.

Boynton Beach, based on stats, is SAFER than Delray Beach. The worst parts of Boynton are in east Boynton, but even east Boynton has good sections and even wealthy neighborhoods. Delray Beach has a run-down ghetto section east of I-95, too.

It's kind of odd that you'd feel uneasy in Boynton.That is, unless, you were purposely hanging around the hood, which you'd have no contact with if you live west of I-95 or even the good sections east of I-95.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:40 PM

98 posts, read 281,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
I actually like Boynton Beach and go there to visit friends a lot. I wish it were a tad bit younger, but maybe that's changing..... ? Just that I liked other parts of PB better as well as other schools better. Just personal opinion.
Thanks.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:39 PM

24 posts, read 52,813 times
I've lived in Boynton Beach for the past 14 years with no problems. Like any good sized city, Boynton has it's problems but nothing out of the ordinary. It's a good location about 15 miles south of West Palm Beach and 10 miles north of Delray. It has a great beach in Oceanfront Park on A1A in High Bridge. Boynton is not known for it's eating establishments. If you want good restaurants(although rather pricey) you need to go to Delray. East Boynton has poor people, but it's not all ghetto. West Boynton, going west of Congress to the Turnpike, is the better part of town.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyntonbob View Post
I've lived in Boynton Beach for the past 14 years with no problems. Like any good sized city, Boynton has it's problems but nothing out of the ordinary. It's a good location about 15 miles south of West Palm Beach and 10 miles north of Delray. It has a great beach in Oceanfront Park on A1A in High Bridge. Boynton is not known for it's eating establishments. If you want good restaurants(although rather pricey) you need to go to Delray. East Boynton has poor people, but it's not all ghetto. West Boynton, going west of Congress to the Turnpike, is the better part of town.
Ok. Thank you for your information.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:19 AM

39 posts, read 114,725 times
There is nowhere in the WPB area you can move to that doesn't have bad areas - even Jupiter and Wellington have them - and that's where all the folks move to who are obsessed with gated communities and safety. I like Boynton Beach myself. I don't think you'll have any problems there. LOL, the worst problem you'll have is finding a place to live without a ridiculous HOA fee.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela423 View Post
Thank you for letting me know your opinion.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:35 PM

16 posts, read 42,423 times
I'm a NY transplant and have been living in West Boynton for almost 3 years. Have heard of more crime going on in Boca and Delray than Boynton. The west side is more gated communities and farmland, the east is older and has more commercial buildings. There is also a pretty big difference in income between the 2 sides, last time I checked the median income for EB was $40k and WB was $96k, you do the math.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:47 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,514,109 times
I actually like boynton myself too, I work around that area dont live there. In general I have found the community nicer, more relaxed and less pretentious then boca delray. It is quite populated though. The boynton petsmart is a top 5 store sales wise in the country. Big business there.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:08 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,163,729 times
REpeating myself I'm sure, but I find Boynton fun, lively and lots of shopping. Excellent beach, good people and a great location. I love visiting dfs there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach