Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2007, 03:12 PM

2 posts, read 6,351 times

Advertisements

which is better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 03:13 PM

2 posts, read 6,351 times
im from ny but live both

Old 10-24-2007, 03:17 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,204,228 times
not sure. never been to PR. i hear it's beautiful though. good luck with your decision though.

Last edited by backtofla; 10-24-2007 at 04:10 PM..

Old 10-24-2007, 03:22 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,863,237 times
PR has nicer scenery.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:50 PM

440 posts, read 1,493,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
PR has nicer scenery.

Yeah and that is about all that is nicer ... I travel to Puerto Rico as it is one of the territories that I cover at work and outside of some good seafood and nice beaches it is Hialeah by the sea . Yeah it has some nice mountains in the center of the Island , but it has a huge crime problem worse than any city in Florida , unemployment is very high , the economy is in the dumps and corruption at the state level is massive ... why do you think so many Puerto Ricans are moving to Florida , Georgia and the Carolinas ?

Despite it's status as a U.S territory it is very much and in many aspects a third world country . One positive the native islanders are very friendly and a different breed from the Puerto Ricans from New York and Orlando .... oh and if you do not like hearing constant pulsing nonstop reggaeton then definitely , definitely , definitely , avoid
"Hialeah By The Sea " I mean Puerto Rico ... LOL I would much rather live in Palm Beach even with all of its problems .

Old 10-24-2007, 05:01 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,863,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclehead View Post
Yeah and that is about all that is nicer ... I travel to Puerto Rico as it is one of the territories that I cover at work and outside of some good seafood and nice beaches it is Hialeah by the sea . Yeah it has some nice mountains in the center of the Island , but it has a huge crime problem worse than any city in Florida , unemployment is very high , the economy is in the dumps and corruption at the state level is massive ... why do you think so many Puerto Ricans are moving to Florida , Georgia and the Carolinas ?

Despite it's status as a U.S territory it is very much and in many aspects a third world country . One positive the native islanders are very friendly and a different breed from the Puerto Ricans from New York and Orlando .... oh and if you do not like hearing constant pulsing nonstop reggaeton then definitely , definitely , definitely , avoid
"Hialeah By The Sea " I mean Puerto Rico ... LOL I would much rather live in Palm Beach even with all of its problems .
I have a friend who moved out of Broward back to PR. We are eventually supposed to go visit and tour the island. What she said is very similar to what you said, and she lives there to care for her family. If it weren't for that she said she would be back in a heartbeat.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:12 PM

440 posts, read 1,493,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
I have a friend who moved out of Broward back to PR. We are eventually supposed to go visit and tour the island. What she said is very similar to what you said, and she lives there to care for her family. If it weren't for that she said she would be back in a heartbeat.

If you go visit and someone who knows the place takes you around you will like it ... the little fishing towns 1- 2 hours from San Juan are lovely and the colonial city "Old San Juan " is beautiful .... but as a place to live it is not recommendable .. talk about scores of neighborhoods with tiny "boxy " houses with burglar bars and pot holes in the streets ... it is in my opinion very third world ... I was there one week last year in which the previous weekend 29 people were murdered in the cosmopolitan San Juan area

Granted it was mostly drug and gang related violence ... but could you imagine that happening here in South Florida in one weekend , as bad as it has gotten here we have never even come close to that .

I know some wonderful , educated , professional Puerto Ricans and they all want to high tail it out of there !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach