Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 07:27 PM

249 posts, read 882,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
What wireyourworld said. How much money you are willing to pay will decide where in any community, anywhere, the quality of the neighborhood.

I live three miles north of the center of town. 80% of RPB is ok, just like anywhere else.
What the areas that fall into the 20% left?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 04:45 PM

288 posts, read 212,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepopz View Post
Hello all!
I need to know what areas are good (meaning decent people, clean, and safe) and which areas I need to stay away from!
My wife and I have a 6mo baby and were looking to move from Miami to a place with A rated schools. I found that the schools in the Wellington and Royal Palm area have great reviews/reputation (according to the greatschools website). I went with my wife to drive around the area and get a feel for it and had a realtor show us a couple of houses (we looked in Victoria Groves) and loved it. I accepted a job offer in WPB and now I'm looking for a place to rent and a good daycare. Well... now that I'm taking a closer look, all the places that I look into are very low-income, and sometimes even trashy. I am quite disappointed (not to mention worried!) because I though I was making an improvement by moving out of Miami. Everywhere I turn either in Wellington or in Royal Palm Beach I find a trashy/ghetto neighborhood with the same kind of "suspicious" people I am running away from. We make close to $70k/year (salaries combined).
Can anyone local give me an idea of where to look? Anything helps!
Thank you!
With that income you can only afford low income trashy areas anywhere in this country, which are the areas you're trying to avoid, you may do better in a third world country, try Bangladesh or Haiti...

Old 05-19-2015, 10:55 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Arresmillao View Post
With that income you can only afford low income trashy areas anywhere in this country, which are the areas you're trying to avoid, you may do better in a third world country, try Bangladesh or Haiti...
This thread is over a year old, try reading
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach