Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 02:40 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times

Advertisements

Any input? I was never fond of Port St Lucie so does anyone know how this area is where Verano is located?

they have a development in Palm Beach Gardens too again not familiar with either area!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 03:50 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Any input? I was never fond of Port St Lucie so does anyone know how this area is where Verano is located?

they have a development in Palm Beach Gardens too again not familiar with either area!!

PGA Palm Beach Gardens is old, very low lying (floods/swampy) and full of wood frame construction......I hate it in there. They also are a pseudo-gated community, they have gates but the public has access 24/7 without having to say a word to the guards. The HOA fees are high for what you get also.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:40 PM

This one is in Port Saint Lucie I didnt realize Palm Beach Gardens was so close I thought PGA was very nice? See what do I know..lol

thanks City just exploring other areas, but don't want to be too far from Delray etc...When not having to deal with kids in school hubby and I can really look anywhere

Old 08-15-2013, 06:22 AM

95 posts, read 226,217 times
PGA National is in Palm Beach Gardens. PGA Village is in Port St. Lucie.

You will get more info about Verano on the Treasure Coast forum, but Verano is in Port St. Lucie 2 exits north of Tradition in PGA Village. It is very nice there, Kolter Homes are pretty nice. We rented a Kolter home in PGA Village in PSL for 6 months before buying in Palm City. We are a family with young children and I did not like PSL. PGA Village in general is mostly older, retired and seasonal people. There are some families, but not many. They had just started Verano when we were renting and I had the feeling it was being marketed to the over 55 set.

I think the other Kolter neighborhoods are nice and marketed to a younger demo. Tres Belle in Stuart, Canopy Creek (re-launch in 2014) in Palm City and Paloma in Palm Beach Gardens.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:01 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
I like PGA National in Gardens. Lots of different neighborhoods, ESTABLISHED neighborhoods, mature landscaping. Sort of gated, sort of non-gated (I prefer non-gated communities myself), convenient location because it's a massive development stretching from Northlake Blvd. to PGA Blvd., with Turnpike and 95 access really close.

Yeah, the homes are mostly "wood frame," but honestly what are people afraid of? A hurricane blowing a house over like the three little pigs? It doesn't work like that. Get a termite bond, make sure the roof is solid and enjoy your life. Any hurricane that literally blows houses over is going to cause the entire area to be uninhabitable and undesirable to live.

The "Reserve" at PGA Village in Port St. Lucie used to be the "it" place to live in Port St. Lucie, it was one of the fanciest neighborhoods in town.

Again, it's older now comparatively, but it has aged well. Still very well kept, mature landscaping. Verano is new, I don't know anything about it.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:55 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I like PGA National in Gardens. Lots of different neighborhoods, ESTABLISHED neighborhoods, mature landscaping. Sort of gated, sort of non-gated (I prefer non-gated communities myself), convenient location because it's a massive development stretching from Northlake Blvd. to PGA Blvd., with Turnpike and 95 access really close.

Yeah, the homes are mostly "wood frame," but honestly what are people afraid of? A hurricane blowing a house over like the three little pigs? It doesn't work like that. Get a termite bond, make sure the roof is solid and enjoy your life. Any hurricane that literally blows houses over is going to cause the entire area to be uninhabitable and undesirable to live.

The "Reserve" at PGA Village in Port St. Lucie used to be the "it" place to live in Port St. Lucie, it was one of the fanciest neighborhoods in town.

Again, it's older now comparatively, but it has aged well. Still very well kept, mature landscaping. Verano is new, I don't know anything about it.

Be fair TRI......Established landscaping in PGA is ficus trees! Most streets don't have sidewalks, the drainage is non-existent and the wood frame (some with those fabulous wood shake roofs) is not only a rot issue, but fire as well. Being mostly a zero lot line community the termites can be an issue if one of your neighbors isn't taking care of their property.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:44 AM

thank you for the input, we were a bit leary of PSL I am looking at the development in Palm Beach Gardens which I thought was supposed to be a beautiful area..

Old 08-15-2013, 10:48 AM

95 posts, read 226,217 times
There are beautiful areas and neighborhoods in Palm Beach Gardens, especially the area that Paloma is in. The PGA National neighborhood is older, but IMO there are some beautiful homes in there as well.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:54 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Be fair TRI......Established landscaping in PGA is ficus trees! Most streets don't have sidewalks, the drainage is non-existent and the wood frame (some with those fabulous wood shake roofs) is not only a rot issue, but fire as well. Being mostly a zero lot line community the termites can be an issue if one of your neighbors isn't taking care of their property.
Lol, I am being fair!

I think it's a nice neighborhood. Random street shots:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=pga+n...88.49,,0,-0.89

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=pga+n...197.13,,0,4.73

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=pga+n...195.65,,0,2.29

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=pga+n...236.19,,0,5.17

Living in a 1945 wood frame house myself, I know the trials and tribulations of wood frame, which are manageable. Termite bond, yearly inspection. I DID change out T-111 siding for hardiplank, though. I wouldn't want that stuff on any house.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:20 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post

We have a place in Palm Beach gardens, closer to the beach and pretty YOUNG! DM me anytime if you want more info. It's lovely here and the beach is amazing. We were in New York city for many years before this and having more space, clean beaches and beautiful skies is a welcome treasure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach