U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 10:13 AM

25 posts, read 39,192 times
Post What is the living like in West Palm Beach, FL?

I decided to ask this question on my own, reading such mixed reviews throughout the thread on here I dont want to stress myself out by focusing purely on the negative comments, so please try not to bash the city. I am a single mom of a 6 year old boy in my mid 20's I moved to Jacksonville about a year ago, and given the type of environment it is here, its been good to me be but not a place i'd like to settle or raise my child in. I have visited south florida and fell in love its much like back home. However, like ive stated, ive read mixed reviews and am a little torn on the area. I would like to know what the living is like in West Palm Beach. Im very adamant on good schools and some form of safety. Granted its virtually unsafe throuout the US period, and every city has its bad areas so im not oblivious to those facts. I would just like to know, being in the mortgage business as a single mom would that be a good place to live? I'm adamant about staying in florida, but where is the BIG QUESTION
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 12:27 PM

38 posts, read 61,615 times
Call the Sheriff's Office, they will be able to give you reliable data on safe/unsafe neighborhoods. (I used to date a cop and would go on 'ride-alongs' with him on Saturday nights and can tell you nothing happens in Lake Clarke Shores!)

Good Luck.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:03 PM

Thanks so much! I'll definitely look into that

Old 08-23-2013, 01:17 PM

2,301 posts, read 3,958,076 times
There was a murder in Lake Clarke Shores like a week ago.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Well, now that just put a damper on that idea lol

Old 08-23-2013, 01:21 PM

Default Crime Map Link

CrimeMapping.com - National Map

Old 08-23-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Missed it! We dated a few months ago. His biggest call was kids throwing eggs. I went on 3 ride-alongs. Seemed like a really nice town if you stayed on the south side of FHB.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:22 PM

2,301 posts, read 3,958,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icorvidae View Post
Missed it! We dated a few months ago. His biggest call was kids throwing eggs. I went on 3 ride-alongs. Seemed like a really nice town if you stayed on the south side of FHB.
Lake Clarke Shores is a nice community, but it is tiny and surrounded on all sides by a much larger area that is very questionable. Go spend a few hours at the Walmart on 10th Avenue North (walking distance to Lake Clarke Shores) and you will see what I mean.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:37 PM

14,597 posts, read 15,181,906 times
Quote:

What were the circumstances?

Lake Clarke Shores has a super low crime rate overall.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...s-Florida.html

If there was a murder, it was the first one in 10 years for the town. The crime index is below national average, despite being next to an iffy area in Palm Springs and "Lake Worth."

(I don't think the part of West Palm Beach it abuts across I-95 is bad at all).

Old 08-23-2013, 05:07 PM

250 posts, read 189,681 times
Default Thinking of West Palm Beach too

I have applied but have not even interviewed yet, for a job in South Florida.

I spoke to the hiring manager, (internal job opening), he said it is a big territory stretching from North of Port St Lucie to Key West. He said that for the least windshield time, West Palm beach would be the best location. I can office and live in many locations. I.E. the last person with the job was in Orlando, but that put him on the extreme northern edge of his territory.

Looking at places to rent and for sale, it seems that the water front can have some affordable places. I may not even want a place and may look for a live aboard if the waiting lists at the marinas are not too long.

However, if I did have to have an a condo

5600 N Flagler Dr APT 1807, West Palm Beach, FL 33407 - Zillow

This one at 5600 Flagler seems like a likely choice.

Ideas, comments?

I am in my 50's no kids, wife, one dog and one cat. Right now no one goes out in the yard except the cat. The dachshund is so old we have either carry her out or scootch her off the porch to get to go.

At the rate the dog is going, I don't think she will ever see Florida, and if the cat doesn't watch her attitude, I may take to the Taxidermist and have her fixed!

Cheers
Qazulight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach