Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:07 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDreamer View Post
Not so, unfortunately. I work as a nurse and I have seen all of this crap first hand. When I first moved here, I would not have believed all this was possible, but it is. All the things I mentioned I have witnessed first hand. It is just an awful place unless you are a real big party person.

Seems like you hand around some lower class of people if everyone you know wants to "party" all the time, lol.

For social outlets, I have friends that have monthly supper club with a few other couples (went a couple times... bit of a snoresville for me, but they love it). Others are involved in civic and arts organizations. Some are wine aficionados and do wine tastings and parties. Some are very active in exercise classes and groups.

And yet, you are surrounded by "Partiers." Maybe the issue isn't "South Florida."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 08:12 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Wow...let me 1st start saying that GIRLS EVERYWHERE DRESS LIKE THAT....Have you seen the stores? My daughter is 14 always dresses nice however when what you see is what you get not too many choices and my daughter is a wonderful young lady, My son attended a HS in Boca and let me tell you he was on the swim team and the amount of kids that were accepted into some of the best colleges in the country attended These schools...Our son did just fine he is in College now studiying to be a Physical Therapist or Occpational Therapist and plans on starting his career back in South Florida...With that being said, As far as the girls having sex obviously you have NO CLUE because its EVERYWHERE, we live in NC and I can tell you stories that will make your head spin so its not just a SOUTH FLORIDA THING...Iwont be so vulgar as to how you put what the girls do but honey they do it on the buses, and Ilive in a very weathly area again NOT just south florida..The 3 years we lived there both my kids had great experience with the schools academically and socially, as they have been schooled in other states so I do have comparisions, is the school system perfect? Hell no does it need to be fixed YES BUT THAT my friend is a USA problem as the education in this country has a lot to be desired...Iknow the reasons we did not move to Weston so I will agree with City and the other poster we didnt feel very comfortable there and we spent quite a bit of time looking around...Parkland was very BLAH for us but also has very good schools as does Weston, and a lot of those kids also attend some of the TOP colleges in the country...It seems as you are a bit bitter, maybe things werent what you expected but there is good and bad everywhere, and to tell someone NOT move there well Ithink is a bit much..We hate NC but If people think its a great place for them who am I to tell them differently we obviously don't see things the same way...YOUR CHILDREN it always starts in the home, and if you raise them right they will know right from wrong and as a parent one needs to take responsiblitly for their actions as well as the child especially in HS...Grils at 12 are B******* and at 13, 14, 15 and so on its not just a FLORIDA THING...Now to the OP there are some things that are true although we had a great experience, one can not OVER LOOK certain things that come with living in Florida, and for you that is what you will have to decide...Its beautiful and tropical and what is there not to love? This is very true but at the same token the Crime is really high, Cost of living is extremely high and if your hubby god forbid looses his job again DEPENDING what he does just be prepared unemployment is 275.00 a week and Good paying jobs are very hard to fine, unfortunately this holding true for alot of markets these days but South Florida still seems quite behind...My hubby's friend just left after he lost his job working for this company for 8 years and making a lot of money, sadly he moved his family out of florida...Anyhow, This was my point on one of the other theads that if your going to give ADVICE to people please make sure that it is based on Fact and not just YOUR opinion of things....There is a fine line between bashing and telling people your experience...We personally are on the fence about coming back to South Florida for a few reasons, but WE loved it when we lived there, and we all had a wonderful experience...

Last edited by Swimmom32; 08-29-2013 at 08:58 AM..

Old 08-29-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Seems like you hand around some lower class of people if everyone you know wants to "party" all the time, lol.

For social outlets, I have friends that have monthly supper club with a few other couples (went a couple times... bit of a snoresville for me, but they love it). Others are involved in civic and arts organizations. Some are wine aficionados and do wine tastings and parties. Some are very active in exercise classes and groups.

And yet, you are surrounded by "Partiers." Maybe the issue isn't "South Florida."
Good point

Old 08-29-2013, 08:58 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
South Florida's reputation has always been partying and hedonism.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:13 AM

29 posts, read 43,102 times
No need to bash me...I do not party, do drugs, drink, or hang around low life's. I simply do not have friends here. They all got fed up and left. I saw these things first hand because I am a nurse..so naturally I see the bad things that happen here more than the good. I thought the point of the forum was some honest Advice...I gave mine based on my observations. If you like it here in South Florida then good for you. Please keep in mind that not everyone is very wealthy down here some people are struggling to make ends meet and that doesn't make them a partier or lowlife. I break my back just to make ends meet as a nurse. I can say that if you have plenty of money South Florida can be a great place to live. Unfortunately that is just not true for many of the people who have to live and work here.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
No need to bash me...I do not party, do drugs, drink, or hang around low life's. I simply do not have friends here. They all got fed up and left. I saw these things first hand because I am a nurse..so naturally I see the bad things that happen here more than the good. I thought the point of the forum was some honest Advice...I gave mine based on my observations. If you like it here in South Florida then good for you. Please keep in mind that not everyone is very wealthy down here some people are struggling to make ends meet and that doesn't make them a partier or lowlife. I break my back just to make ends meet as a nurse. I can say that if you have plenty of money South Florida can be a great place to live. Unfortunately that is just not true for many of the people who have to live and work here.
This I agree with, you should have said that in the 1st place...yes its difficult to live somewhere where that lifestyle is Not the Norm, a lot of what people see is the wealth and its hard to escape it, for some people they dont care if they struggle as long as
they are living where they want too, me personally we would have no desire to just make ends meet and we saw too many people do just that...On the other hand, there are people that make a very nice living in south florida but not be weathly and I will say from experience id rather live in South Florida with the higher cost of living than here in NC where its 1/2 of what it is there if I had too...

Old 08-29-2013, 09:27 AM

29 posts, read 43,102 times
Thank you swim mom....I was just being honest about what I see. South Florida is not my cup of tea, but can fit some people perfectly. Money makes a huge difference.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:52 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,514,109 times
Florida, its what you make it.

Florida, watch out for what it might try to make you into.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:53 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
Florida, its what you make it.

Florida, watch out for what it might try to make you into.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Thank you swim mom....I was just being honest about what I see. South Florida is not my cup of tea, but can fit some people perfectly. Money makes a huge difference.
Your absolutely right one thing people Can't argue with is one's experiences
Although they try to spin it the way they want to hear it...people are in denialif they think that everything is peaches and roses because it really it isnt...and no matter what all these threads are the same, as the responses will be the same too..Florida is not one of those places that you can find middle ground, its either you love it or hate it but I think that could be said for alot of different places...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach