U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 11:08 AM

18 posts, read 40,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDreamer View Post
Dear OP,
I live in Miami Dade now, and previously lived in Broward county for four years. Let me just say, DON"T DO IT!! DEAR GOD, DO NOT BRING YOUR KIDS TO SOUTH FLORIDA!! You will almost assuredly regret it. Schools here suck. Even the good ones. The area you are considering moving to, as much of south florida, is completely taken over by stuck up South Americans and angry Hatians. You better be prepared to speak spanish if you have any hope of communicating your daily needs. Be prepared for your kids education to go into the toilet...An A student here is like a C student elsewhere...and I would know, as I was a teacher here for 7 years. The kids will most likely drop out of all normal after school activities and want to hang out with the cool kids, who will encourage laziness, parental disrespect and utter disregard for laws, and engender disgust for all that is decent and normal. Be prepared for a drastic change in your kids. Drug use starts with smoking and weed, and just goes from there....and it starts at around age 10, for boys and girls. Sex is so common its the thing to do by age 12...your daughters, if you have them, will be dressing like prostitutes to go to the mall or school. School is a joke here, just a way of meeting and socializing. they complain how lame school is and how bored they are, but yet, they generally are the ones getting low grades. They should be getting straight A's if that is really the case. Employment is hard to come by, and EXTREMELY UNSTABLE. Traffic is a nightmare, with mutiple daily encounters with homicidal drivers who drove 90-120 MPH and change lanes with no signal, causing wrecks right and left. Be prepared to see at least a couple of dead bodies in the road your first year here. Also, suck it up, because if you are nice you will be treated like a doormat and if you ever FINALLY get enough of the REVERSE RACISM here, you will be labeled a bigot and a racist yourself. All the housewives are on adderall and Valium or Xanax...with a good helping of alcohol to wash it down. The hard working dads (what few there are ) can be found in south beach soliciting a hooker for a blow job after a year or two of living here. This place eats nice people up and spits out the remaining rotting carcasses like so much refuse. Florida is an abysmal place to live...but especially south Florida. Hope you have a lot of money, and are prepared to compete with the model housewives who all have boob jobs, ass jobs, lipo, and personal trainers, too. I could go on and on. Forget about relationships with people....no socializing here unless there is something in it for me!! Plenty of married women will be looking at your husband and sizing him up to "trade up". It is just so so bad here!! I cannot stress it enough....DO NOT MOVE HERE!!
You're my hero NurseDreamer!, I have made the same type fact based posts on other threads and have been invited to leave the state by one of the South Florida True Believers around here. They are in total denial that their precious state is being taken over by foreign nationals from every banana republic in the Western Hemisphere. What few "reputation points" I had, I have given to you. Stay Strong. ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 11:41 AM

5 posts, read 5,687 times
Nurse Dreamer is spot on!!!! I was born and raised there and everything she stated is absolutely corrrect!

Old 08-29-2013, 11:44 AM

Florida is overrun with haitians, cubans, mexicans to the point that english is not the primary language any longer. If you don't know fluent spanish, you're in for a treat! How about witnessing a Haitian woman squatting to urinate on the side of the road or seeing a man holding a machete, right beside of a Bank of America ATM? Does this sound like where you want to raise your children?

Old 08-29-2013, 11:56 AM

7,930 posts, read 17,769,590 times
Oy vey I wish people would really just stick with facts this is getting old...3 years in Boca I have Never...people think all of south florida is like Miami eesshhhh....you havent lived in very many places have you? Where I live you hear a ton of non speaking people and foriegners...

Old 08-29-2013, 12:00 PM

Honey, I'm a military wife and we have lived all over this country but I can honestly say that Florida is the worse and I grew up there!

Old 08-29-2013, 12:06 PM

7,930 posts, read 17,769,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela369 View Post
Honey, I'm a military wife and we have lived all over this country but I can honestly say that Florida is the worse and I grew up there!
Thats debatable, I grew up in Brooklyn NY and trust me south florida is Not worse..

Old 08-29-2013, 12:15 PM

Well, I was meaning the worst state that we have lived in, not the worst in the country as I'm sure there are far worse states to reside in.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:26 PM

2,091 posts, read 6,239,617 times
roflmao!

Old 08-29-2013, 03:29 PM

298 posts, read 475,041 times
Bahaha that was great! Florida is warm and sunny all the time. I want to live in a town with low cost of living and no hurricanes.

People do think that it is cheaper to live in FL. In some respects, maybe. No state income tax. At least when we moved from NJ, housing was cheaper. There are a lot of companies that prey on the notion people have that everything is cheaper there, and therefore pay lower salaries. (I worked for one of those companies, all of the new suckers - uh, employees - were recent transplants and figured that's why the salaries were lower.) Get ready for insurance (car and home) that's through the roof. My family in NJ was stunned when they heard about some of the prices of food in FL. And when it rains, it pours buckets. Thunderstorm every day at 2:00. Like clockwork.

Were there bad areas? You betcha. You get to know which streets not to travel when you go out east, like certain areas of Lake Worth or West Palm. Same thing happened in NJ when I went to Rutgers in New Brunswick.

I'm actually having a harder time with the language barrier here in CA. I can barely understand my gardener, and that's been the case around here.

Don't get me wrong - I love FL. I spent half the time in a cold ice rink, so the humidity wasn't much of an issue. Loved the sun and palm trees, and I was lucky to have found a great skating community where the kids were more or less well behaved because everyone got to know each other and watched out for the others kids. Maybe I just got lucky, maybe it's because I'm seeing this as someone who doesn't have kids.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:03 PM

638 posts, read 1,204,740 times
Personally I enjoy hearing all points of view about Florida - the good, the bad, and the ugly. That's what makes this site informative and entertaining.

Some of my friends from the northeast moved to different parts of Florida and, after an adjustment period, really like it; others decided they had made a big mistake and moved back up north very quickly. That's just what goes on with Florida. It always has and always will, and that's why we're all on here trying to figure it out for ourselves before we move.

I have heard even New Yorkers say that many south Florida people who they've met are less intelligent and more superficial than what they dealt with up north, and there are a lot of transient opportunists looking for $$$. I've heard it often enough and from enough different people that I think there's something to it. But Florida is not alone in attracting these; all glitzy, superficially attractive areas with a lot of wealth on display have the same issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach