Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 03:44 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times

Advertisements

I am flying into Ft; Lauderdale next week for a serious interview. I have a Gentleman I know who is moving back to Colorado for Family issues. His Home is in Palm Beach Gardens and we have not spoke of this recently on this thread.

Been there! One of the reasons I am returning to Florida! FAMILY!!!

Could anyone give me a honest assessment of Palm beach Gardens. Its been a longtime since I have been there! While we are here could we get some good assessment's of Hollywood . Ft. Laud area, even Miami lakes????

I thinking mid to upper condo. So renting would be a solid path My job may move me ultimately to Largo Florida, which would be ideal!

Thanks for the help in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 05:11 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,655,017 times
Very white. Kind of high crime.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:05 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,852 times
Palm Beach Gardens is about 50 miles from Ft. Lauderdale. You might want to try somewhere closer.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:39 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
You should post this on the Palm Beach County thread since Palm Beach Gardens is located there. I can tell you from personal experience that Palm Beach Gardens is a very nice area. It is an affluent area. A good mix of young, middle age, families, and older people. It is trending younger these days and has gotten very built up over the years. But the traffic is low and crime is low compared to other areas. There is a ton of shopping there. The main attraction being the Gardens Mall and Downtown Gardens next door to it. The beaches are beautiful there. If I was raising a family, Palm Beach Gardens would be high on my list of places to move.

Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood are a totally different animal. Lots of sketchy neighborhoods, higher crime, and areas of wealthier pockets closer to the water. The beaches here are great. Lots of entertainment and stuff to do in the Fort Lauderdale area. If you are renting, I would recommend living near the beach. If you are buying, I would recommend a suburb of Fort Lauderdale.

Miami Lakes is Miami-Dade County. It is predominantly Latin there. But Miami Lakes is a nice area. Your cost of living will be higher in Miami-Dade County. The traffic there is bad and the predominant language is Spanish.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:59 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
You should post this on the Palm Beach County thread since Palm Beach Gardens is located there. I can tell you from personal experience that Palm Beach Gardens is a very nice area. It is an affluent area. A good mix of young, middle age, families, and older people. It is trending younger these days and has gotten very built up over the years. But the traffic is low and crime is low compared to other areas. There is a ton of shopping there. The main attraction being the Gardens Mall and Downtown Gardens next door to it. The beaches are beautiful there. If I was raising a family, Palm Beach Gardens would be high on my list of places to move.

PBG has this huge misconception of being an affluent area. There are a few country club communities that are affluent (15%) but the other 85% is white trash. Gardens high school is ghetto and Dwyer is not much better. It borders Riviera Beach which is about as sketchy as it gets.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:32 AM

45 posts, read 96,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
PBG has this huge misconception of being an affluent area. There are a few country club communities that are affluent (15%) but the other 85% is white trash. Gardens high school is ghetto and Dwyer is not much better. It borders Riviera Beach which is about as sketchy as it gets.
I would rather live in a sketchy neighborhood in PBG than a sketchy neighborhood anywhere in Broward.

YMMV.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
That is totally inaccurate. It is about 85% affluent and 15% trash. You must not know the area very well. Only the areas south of Northlake Blvd bordering Riviera Beach are sketchy. And those are predominantly black neighborhoods, not white trash. Everything from Northlake Blvd stretching north to Jupiter, and from the ocean in the east all the way west to the Everglades, is middle to upper class. I know this because I grew up in the area and have family there. I visit frequently.

Palm Beach Gardens High School is sketchy because it is located in the southern area along Military Trail. It draws students from Riviera Beach. Dwyer also draws kids from outside areas due to racial laws.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:44 PM

5,021 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
That is totally inaccurate. It is about 85% affluent and 15% trash. You must not know the area very well. Only the areas south of Northlake Blvd bordering Riviera Beach are sketchy. And those are predominantly black neighborhoods, not white trash. Everything from Northlake Blvd stretching north to Jupiter, and from the ocean in the east all the way west to the Everglades, is middle to upper class.

With all due respect...
Cabana Colony is far from desirable.. as well as other areas in the map you paint above.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:00 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
That is totally inaccurate. It is about 85% affluent and 15% trash. You must not know the area very well. Only the areas south of Northlake Blvd bordering Riviera Beach are sketchy. And those are predominantly black neighborhoods, not white trash. Everything from Northlake Blvd stretching north to Jupiter, and from the ocean in the east all the way west to the Everglades, is middle to upper class. I know this because I grew up in the area and have family there. I visit frequently.

Palm Beach Gardens High School is sketchy because it is located in the southern area along Military Trail. It draws students from Riviera Beach. Dwyer also draws kids from outside areas due to racial laws.
Everything off Military south of Northlake is crap....all the way to Blue Heron
Everything west of Military north of Northlake is crap until you get to the gated communities
Everything east of Military from Northlake to PGA to Alt A1A is white trash central
Cabana Colony is thousands of white trash homes. Apartments nearby aren't great either.

If you were to count the tens of thousands of homes listed above it would far out number the mansions of Old Palm, Ballenisles, Frenchmans and Mirasol!

Old 09-05-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Everything off Military south of Northlake is crap....all the way to Blue Heron
Everything west of Military north of Northlake is crap until you get to the gated communities
Everything east of Military from Northlake to PGA to Alt A1A is white trash central
Cabana Colony is thousands of white trash homes. Apartments nearby aren't great either.

If you were to count the tens of thousands of homes listed above it would far out number the mansions of Old Palm, Ballenisles, Frenchmans and Mirasol!
You are wrong. For starters, some of the areas you mentioned are not even part of Palm Beach Gardens. Much of the area east of Military between Northlake and PGA is North Palm Beach. The nicer areas of Palm Beach Gardens are from PGA north, which is at least half of the city area. The further south you go the worse it gets, and there are certainly some sketchy parts to the south. But they are mostly black areas.

When you say "white trash", I wonder what your definition of that is. I usually take it to mean trailer parks or low income predominantly white communities with low education and high crime. I just have never seen these types of places in PBG. Maybe there are some small pockets, but I just don't see it. I see many more of the Mercedes and BMW driving types of whites in Palm Beach Gardens.

Palm Beach Gardens is ranked the #45th highest per capita income in Florida. Its not because they have a few mansions and a bunch of ghettos. It is very balanced. To top that off, they have tons of high end shopping centers, multiple malls, and many nice businesses. How could such a dumpy area support those types of businesses if it is what you say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach