Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 05:49 PM

7 posts, read 9,826 times

Advertisements

Hi, My husband and I are moving from Seattle to the Palm Beach area in a couple months. I have a job in the PB Gardens area and my husband is going to be working in Boca Raton. We are in our early 30s and have a couple dogs, so we are looking for a house, budget up to $1600/m. We like our space and are looking for a neighbourhood that has a laid back vibe. Any suggestions would be much appreciated as we dont know the area at all..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 07:17 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Lake Worth (Northeastern), and historic West Palm (Grandview Heights/Flamingo Park).

Also, maybe Northwood (stay east of Broadway, as south as possible) depending on your urban pioneer spirit.

These are more bohemian, gentrified areas. Lot less pretense.

Boca isn't really laid back by any stretch. Can't think of too many places that would have a surfer village feel there. Might be a pocket or two I don't know about.

Eastern Delray might have what you're looking for, but you'll pay a premium to live there.

Last edited by TriMT7; 11-25-2013 at 07:37 AM..

Old 11-25-2013, 07:18 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,676,642 times
Jupiter.
Actually, north of there is better. Palm Beach County is anything but "laid back"
Martin County, or St Lucie County are you better bets for laid back.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:35 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Jupiter.
Actually, north of there is better. Palm Beach County is anything but "laid back"

That is really not true. I don't live in a rat-race kinda place, and I live right next to downtown WPB.

It's all about perspective and how much you let yourself get caught up in other people's crap. Even in a place like NYC or Miami.

But, Boca is NOT commutable from Jupiter, St. Lucie or Martin County. WPB is even stretching it. Especially for people who consider long commutes to be awful, such as myself.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:49 AM

232 posts, read 773,443 times
I suggest the Bluffs in Jupiter off Marcinski . The area is very laid back. About a 10 minute walk to the beach or you can walk to the inner coastal. Also a walk to Publix. The beach on Marcinski is dog friendly.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:29 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Jupiter.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the info. Sounds like Lake Worth is the place if I want to keep commutes down.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:46 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,676,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
That is really not true. I don't live in a rat-race kinda place, and I live right next to downtown WPB.

It's all about perspective and how much you let yourself get caught up in other people's crap. Even in a place like NYC or Miami.

But, Boca is NOT commutable from Jupiter, St. Lucie or Martin County. WPB is even stretching it. Especially for people who consider long commutes to be awful, such as myself.
Yeah, Boca is a tough commute from St Lucie. I did that for a while. Sorry, I kinda focused on the surfing aspect.

If you don't mind being out in the boonies, though, look into the Acreage out west of WPB. you can get some nice deals on properties out there. big yards, not a lot of rules, and dog friendly.

With a job in the Gardens Gardens, and a job in Boca, SOMEBODY will have a commute.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:36 AM

8 posts, read 12,930 times
Getting busted with a single joint in Florida can see you losing your drivers license for 5 years, state prison for up to a year followed by expensive "rehabilitation," and a felony on your record. Florida has the harshest pot laws in the country combined with some of the most aggressive policing for small time drug offenses in all of North America.

I've never been arrested in my life, I'm not speaking out of personal experience. But if you Google it, you'll see what I"m talking about.

Unless your interpretation of the surfer lifestyle is different than mine, I don't think Florida has a "laid back" community in the entire state.

I love many aspects of Fl but laid back is not the optimal phrase.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:56 AM

Uhhh... Thanks for that. Not exactly what I was trying to imply when I said laid back. I meant walk to the beach, tiki bars, no big commercial developments, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach