Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 09:38 AM

126 posts, read 195,351 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have been working with a realtor in Florida while I am in NY packing.
I feel that the realtor I am working with is not aggressive enough.
Does not answer texts right away and does not seem pushy enough for me.

The fact that I am in NY and not able to see listings right now is stressful enough.
I need someone who will go to the listings I am interested in, actually check the place out to see if it's to my taste.

My husband and I visited already and if we have to fly back one more time, we will.
I would just rather not have to and rely heavily on the realtor to take more pictures and possibly Skype while there or take videos..
We are looking for a single family home rental in a gated development.

Does anyone know such a realtor who can be this person for me??

Must be in by April 1!

We are looking in the Royal Palm Beach/Wellington area and as an alternate, even some areas of Plantation.
Please PM me!

Thanks!

Old 02-23-2014, 01:21 PM

17,002 posts, read 21,674,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious1018 View Post
Hello,

I have been working with a realtor in Florida while I am in NY packing.
I feel that the realtor I am working with is not aggressive enough.
Does not answer texts right away and does not seem pushy enough for me.

The fact that I am in NY and not able to see listings right now is stressful enough.
I need someone who will go to the listings I am interested in, actually check the place out to see if it's to my taste.

My husband and I visited already and if we have to fly back one more time, we will.
I would just rather not have to and rely heavily on the realtor to take more pictures and possibly Skype while there or take videos..
We are looking for a single family home rental in a gated development.

Does anyone know such a realtor who can be this person for me??

Must be in by April 1!

We are looking in the Royal Palm Beach/Wellington area and as an alternate, even some areas of Plantation.
Please PM me!

Thanks!

This is a huge amount of work for a rental and you aren't even narrowed down to one city/town or even county! I would think a realtor would be hesitant to work with you if you aren't even here in person, never mind taking pics/skypeing/videoing a house for a future tenant.

Look at the work and the potential pay involved.....If I was a realtor I would rather work with a buyer in person looking at 100K homes than a potential renter from NY that is looking in a 50 mile radius!

Old 02-23-2014, 02:03 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,188,766 times
Been there before, in this position at this point in time a realtor will likely not help with rental until you are there & ready in person. Buying is huge difference in $ for them so of course they will help a buyer.

Honestly best way to do this move is accept the fact that you will have to be there in person before you can secure rental. What I would recommend is once mover has your stuff prepare to direct them to a storage facility for delivery (make reservation ahead of time for storage) making sure the facility has room and allows the size of truck that will be delivering to storage facility (from experience).

Then once you are there just live out of hotel or extended stay for week or more. Then you will be there in person and ready to sign lease & will settle in. Costly but keeps you from being stuck with nothing & no place to go. You can try to work around this predicament but it might leave you & family hanging with no place to go.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:21 PM

355 posts, read 909,499 times
Average commission on a rental= $300. Good luck.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:11 PM

224 posts, read 319,978 times
just move into a temporary weekly/monthly rental and find a place where you get here.

your expectations are insane.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:22 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,302,990 times
You would get that kind of service if you were looking to buy in a million dollar price range.

Rental agents have to pretty much seal a deal every day to make a decent living. They cannot be trapsing across county lines from listing to listing.

Sorry, but your expectations do not match reality. Come down, spend a day or two max with a realtor looking at listings, sign a lease, and let your realtor move on so they can put food on their table.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:59 PM

126 posts, read 195,351 times
As a matter of fact nay sayers, someone is helping us and very well I might add.
If you're going to be negative, move on..

Old 02-26-2014, 05:06 PM

901 posts, read 2,237,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious1018 View Post
As a matter of fact nay sayers, someone is helping us and very well I might add.
If you're going to be negative, move on..
Wait...if they are helping you very well great, no need to post looking for another realtor.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:08 PM

40,923 posts, read 48,883,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterCatcher View Post
Wait...if they are helping you very well great, no need to post looking for another realtor.
Must be a desperate Realtor. OP what's the problem then ?

Old 02-26-2014, 06:47 PM

355 posts, read 909,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
OP what's the problem then ?
Typical behavior - complain about everything when its really about nothing.

So over the snowbirds already- can you tell? LOL

Last edited by jgreco5; 02-26-2014 at 07:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach