Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2014, 10:51 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,607 times

Advertisements

Cant find much information online other than a couple sentences.. no full news story.... why?

"Club Oasis Shooting".. all I can find

I need more information about this incident. A club shooting in a great part of Boca Raton... what happened?

Used to live there and have family moving back right to that block. Has it changed in the last 10 years since I was there?

anyone have more information on this?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 10:56 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Violence has been such a common occurrence with regard to that club for years (I've been here almost 19 years and that club had a rep when I moved here) and Boca has a reputation for under reporting crime.
That's why you aren't seeing much detail about that specific incidence.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:38 PM

438 posts, read 653,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Violence has been such a common occurrence with regard to that club for years (I've been here almost 19 years and that club had a rep when I moved here) and Boca has a reputation for under reporting crime.
That's why you aren't seeing much detail about that specific incidence.

I agree. Its not a secret that that club has a somewhat strange and trashy clientele.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:44 PM

536 posts, read 844,941 times
I lived in Harbortown (possible d/b/a a new name now, but the development on the opposite side of Powerline) in 1986-89. There were rapes (drugs dropped into drinks; there were multiple stories and the Club was shut down for a while). It used to be called Club Boca, I think. I was invited there by a friend from work and it made my estimate of him really change.

Boca Del Mar is patchy--when I moved to East Boca it was partly b/c of vandalism, drug use, etc. in Central Boca, as Del Mar likes to call itself. (It is in unincorporated Palm Beach County and less regulated than the city of Boca Raton.) There are really good points, too, and I enjoyed living there, except for the noise. Boca del Mar is full of recent transplants who want to party. Or it was when I lived there. The landscaping there is just beautiful and the traffic, while ever-increasing, is still not on the level of traffic on 441.

The doings at that club are a big downside, but it's easy not to go there. I never did, preferring East Boca for dining and parties.

People who aren't down here yet won't know this: I didn't until I called the Boca Police for noise one night my first year and found out.

Boca del Mar is not _in_ Boca Raton and gets Palm Beach County services as an unincorporated place. Its growth is not regulated (though B del M has done way better than the slush-field on 441--thank goodness my bid for a house there didn't go through back in the day!). Boca del Mar doesn't have policing as a real town does. But the taxes are lower and Boca del Mar is not the zoo that the 441 area, several miles West, has become. The City of Boca doesn't report crimes there, because the place has voted several times not to become part of the real city. Or pay the real taxes.

I found Boca Del Mar a lovely first place to live in Palm Beach County, but places like Club Boca were not a high point.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:48 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,419,564 times
Yeah, I remember going to Club Boca back I the day. it was creepy.

Of course we were always warned not to leave our drinks unattended no matter where we went, but that place had the worst rep. And there were fights and stuff back then too. It wasn't a decent place for very long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach