Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 02:10 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALICIA246 View Post
We are in a gated community in Boynton Beach area which many here have mentioned is a nice area. We had our bicycle stolen from INSIDE our garage. I was shocked to say the least, I just can't imagine how someone could just walk into another persons garage and take something, and we probably had it opened for all of 20 minutes. I suspect one of our neighbors probably did it.
That's all that happened to you? I have family that lives up there and their place got ransacked by burglars, and so did half of their block. They told me it was happening all over Boynton. Boynton Beach is burglary central, and they even did a story in the Sentinel about it. Nice or gated has nothing to do with it. The burglars actually target the nice areas around there. It does matter where you live...

I wouldn't call Boynton all around nice either. Only the west half.

As my post from 2 months ago in this thread says
Quote:
Is it east or west of Jog Road. I wouldn't live east of Jog in Boynton. Boynton is mostly a very pretty looking area, but the property crime rate tends to be on the high side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 02:36 PM

44 posts, read 158,186 times
My boyfriend's parents live in a lovely gated community in Boynton. Their house is grogeous, as is the landscaping around the area, the pool, tennis coutrts, etc. I really like the area. I have heard there are burglaries but they have not been affected by any crime.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:48 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
That's all that happened to you? I have family that lives up there and their place got ransacked by burglars, and so did half of their block. They told me it was happening all over Boynton. Boynton Beach is burglary central, and they even did a story in the Sentinel about it. Nice or gated has nothing to do with it. The burglars actually target the nice areas around there. It does matter where you live...

I wouldn't call Boynton all around nice either. Only the west half.

As my post from 2 months ago in this thread says
The west half most people refer to is not really even Boynton Beach at all, the people that live there are not counted into the statistics. Most of Boynton Beach doesn't even have gated communities. It's kinda ridiculous that areas west of the turnpike use Boynton Beach addresses, there's no beach anywhere near there

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappergirl View Post
My boyfriend's parents live in a lovely gated community in Boynton. Their house is grogeous, as is the landscaping around the area, the pool, tennis coutrts, etc. I really like the area. I have heard there are burglaries but they have not been affected by any crime.
What road is it located off of? West of S. Military Trail is when you enter West Boynton, the unincorporated part.

Basically, Boynton Beach has had it's day. It's no longer a nice, safe city. Low class, undesirable, rude people have moved in and are destroying it. It's still more desirable than Lantana, directly north, though.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:06 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Maybe it doesn't matter what part of FL you are in. I'm still pretty worried about that hamburglar coming after me in Weston.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post

What road is it located off of? West of S. Military Trail is when you enter West Boynton, the unincorporated part.
I don't yet know my way around the area but I believe they live just north of Atlantic Ave. Is that considered ghetto? Because all I see are lovely gated communities and some strip malls. I may have seen the hamburger crossing Jog Rd at midnight once...

Old 04-02-2008, 01:07 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappergirl View Post
I don't yet know my way around the area but I believe they live just north of Atlantic Ave. Is that considered ghetto? Because all I see are lovely gated communities and some strip malls. I may have seen the hamburger crossing Jog Rd at midnight once...
That is considered West Boynton, not Boynton Beach. It may use Boynton Beach addresses (it commonly also uses Lake Worth ones, however) but it is not part of the city itself.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:47 PM

Ah well that makes sense. I was surprised to hear how awful Boynton Beach was after having just visited and thought it was so pretty and safe. Now I see I was not in the "real" Boynton Beach area.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:26 AM

4 posts, read 12,142 times
Default help what are the communities like

I am female,nice gal with charm of course, in my early 50's but feel more like 40. am moving near boyton beach to car for older parents....am lookinf for a place that has community--coffee shop, local book sotroe, local activities----seems like delray is the only place like that and it seems real expensive for a writer's salary....help me get a ahndle on this PLease!!! annie

Old 04-03-2008, 08:34 AM

4 posts, read 12,142 times
Default which WAY IS NOT JUST ON THE HIGHWAY? need help desperateltly

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniecogan View Post
I am female,nice gal with charm of course, in my early 50's but feel more like 40. am moving near boyton beach to care for older parents....am looking for a place that has community--coffee shop, local book store,art, local activities----seems like delray is the only place like that and it seems real expensive for a writer's salary....help me get a a handle on this PLease!!! Also any advice to where to live-- i do have 2 large but very cuddly dogs are there houses that are in eclectic areas or just condos...any advice is helpful thanks annie
this keeps saying i need to add 10 characters>>???

Old 05-20-2008, 09:51 AM

17 posts, read 78,839 times
Hello, I am going to be working in WPB and will be relocating with my husband and baby. My mother, 67 years old, will relocate too. I can only find Senior Only housing in Boynton, specifically Boynton Bay. This complex got ok reviews on ratings websites. We are looking for a SAFE 2 bedroom somewhere nearby for $1200 or less but can't seem to find anything! Any suggestions for complexes would be GREATLY appreciated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach