Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 05:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,863 times

Advertisements

I did a quick search and their isn't much talk about Bent Tree in Palm Beach Gardens. I love the location sitting right between I95 and the turnpike. It also is walking distance to PGA commons and just a short drive to the mall, Jupiter, etc.

Do you think it is possible to get a 3/2 for under 400K in Bent Tree? It looks like there are some family style homes that are less than 2000 sq ft, but those are very rarely listed for sale.

What other communities are a similar style to Bent Tree that stay close to I95 (wife works in Boca)? I know of Hampton Cay (brand new townhomes), Paloma Townhomes (the single family homes are well above my budget), and Evergrene (I felt that the houses I've seen feel very small and the high HOA).

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 08:47 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,814 times
Bent Tree is very nice, once in awhile one of the smaller single family homes comes up under 400k.
Oaks East is a Divosta community from the 90's East of 95 where you should have better luck finding something around 400k.
HOA's are a little higher because they maintain your front lawn, and it's gaurd gated, but it could be a good option since it's close to 95.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,863 times
Skylinet, thanks for the info about Oaks East. I would ideally like to stay north of PGA Blvd, but Oaks East looks nice for the prices. I just wish the schools were a little better for elementary and middle.

What are your opinions on the town homes of Paloma and Hampton Cay?

Old 02-08-2015, 07:32 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,814 times
Both are very nice if you're ok with a townhouse.
Oaks East is a nice area/community and very close to Pga and the mall.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:57 AM

80 posts, read 142,146 times
We are looking in the area as well..

Check out the Benjamen School

Old 02-09-2015, 07:19 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,393,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Da Beach View Post

Benjamin school is a very high priced private school though, so not an option for many.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:41 PM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Da Beach View Post

25K a year......prep school where the entrance rate/acceptance rate to the Ivy league schools is absolutely no better than a public magnet school!

12 yrs of Benjamin is about 300K in today's dollars (plus fundraising, other costs). That money could easily pay for an Ivy League education with money left over yet most of the Benjamin kids don't get accepted to Ivy League schools.....Irony at its finest!

Old 02-10-2015, 06:59 PM

80 posts, read 142,146 times
I would rather take my chances with with The Benjamin

Old 02-16-2015, 09:27 AM

8 posts, read 25,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbark03 View Post
I did a quick search and their isn't much talk about Bent Tree in Palm Beach Gardens. I love the location sitting right between I95 and the turnpike. It also is walking distance to PGA commons and just a short drive to the mall, Jupiter, etc.

Do you think it is possible to get a 3/2 for under 400K in Bent Tree? It looks like there are some family style homes that are less than 2000 sq ft, but those are very rarely listed for sale.

What other communities are a similar style to Bent Tree that stay close to I95 (wife works in Boca)? I know of Hampton Cay (brand new townhomes), Paloma Townhomes (the single family homes are well above my budget), and Evergrene (I felt that the houses I've seen feel very small and the high HOA).

Thanks for your help!
I would try PGA National. I just moved here a few months ago. There are tons of different types of neighborhoods in here. There are also way more kids than there used to be. Right now PGA National is going through a renaissance of sorts right now. More and more younger people are moving in as the older ones are moving out or dying off. Many neighborhoods have little to no HOA fees. You don't HAVE to join the club yet you get the advantage of living in a resort area.

Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach