Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2015, 08:11 PM

1 posts, read 857 times

Advertisements

Hello. My husband recently was offered a job in wpb and we are planning to move this summer. We currently live in Indiana. I'm sure things are extremely different down there. We have two school aged children and a 3 year old. My kids attend a country school here with about 120 in each grade. It's one of the best schools academically and I desperately want to find something similar in that area. All the schools I've read about and saw on the maps are all very big. We are interested in port st lucie BC of the affordability as far as homes go. But again the schools do not appear to have a good rep. We are looking to rent the first year until we are familiar with the areas more. We want to spend no more than $1500 a month on a rental. We want a nice area with good schools. I also like what I've heard about Wellington, Jupiter, palm gardens and Stuart. Thanks in advance for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 06:50 AM

293 posts, read 497,507 times
forget about PSL if you want good schools. My guess is it will be a much higher cost of living here for you then Indiana. Wellington, PBG, Jupiter all would be fine choices for working in WPB and having good schools , but you may have a tough time finding something for $1500 a month. $1500 a month will not get you anything decent in a good school district. you will need minimum $1800 a month and more likely $2000 and that is bare minimum. $1800 to $2000 will get you a 3 bedroom 2 bath about 1800 to 1900 SF. for $1500 a month you will not get a single family home but a 3 bedroom 2 bath apartment mixed with section 8. in PSL you can finds something for $1500 but you will not be happy with the area, crime rates, schools etc.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:12 PM

499 posts, read 582,742 times
Welington fits the bill, but BVG_Steve is right on target with prices. We just relocated to Wellington and are renting for a year until we get acclimated to the area. We are renting a 3 bedroom/ 2 bath house in Wellington (1600sf) for $1950/month and we were lucky to get it. There is a lot of competition for good rentals. We had 2 other families who wanted our home and we ended up forking over 6 months rent up-front to seal the deal. My understanding is Jupiter is the same. Not sure about Stuart, but I don't think Palm Beach Gardens has the schools you're looking for. You may have a tough time finding anything for $1500 that meets all of your criteria.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:20 PM

22 posts, read 68,427 times
We went relocated to WPB for my husband's job as well. We were looking for family oriented communities with good schools. We narrowed it down to Jupiter and Wellington. We ended up in Wellington because it was more affordable and we LOVE it here. As others said, rentals are expensive and competitive. We have 2 school age kids as well and put them in Binks Forest Elementary on our realtors recommendation and I'm so glad we did. The school is awesome. But we pay $2300/month for a 4 bedroom/3 bath 2700sq ft house.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:50 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,777,888 times
Martin County has really good schools and may be more of the same since its not as busy as Palm Beach County but I would highly recommend Jupiter as well along with Wellington.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:53 PM

96 posts, read 187,642 times
If you were willing to commute to PSL then Stuart, Hobe Sound and Jensen Beach would be worth looking at. These are Martin County towns where the schools are excellent. You may find a rental in your price range.
http://jupiter-real-estate.gailmarcarelli.com/idx/results/jupiter-area-real-estate?idxID=b006&pt=6&lp=0&hp=1800&a_propSubType[]=Duplex%2FTriplex%2FQuadplex&a_propSubType[]=Single+Family+Detached&a_propSubType[]=Townhouse&a_propSubType[]=Villa&ccz=city&city[]=21435&city[]=23292&city[]=35212&city[]=45053&per=10&srt=prd

Old 05-31-2015, 09:49 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,027,067 times
Port Saint Lucie is not a good choice because there are areas that are not safe there from what I heard and what I have seen driving thru. Parts of it reminded me of home because of the farmlands and fields I drove by.

Now there is a nice area in PSL called Tradition, so check into that. Now Stuart is very nice a country home feeling l thought when I spent time there. There isn't much traffic there as you would find in Wellington, Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach