U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 05:52 PM

291 posts, read 324,402 times

Advertisements

I own an oceanfront condo in Highland Beach and actually zero units are for sale in my building and very few in highland beach. The fees are not really that bad but you need to know upfront add another 200 to 250 per month on top of regular fees for special assessments. That is simply a fact of life with oceanfront property. Simple common sense would tell you if you owned a single family home oceanfront you will spend a lot more on upkeep and maintenance then a home 10 miles inland, no?

As far as palm beach is concerned I cannot answer. I too looked there before I bought my unit and I did not like any of the buildings there nor is the beach as nice as down south more where I am. But I can tell you demand far outweighs supply at least where I am. I purchased my unit in 2009 and back then there were lots of units for sale, now there is zero and the value has increased by about 60% since 2009 .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 10:43 PM

15 posts, read 14,130 times
i have 2 realtors sending me condos for sale every week. some have been on the market for many months. my son has been around looking a several in the area for us. lot of them need work which is fine. its what we cant see that bothers me. some of the points you made are my worst fears. my brother just moved to ft lauderdale from manhattan 6 months ago. he got a great deal on a foreclosure right downtown. he saw it online a bid on it.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:25 AM

#1 is why would you have 2 realtors and not 1? That is a recipe for disaster as more than likely the 2 are sending duplicate listings.

#2 you are not providing enough details, provide a couple examples of address or MLS # these realtors are sending you.

#3 is personally I would never ever bid on a property online unless I knew the area and the building very well.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:52 AM

here is a couple examples

3590 S Ocean Boulevard 909 asking price 299,900

look at photos and views, you have an ocean view if you go to balcony and look between buildings with your head turned a certain way. If this unit was in same building and oceanfront it would be 599,000 not 299,000

Old 10-13-2015, 06:50 PM

371 posts, read 294,504 times
I was told its cheaper at the beach because of the hurricanes

Old 10-14-2015, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_w View Post
I was told its cheaper at the beach because of the hurricanes
thanks for the good laugh, this is about the funniest thing I have heard in weeks, cheaper at the beach because of hurricanes LOL.

Please apply some common sense, and do not believe everything you were told.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:20 AM

96 posts, read 130,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightgod1954 View Post
How do you know which??? does the realtor have knowledge? Or do you just look and use your common sense? They dont have to disclose any of this when you make an offer.
A good realtor should have knowledge and if not should know where to get it. And, yes, everything about the property needs to be disclosed so just ask the owner or the listing agent. That being said, you should visit the property to make sure there isn't something about it that you can not live with. 2 realtors sending you listings are just sending you listings. Your best course of action is to find a realtor who you trust, knows what you are looking for, knows the area and communicates. There is so much to learn about an area and its properties. Very difficult to do on common sense alone especially from afar.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:47 PM

96 posts, read 130,101 times
I had another thought as to why you can not rely on photos you find on the web and in print. In Sarasota there is a new condominium building being marketed. This building faces south. The literature and website shows a view from the penthouse of the marina to the south with the sun setting on the horizon. The sun is setting in the south in this altered photo. I can imagine an out of town person buying one of these penthouses only to find that they will not be enjoying sunsets over the marina. I do not work in that part of Florida, but if I did I would make sure that my clients were informed about this and I am certain every reputable agent in Sarasota will alert their clients.

Old 10-18-2015, 01:33 PM

15 posts, read 14,130 times
what we plan is when we find the place we like, we wil go down an investigate everything ourselves before making an offer. Right now just gathering facts and seeing what exists under the rug so to speak.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightgod1954 View Post
what we plan is when we find the place we like, we will go down an investigate everything ourselves before making an offer. Right now just gathering facts and seeing what exists under the rug so to speak.
good luck with that, I spent many months doing homework before I bought my oceanfront unit and have the advantage of living local so once I did my homework and a listing came up that looked good on paper I was able to visit same or next day. Doing this from afar you will have a hard time getting a great deal

remember it is a sellers market here and still lots of cash investors looking for properties, so good deals are taken within 1 day of unit being listed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or