U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 01:48 PM

956 posts, read 2,477,986 times

Advertisements

Hi, Can anyone recommend a hair salon, reasonably priced (around $65 or so) that cuts short hair well and doesn't lie about appointment times and waits? I've already tried Salon Sora, Gloss and Hair on Fire. All had long waits even with appointments and actually cancelled an appointment on me. I would be grateful to anyone who could recommend a place not run by liars? Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 03:09 AM

134 posts, read 260,240 times
My salon is in Boynton, and a short hair cut costs with tip a bit under $100.00, BUT I have tried many salons, and I am sticking with Matt at Pyure, 561-731-1866. The cut is modern and stylish and "lasts" at least a month, so I think the price is fair. When it grows out it retains its shape.

Pyure is on the south east side of Gateway just east of Congress.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:22 AM

thanks. I will look into it. Any more recommendations anyone? I keep making appointments and I get there to find a half-hour wait because they obviously don't know how to schedule appointments down here. I've gone to 4 in the past month and had to leave. It's one thing if they are finishing up with a client, but when I get there they are actually starting or have just started with a "prior appointment'. I can understand waiting for drs., but not for hair stylists. So far, I've tried Trace, Salon Sora, Hair on Fire and Gloss. I welcome any other suggestions.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:25 AM

4,958 posts, read 6,893,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doghead View Post
I keep making appointments and I get there to find a half-hour wait because they obviously don't know how to schedule appointments down here. I've gone to 4 in the past month and had to leave. It's one thing if they are finishing up with a client, but when I get there they are actually starting or have just started with a "prior appointment'.
This is very common unfortunately.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:29 PM

52 posts, read 78,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doghead View Post
Hi, Can anyone recommend a hair salon, reasonably priced (around $65 or so) that cuts short hair well and doesn't lie about appointment times and waits? I've already tried Salon Sora, Gloss and Hair on Fire. All had long waits even with appointments and actually cancelled an appointment on me. I would be grateful to anyone who could recommend a place not run by liars? Thanks.
I have an amazing Hair Salon in Boca... didn't look at all your other replies.. and I know I am a bit late in answering..

Kiwi - She is amazing.. her salon is : Key to Beauty Salon address:
33 SE 7th St
Ste B
Boca Raton, FL 33432

Get Directions

Phone number (561) 235-5857

I paid $50 for my first cut.

Tell her Nina sent you.

And believe me, I am VERY PICKY!!! I only like 2 hair salons (rather the people) in FLA.. one in Hollywood and this one...

Check out her reviews on Yelp.com

Old 11-29-2015, 08:37 AM

500 posts, read 712,646 times
I am also searching for a salon that is good with short, thick hair. I have tried many and they all leave it too thick and just do poor quality cuts. I am desperate enough to even overpay if it's for the right stylist.

Old 11-29-2015, 01:20 PM

Thank you everyone for your recommendations. BillieUSA: I went to Pyure in Coconut Creek since it is closer to where i live. I thought they were great and very reasonably priced.
LVKim 8: I also have short thick hair. I thought Karen, at Pyure did a great job. $50.

Old 12-13-2015, 05:52 AM

134 posts, read 260,240 times
I am glad you are satisfied. I myself would travel up to one hour to go to a great stylist. To me good hair is more important than almost anything else about my looks. I have traveled to Boca from Boynton in the past, and given up in favor of Matt at Pyure in Boynton. I am surprised about the waiting. I almost never have to wait. I do not think my salons welcome walk-ins, so maybe that is it, they would keep on schedule.

Matt told me a funny story... I asked him how does one get a job at a place like Pyure. He told me he auditioned... he accosted 2 girls in the mall and asked whether they would accompany him to the audition and get a free styling, and they said yes. One of them is still his client.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:03 AM

44 posts, read 56,094 times
Cloud 10 off Pametto Park in DT Boca. I am a dude but they do a great job and I never have had to wait with an appointment.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:07 PM

9,367 posts, read 24,398,511 times
George at Hair Market in Lake Worth is great with short cuts and very inexpensive. I've paid $65.00 in Boca for an "ok" cut, left another shop looking like Eddie Munster... anytime I have tried to find someone closer to Boca, I've regretted it. He stays busy, though, so you'll need an appointment.

George
Hair Market
82 South Congress Ave.
Lake Worth, FL 33467
Telephone : 561-967-0443
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach