Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 04:58 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times

Advertisements

Where are the Latins? In Ancient Rome. You're thinking of Latinos, esse.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:51 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD1812 View Post
This is such a sad thread. How a simple question asking about Latin foods, clubs, etc could end like this in 2016 is pathetic. I had no idea there was so much hate in this country until this year. Trash being thrown out could be done by any race. Someone not learning English could be, because they have 2+ jobs, and no time to go to school.
I thought the OP was looking for Latino culture in Palm Beach county too !
Now it's become a hate filled thread about Hispanics.

Another ********** let loose on the forum !

Old 08-22-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Actually, i found them. They are all over WPB. They just opened an "El Presidente" grocery store and you wouldn't believe the number of Central Americans that patron this place. Its basically 100% spanish speaking employees. Its unbelieveable. Never in my dreams would i have imagined. I mean none (or at least those i've spoken to) of the employees speak English....now that's SAD!

How did they get here and get a job, is beyond me. (same thing at the WPB Walmart----amazing).
When you patronize a "ethnic" establishment are you expecting to only hear English?
What is sad about that?

Why is it Unbelievable regarding the number of Central Americans that patron this place.Its basically 100% spanish speaking employees.

How did they get here and get a job, is beyond me.

El Presidente is a store that caters to hispanics so why are you expecting that every employee has to speak English & why do you care about how they got here?

Are you implying that they are Illegals just because they speak Spanish?

Old 08-22-2016, 11:38 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I thought the OP was looking for Latino culture in Palm Beach county too !
Now it's become a hate filled thread about Hispanics.

Another ********** let loose on the forum !
Bob...truth be told, i was looking for English speaking Latins (or a touch of latin culture). PERHAPS i should have been more precise in my OP by asking "where is the Latin Culture in PALM BEACH?"

PS. i am not a Trump fan or for that matter a Hillary fan either. Obviously, the thread turned south when I came to the realization that there are Latin's in Palm Beach,...but many of them (like in Miami) don't or choose not to speak English.

AND YEAH, call me crazy, a conservative or whatever you want, but i for one am an American who thinks that "for the good of the country", all citizens who live in THE USA should learn the native tongue.

SO YEAH, i found it somewhat shocking that "every" employee that i spoke with at the store did not speak ANY English....YEP.

BTW, i would also apply that rule to any country on the Globe and "their native tongue." I for one, would never go to Russia and avoid learning "Russian" because i "felt" as if i didn't need to know it.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Bob...truth be told, i was looking for English speaking Latins (or a touch of latin culture). PERHAPS i should have been more precise in my OP by asking "where is the Latin Culture in PALM BEACH?"

PS. i am not a Trump fan or for that matter a Hillary fan either. Obviously, the thread turned south when I came to the realization that there are Latin's in Palm Beach,...but many of them (like in Miami) don't or choose not to speak English.

AND YEAH, call me crazy, a conservative or whatever you want, but i for one am an American who thinks that "for the good of the country", all citizens who live in THE USA should learn the native tongue.

SO YEAH, i found it somewhat shocking that "every" employee that i spoke with at the store did not speak ANY English....YEP.

BTW, i would also apply that rule to any country on the Globe and "their native tongue." I for one, would never go to Russia and avoid learning "Russian" because i "felt" as if i didn't need to know it.
Really? "for the good of the country", all citizens who live in THE USA should learn the native tongue." or to your "comfort" level?

Because what is bothering you is hearing Spanish spoken right in front of you and you can't speak it.
I do agree with you that "Latins" as you like to call them should excel at learning to speak English and try to assimilate but only because it benefits them and not your myopic world view.

I'm not sure how long you have been living in PBC /SE Florida but this is a active Immigrant metro where up to 60+% of the population in Miami is foreign born and there are multiple languages being spoken besides Spanish.
Hence they are going to speak the language of which they came from.

Also why you are upset with a Minimum wage worker at a Spanish grocery store speaking his native tongue in your presence!
If they choose not to speak English their opportunities will be limited anyways when it comes to economic prosperity but I'm sure that isn't a concern of yours.

You were disengenious in your OP.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:15 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
This thread is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach