U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2008, 05:39 PM

40 posts, read 188,700 times

Advertisements

I was told that there are young Jewish families moving to Delray Beach.

I would be very interested to know if this is the case. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with some info. on this, or if the young population is growing there in general, and in both cases, is it more East Delray or West?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 05:47 PM

1,770 posts, read 7,556,418 times
The median age for Delray Beach is 44 years old.

There is an established Jewish community already in the city that has been there for years.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:50 PM

8,376 posts, read 28,094,247 times
I can't think of any young Jewish community at all moving to Delray Beach. The Jewish population there is retirement age and remains that way to this day. I think there are more young Jews in Wellington or west Boynton.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:27 PM

40 posts, read 188,700 times
On the Jewish Federation web site it says that there has been growth specifically in the young population of Delray. We are young and considering a move there, so I wanted to know where its happening. Thanks everyone for help.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:41 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,938,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LefflerT View Post

I would be very interested to know if this is the case. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with some info. on this, or if the young population is growing there in general, and in both cases, is it more East Delray or West?
Yes and no, I know of a few friends that moved to Delray, plenty of Temples to choose from and as already mentioned more then half the population are seniors.

Broward has a younger population overall.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:16 AM

11,636 posts, read 20,846,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LefflerT View Post

My experience in Delray is limited. The few times I have been to Delray I was about 30 years younger than any other adult in the room. I am 42 years old so I'm not that young. My husband's late aunt used to live in Delray and we frequently went there to visit her when she was alive. Everyone we encountered there was old (REALLY old).

Now-that said, my son's lacrosse team is scheduled to play Delray this Saturday so there must be at least SOME families in that area. Boca has an established lacrosse club so the chances are that most of the Delray kids live in the immediate area and are not commuting from Boca. We are scheduled to play them at home this weekend and in Delray in late April.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:10 AM

3,043 posts, read 6,940,954 times
Downtown Delray around Atlantic Ave is young - check it out. I love that area.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:48 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,938,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
Downtown Delray around Atlantic Ave is young - check it out. I love that area.
Yes and a lot of them are rehab patients.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:16 AM

3,043 posts, read 6,940,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Yes and a lot of them are rehab patients.

Makes for great Happy Hour deals and bustling coffee shops! Seriously, it is the only place in South Florida that I have experienced that truly has a community feel. Walking to the the WPB Photography Center for an exhibit, or to the Mystery Bookstore, or one of the many festivals, or the farmer's market on Sundays, or to an auction, or to the beach, or for ice cream or to one of the countless cafes in an upscale area that isn't as pretentious as Las Olas, or anonymous as South Beach, really makes for a great place to live. We stayed within walking distance of Atlantic Ave for 6 weeks and had an amazing time and met MANY creative interesting people. If we could sell our house in Davie, that's where we'd move for the next few years that we need to be in this area.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:05 PM

7 posts, read 63,359 times
Default Goes both ways...

I grew up in Delray and it has changed a lot since I was little.... the Downtown area is not only the "trendy" place to live/eat/shop (near the beach), but its also really fun to find the old hidden gems off the beaten path that are still there from years ago. I loved growing up there but have since moved. The older population stays mostly in Boca, so Delray is a lot younger than the Boca population. Property values have gone up a lot, Look at east Boynton too... Good luck in your move (even though I think this is an old post).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach