Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2018, 09:05 AM

11 posts, read 15,778 times

Advertisements

My son has very high functioning Aspergers and honestly you would not be able to tell unless I told you. He is in main steam (regular classes) and does great...here, where we are now. He does get overwhelmed but the school here helps him when that happens.
However, my husband may be moving us closer to the Ft Lauderdale area for his job and we are looking for nice areas to move our family and still be able to provide him support at a good school. He is in middle school now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also have a daughter that will be attending middle school as well. Just looking for a nice, safe area to raise the family and get support from whatever school they go to. We are willing to live within 60 miles of Ft Lauderdale for a great school for him and a safe area for the family. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 11:46 AM

66 posts, read 117,266 times
Here in Jupiter is the Els Center for Autism. But that's every bit of 60 miles from Ft. Lauderdale.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:03 PM

Thank you, I will definitely check out the school.

Old 02-14-2018, 01:58 AM

30 posts, read 36,823 times
I have two special needs daughters in middle school. The one with more severe needs has been place in Omni Middle and she is doing great. My second daughter has been placed in Boca Middle and her progress has been fantastic. It does not really matter what part of Boca Raton you live in because the school district will placed your kid, between the city boundaries, at the right school based on his special needs.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:06 PM

Thank you so much Peruchi, that makes me feel so much better.

Old 02-15-2018, 03:08 AM

30 posts, read 36,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcatz74 View Post
Thank you so much Peruchi, that makes me feel so much better.

No problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
View detailed profiles of: