U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 08:09 PM

33 posts, read 22,897 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping to get a little information about communities throughout the West Palm Beach county. My husband and I and our little 7 LB Morkie Are visiting South East Florida in June of this year. This has been a long time coming and we do not want to have this be a waste of our time and money. 1st off I'll tell you a little bit about us. I am 60 years old and on Disability. My husband will be retiring in about Eleven months. We have a house to sell i the Pittsburgh area and I'm not very sure what we're going to get for it but I think at least a $150000. We would like to pay cash for a condo preferably in Delray, boyton beach, or Lake Worth. We are open to any other locations that are within 5 to 15 minutes from the ocean and are also fairly safe communities. We are looking at 55 plus communities but that is not my preference at all. I would prefer a nice any age community because I'm very young at heart . Hubby on the other hand Kind of likes the idea.

I know a $150000 isn't much but This is why I'm coming to you. Is it possible to buy a condo around 1300 ft² In a nice well kept community ? I wouldn't even consider a place that didn't have a great HOA Or one that allowed toys and garbage to be all over the place. I would rather the community be beautiful than the condo to be beautiful. I can always fix up the condo but I can't change the community if it's not well managed. To give you an idea of something that we feel would be OK for us is the Rainberry community in Delray. The community looks really well kept. O and I do have some must haves. We must have a pool, and they must allow little dogs, we would really prefer a first floor condo or a townhouse with a master bedroom on the 1st floor. Like I said I am disabled and I'm worried as I age I won't be able to do steps very well. I also do not do elevators. Especially elevators That are small and possibly hot. I would love 3 bedrooms but would accept 2 bedrooms with a nice Florida room. 2 bathrooms are a must.

Hubby and I love the ocean and swimming. We are moving here to get out of the frigid coldOf Pennsylvania. I know that Florida heat Can be Oppressive. But as long as I have air conditioning I should be OK. I personally don't like hot hot hot weather but hubby loves it.I want him to be happy .

We are also looking for an excellent realtor who deals in homes in our cost category. We'd like someone who has lived in South East Florida all their lives and can tell us which direction would be best for us.

Please if you know of any really nice communities in our price range I would so appreciate it if you would let us know. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and hopefully taking the time to answer. If there's anything I missed and you have questions please feel free to ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 08:57 PM

2,566 posts, read 2,161,744 times
Some sections of High Point allow pets. Yes that is 55+.

South winds/Eastwinds condos on Homewood off of Linton in Delray are nice condos that occasionally have first floor apartments for sale but they go fast.

A 2 bedroom at Southwinds is pending at 147,000.

That buyer is lucky!

Old 03-05-2018, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Some sections of High Point allow pets. Yes that is 55+.

South winds/Eastwinds condos on Homewood off of Linton in Delray are nice condos that occasionally have first floor apartments for sale but they go fast.

A 2 bedroom at Southwinds is pending at 147,000.

That buyer is lucky!
Thank you so much. It is a pretty community and in our price range. We will definitely check out both Southwinds and Eastwinds when we go in June.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:20 AM

And it’s a great location. Just a short drive down Linton to every convenience/store you could want- Trader Joe’s, Target, Publix, etc. then the beach. The hospital and doctors just to the west, should you choose to use those.

Fire station is right down the street.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:14 PM

Thank you so much. If you know of any other 55 plus communities I would appreciate it.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:04 AM

High Point has different sections; one is west of Military, by the way.

I wouldn’t recommend Kings Point at all , but to each his own!

Old 03-07-2018, 08:23 PM

783 posts, read 533,169 times
ByeBye - aren’t there some nice communities in Boca as well that might hit that price range? I know I have driven by some condo complexes on the East side by Federal (east of Glades?) that are older but are super clean and well kept, close to the beach, with a nice longer well kept sidewalk that looks good for walking.

Old 03-08-2018, 04:56 AM

Yes, I think near the 5th/4th Av area there are some. Not sure what Boca Teeca is going for; that’s more to the west.

The 5th Ave Shoppes would be in walking distance, and in that price range, if available, would likely be nicer than Delray in that price range, with a few exceptions. The buildings are older but well kept, yes.

Also the condos by the Spanish River bridge come up once in a while. They are smaller and older but really nice. A friend lives in a 2nd floor apartment. Have no idea what they go for now but hers was under 100k like 5 years ago.

Just make sure the condo is well-funded (I think they call it a reserve?) so you don’t get hit with some enormous assessment at some point.

Sabal Pines and Delray Oaks might be other choices in Delray. Also Pines of Delray.

Those are in great locations near the Homewood buildings.

Also Imperial Villas, Lago Delray - Zorno, Casita and Casa Way , Delray.

Condos on SW 22nd Av , 22nd Circle, 21st Ter.

What some of these places lack is a nice pool/clubhouse. Although they do have the pool and clubhouse, for the most part.

I also forgot about Country Manors off of Lake Ida. They are single story villas. Each circle has its own pool. Older, but well-kept. The streets are named after birds . Flamingo, Mickingbird, etc.

I just suggested the Homewood buildings to keep an eye on. If you can get something in your price range there-and they do come up- the complex is sooooo much nicer than the other places. In their position, that would be my first choice. And I already know the residents, lol.

Best thing to do is ride around in this areas- you’ve got Boynton too, and I’m not sure about Lake Worth although I live there. There are some older small places in nice areas near the intracoastal near downtown; other areas are very sketchy even near the water. The condos on South Lakeside are nice though.

Boynton may have something in the condos off Woolbright Road, or the small older condos near downtown.

Maybe find something that suits you and then ask for our “editorial opinion” of it.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 03-08-2018 at 05:24 AM..

Old 03-11-2018, 02:40 PM

Thank you so much

Old 03-11-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Yes, I think near the 5th/4th Av area there are some. Not sure what Boca Teeca is going for; that’s more to the west.

The 5th Ave Shoppes would be in walking distance, and in that price range, if available, would likely be nicer than Delray in that price range, with a few exceptions. The buildings are older but well kept, yes.

Also the condos by the Spanish River bridge come up once in a while. They are smaller and older but really nice. A friend lives in a 2nd floor apartment. Have no idea what they go for now but hers was under 100k like 5 years ago.

Just make sure the condo is well-funded (I think they call it a reserve?) so you don’t get hit with some enormous assessment at some point.

Sabal Pines and Delray Oaks might be other choices in Delray. Also Pines of Delray.

Those are in great locations near the Homewood buildings.

Also Imperial Villas, Lago Delray - Zorno, Casita and Casa Way , Delray.

Condos on SW 22nd Av , 22nd Circle, 21st Ter.

What some of these places lack is a nice pool/clubhouse. Although they do have the pool and clubhouse, for the most part.

I also forgot about Country Manors off of Lake Ida. They are single story villas. Each circle has its own pool. Older, but well-kept. The streets are named after birds . Flamingo, Mickingbird, etc.

I just suggested the Homewood buildings to keep an eye on. If you can get something in your price range there-and they do come up- the complex is sooooo much nicer than the other places. In their position, that would be my first choice. And I already know the residents, lol.

Best thing to do is ride around in this areas- you’ve got Boynton too, and I’m not sure about Lake Worth although I live there. There are some older small places in nice areas near the intracoastal near downtown; other areas are very sketchy even near the water. The condos on South Lakeside are nice though.

Boynton may have something in the condos off Woolbright Road, or the small older condos near downtown.

Maybe find something that suits you and then ask for our “editorial opinion” of it.
YOU are so awesome. You have no idea how much this helps me. We now can at least look at neighborhoods when we arrive. Thanks for the info about the reserve..I had no clue. Are there other fees or costs besides the HOA ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach