U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-18-2018, 06:16 PM
 
5 posts, read 18 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hello florida friends,

I'm a fifties and I arrived in Miami 15 months ago from France with my family (younger wife, Son 18, daugther, 13).

We are understanding Miami is too crowded and too latin for us. So, we planned to move to the North in few months.
Although, we're constrained by the high school for our daughter.

So, we have the choice among Fort Lauderdale, Pompano and Boca Raton.

I work mainly from my house. So, It's not necessary to take every day my car to go to work.

I went few times at Fort Lauderdale and I love this city, its yachts, the ubiquitous water ... But to live there all year long, I'm not sure (crowd, trafic, tourists ...).

Concerning Boca Raton, to be honest, I'm a little afraid of being bored in Boca Raton. I love listening to musicians in pubs, cheap restaurants, cinema, shops not snobbish ...

Otherwise, I appreciate a lot the calm and especially the cleanliness. I know, it's not always compatible

As for Pompano beach, we do not know absolutely but we had bad echoes. I don't know why.

Our budget for a house is about 1.5 M$ and we'd like to have a little boat in front.

Finally, we hesitate ... Difficult choice. Thank you very much for your advices. All the Best. Marc.

N.B. Sorry for my english
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-18-2018, 07:09 PM
 
291 posts, read 187,264 times
Reputation: 583
Of the three, here is my advice:

Go to east Ft Lauderdale and spend a little less than $1.5 Million on your house and invest the rest on private school for your kids. IMO, it is false economy at that budget level, to get free (public) education and buy expensive housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2018, 09:15 PM
 
Location: Wellington, FL
25 posts, read 2,057 times
Reputation: 16
Marc,

I think you should consider a few areas: Lighthouse Point which is a bit North of Pompano Beach. Highland Beach which is in the Boca area. Also, Ocean Ridge.

If you're willing to go North, there are some great choices in Jupiter, Juno Beach and Palm Beach Gardens. What size house are you looking for? How many beds/baths?

Best,

Matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:04 AM
 
Location: South Florida
4,555 posts, read 4,905,027 times
Reputation: 4513
East of Federal in Pompano is decent or consider Lighthouse Point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:09 AM
 
9,402 posts, read 11,262,930 times
Reputation: 12607
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcAmblard View Post



I went few times at Fort Lauderdale and I love this city, its yachts, the ubiquitous water ... But to live there all year long, I'm not sure (crowd, trafic, tourists ...).

Concerning Boca Raton, to be honest, I'm a little afraid of being bored in Boca Raton. I love listening to musicians in pubs, cheap restaurants, cinema, shops not snobbish ...

There are very few "cheap restaurants" in any of the three areas you mentioned.

Look in East Delray Beach......... Atlantic Ave and Lake Worth will surely have your musicians and cheap pubs/restaurants with a better beach than the other 3 you picked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM
 
5 posts, read 18 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeZoo View Post
Of the three, here is my advice:

Go to east Ft Lauderdale and spend a little less than $1.5 Million on your house and invest the rest on private school for your kids. IMO, it is false economy at that budget level, to get free (public) education and buy expensive housing.
Treezero, It's an option to consider, indeed! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM
 
5 posts, read 18 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattr82 View Post
Marc,

I think you should consider a few areas: Lighthouse Point which is a bit North of Pompano Beach. Highland Beach which is in the Boca area. Also, Ocean Ridge.

If you're willing to go North, there are some great choices in Jupiter, Juno Beach and Palm Beach Gardens. What size house are you looking for? How many beds/baths?

Best,

Matt
Hi Matt, I don't want to live too far from an airport. Sometimes, I have to go to France for my job.

Otherwise, We don't need a big house. 2400 sqf and 3 BR are enough.

Thank you for your advices. Marc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Wellington, FL
25 posts, read 2,057 times
Reputation: 16
Hi Marc,

If proximity to FLL airport is top priority, some areas in Ft Lauderdale would meet what you're looking for. In no particular order: Bermuda Riviera; Harbor Beach; Bal Harbour; Lauder Gate Isles; all of isles adjacent to Las Olas Beach.

Lighthouse Point (Coral Key, Venetian Isles, Lake Placid) is really nice and shouldn't take much over 25 minutes to FLL airport so long as you're not going during rush hour.

Best,

Matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Palm Beach County
1,649 posts, read 3,570,949 times
Reputation: 585
Tropic isles in Delray.
Still get Boca high school, close to downtown Delray and not far from downtown Boca. If you're on the North side you can walk to a few cheap restaurants and trader Joe's /bike to the beach.
In between PBI and fll.
They'll be a new Ipic cinema open next year I think.
For 1.5 you'll get around a 2800-3000 sqft house and most of them have 90 ft of frontage.
Still active but not as busy as ftl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:01 AM
 
Location: South Florida
4,555 posts, read 4,905,027 times
Reputation: 4513
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
Tropic isles in Delray.
Still get Boca high school, close to downtown Delray and not far from downtown Boca. If you're on the North side you can walk to a few cheap restaurants and trader Joe's /bike to the beach.
In between PBI and fll.
They'll be a new Ipic cinema open next year I think.
For 1.5 you'll get around a 2800-3000 sqft house and most of them have 90 ft of frontage.
Still active but not as busy as ftl.
Definitely something to check out OP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top