Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:40 PM

33 posts, read 91,833 times

Advertisements

We are still trying to figure out where to move. We currently live in West Boca... We are 25-26 with a 6 month old and 2 dogs/2 cats.

We would prefer all or most of the following:

-A younger, less superficial/snobby area than Boca.
-A development/area where my wife will meet other young mothers(we are 25-26) 37 or under(maybe in the playground area of the development for example).
-An area with a community, where people have block parties and people are friendly
-Maybe a development with a clubhouse/gym so people might be more social(maybe even a clubhouse that offers activities to get people aquainted)
-Not too far from civilization(conveniences like Best Buy, Home Depot, a book store, restaurants)

We've been told to check out Wellington, Boynton Beach, and Weston.

Any thoughts would help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 08:51 PM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 793,615 times
Yea I would suggest wellington if your looking for a family oriented community. its a bit pricey but so is west boca. and there are more younger people there.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:35 PM

33 posts, read 91,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny561 View Post
Yea I would suggest wellington if your looking for a family oriented community. its a bit pricey but so is west boca. and there are more younger people there.

More young people in Wellington you mean, right?

Also, you could add to my list- adult sports leagues with people under 37.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:38 PM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 793,615 times
oh i dont live there. i just have friends out there. and im 17, so yea im a little under 37 hahaha

Old 04-08-2008, 08:14 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Best Buy just opened in Wellington off of 441, near The Home Depot and Lowes. Also there is a Whole Foods opening near the Mall soon as well. Wellington is pretty much self sufficient now.

Are you looking to buy or rent? What's your price range?

Old 04-14-2008, 05:18 PM

147 posts, read 568,699 times
What are golf communities, ideally over 55, that you can find a nice 3BR home in for about 300,000?

Old 04-17-2008, 05:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,652 times
Default Wellington

I'm a locksmith so I can tell you that Wellington is one of the few cities that I get the least call in burglaries and property crimes.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:41 PM

8 posts, read 17,553 times
I live in Wellington, and I think that's what you're looking for. It's not nearly as snobby and superficial as Boca, even though it can be at times.

If you're looking at Wellington think Sugar Pond Manor, Bink's Forest, or there is an alcove of houses behind the Publix at Wellington Trace and Greenview Shores. Those are all family communities, not overpriced, nice neighborhoods with lots of kids. There a few Sugar Pond Manors, and they are all near one of the public schools.

Get as far West into Wellington as you can, the areas near the mall and the newer areas like Olympia I would not recommend. But if you stay West of Big Blue Trace I think you'll find what you're looking for.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:41 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNDSY1212 View Post
I live in Wellington, and I think that's what you're looking for. It's not nearly as snobby and superficial as Boca, even though it can be at times.

If you're looking at Wellington think Sugar Pond Manor, Bink's Forest, or there is an alcove of houses behind the Publix at Wellington Trace and Greenview Shores. Those are all family communities, not overpriced, nice neighborhoods with lots of kids. There a few Sugar Pond Manors, and they are all near one of the public schools.

Get as far West into Wellington as you can, the areas near the mall and the newer areas like Olympia I would not recommend. But if you stay West of Big Blue Trace I think you'll find what you're looking for.
Actually the areas near Greenview Shores and Wellington Trace have some older looking say rough around the edges townhomes/duplexes and are not gated. I see some seedy looking people around there. Not exactly the nice part of Wellington. Kids for sure, many latch key types getting into trouble and some suspicious looking characters residing. I won't go as far as saying drug dealers but let's just say they don't work the typical 8-5 job.

If you want post Andrew Hurricane code homes you have to look elsewhere, most of that area is older pre-code construction and not too many gated communities. It depends.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:29 PM

3 posts, read 7,996 times
Default Jupiter

So are you willing to go north a little? Jupiter is great for families! We live on a dead-end street with about 20 houses. Almost every home is filled with kids- ages 5 months-11 years. All young families. We have block parties once a month and you'll find most of us out front after school & work. It really reminds me of when I was growing up with kids riding their bikes and scooters outside until it's too dark. All the homes were built in 2003-2004, 3 bedroom 2 bath. I know there's one for sale now and another will be soon (or possibly for rent). current price on neighbors is $299k. It's just the best neighborhood I've ever seen with such a close-knit feel. We are too small to have community park or fitness center but we are so close to everything (many parks and stores) and have so much fun in our front yards. In case anyone is wondering we are a hidden street across from Chasewood Plaza (Indiantown rd/Central area), most people don't know our street exists. Msg me if you would like any more info, I'm just very proud of our cute little neighborhood and sounds like you would love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach