U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 04:02 AM

12 posts, read 6,800 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone from Italy! I am thinking about investing in a condo or house to rent out (and maybe also to spend my holidays when possible) in Boca Raton/Delrey area. However, I would consider also other locations. Price range 150/180K USD, which I realize is not very much. Do you think I could actually find a good opportunity with my limited budget, is it a good moment to buy? Is it worth to invest in that area? In case, is there any significant aspect I shall carefully consider before taking any decision, any advice, pros/cons, neighborhoods to avoid, etc?

Thank you in advance for any help/info/tip you can provide!

DF
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 04:40 AM

4,593 posts, read 3,015,907 times
Buying this late into the cycle can be very risky. Better be paying mostly all cash and be willing to hold for the long-term.

I'll let the local Boca Raton experts comment on your budget (which does look low).

Old 03-27-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Buying this late into the cycle can be very risky. Better be paying mostly all cash and be willing to hold for the long-term.

I'll let the local Boca Raton experts comment on your budget (which does look low).

Thank you Astral_Weeks, actually I already had the impression my budget was rather low! Do you think there are other cheaper but interesting areas for an investment I should look at, while waiting for better periods to invest? Thanks again!

Old 03-27-2019, 11:32 AM

4,958 posts, read 6,901,313 times
Sorry - but your budget's really is too low for an "acceptable" area in either city.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:34 PM

6,576 posts, read 10,435,538 times
Smile You can find a condo in this range

Boca Teeca area

Expand your search to include Boynton Beach area also.

Old 03-28-2019, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Boca Teeca area

Expand your search to include Boynton Beach area also.
Hello Bette, thank you very much for your tip, well noted!

Old 03-28-2019, 04:24 AM

2,972 posts, read 3,124,789 times
Check out 1850- 2070 Homewood Bl Delray. Probably the best kept secret in the area. Once unit just went for 178,00. They go really fast. You might get lucky. It is worth setting up an alert on Zillow or something.

The buildings are off of Linton Bl and the area has upscale SFHs and will not be a bad investment.

There is also Sabal Pines.

If some realtor mentions Lucaya ( highly unlikely they will!) run! It’s a dump.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 03-28-2019 at 04:32 AM..

Old 03-28-2019, 08:10 AM

2,972 posts, read 3,124,789 times
Sabal Pines West and Imperial Villas in Delray both have several families and investors from Italy.

Just talked to their mailman!!

Sabal Pines East has SW 22 Ave addresses. Sabal Pines West has Sw 15 and 13 St, SW 27 Lane addresses.

Imperial Villas addresses include Ponce Deleon, Imperial, Duke and Knight.

In the same area Fiore Way, Casita Way, Casa Way.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Sabal Pines West and Imperial Villas in Delray both have several families and investors from Italy.

Just talked to their mailman!!

Sabal Pines East has SW 22 Ave addresses. Sabal Pines West has Sw 15 and 13 St, SW 27 Lane addresses.

Imperial Villas addresses include Ponce Deleon, Imperial, Duke and Knight.

In the same area Fiore Way, Casita Way, Casa Way.

ByeByeLW, thank you so much! Great information to start having an idea about the opportunities I could find in that area!

Old 03-28-2019, 03:05 PM

387 posts, read 466,869 times
My friend is a realtor, she tells me we’ve moved into a buyers market, inventory is up a bit, prices up but leveling off... While your budget is on the low end of the scale there are condos in that range scattered around Boca. A quick check of Zillow in zip code 33432 for example will show you the inventory around or near downtown. Just a walk around downtown shows you that construction is in full swing with high end buildings going up. The flight from NY, NJ, etc, tax laws, weather, baby boomers, make Florida a great choice for many. Also with Florida Atlantic University-FAU you have a pretty solid rental market. I just don’t see how you lose picking this area...Good luck...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach