U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 10:17 PM

4 posts, read 9,554 times
Default looks like the morakami

hey that last one looks like the morakami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 08:01 AM

14,667 posts, read 15,916,054 times

Palm Beach, November 2010

New clocktower made of coquina? stone at the top of Worth Avenue

Improvements to the avenue are almost done in time for the Holidays and season.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:12 AM

2,157 posts, read 5,063,804 times
No Boca Raton pics?

Old 05-18-2011, 08:17 PM

251 posts, read 361,454 times
MIZNER PARK

FAU STADIUM AND GYM

Old 07-24-2011, 01:37 PM

2,303 posts, read 2,323,921 times
West Palm IS Beautiful. Wow. Even More So Than Dade.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:18 PM

12 posts, read 38,100 times
Default View From Flagler Pointe

Old 11-21-2011, 07:26 AM

41 posts, read 60,688 times
Not to sound like a jerk in here as Palm Beach Island (the majority of these pics) IS a beautiful place... But has anyone driven 2-3 blocks west of downtown and the Cityplace area?

Take an drive up and down Tamarind or Australian Ave.. Much different sites...

Personally, I stay out of downtown WPB as often as possible. From many of the posts on here, most people are looking to buy homes less than $500K. That will not get you anywhere on Palm Beach Island... We should be posting pics of the realistic, everyday Palm Beach County.

A couple years ago, I looked at pictures in this same thread and thought, wow... Now that I'm here, I realize that they're all the vacation spot pictures, not the real, everyday stuff.

Please don't take this the wrong way, as I do LOVE living down this way. I just realized that getting out of WPB and into nicer communities such as PBG and Jupiter were priority #1 for me...

Good luck to all you future residents!

Old 11-21-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinisio View Post
Not to sound like a jerk in here as Palm Beach Island (the majority of these pics) IS a beautiful place... But has anyone driven 2-3 blocks west of downtown and the Cityplace area?

Take an drive up and down Tamarind or Australian Ave.. Much different sites...

Personally, I stay out of downtown WPB as often as possible. From many of the posts on here, most people are looking to buy homes less than $500K. That will not get you anywhere on Palm Beach Island... We should be posting pics of the realistic, everyday Palm Beach County.

A couple years ago, I looked at pictures in this same thread and thought, wow... Now that I'm here, I realize that they're all the vacation spot pictures, not the real, everyday stuff.

Please don't take this the wrong way, as I do LOVE living down this way. I just realized that getting out of WPB and into nicer communities such as PBG and Jupiter were priority #1 for me...

Good luck to all you future residents!

I assume you mean 2 or 3 blocks NORTH of downtown? West there is nothing but the highway and the lakes.

If all you've done is drive up and down Australian Blvd. and north on Tamarind, then you've experienced only a fraction of West Palm Beach. Might as well be someone whose only experience with New York City is the Bronx or Harlem.

Take a drive down Olive Avenue one day, going south from downtown. Or, drive down Dixie Highway, and check out any of the historic residential neighborhoods, or the south end neighborhoods.

(By the way, downtown is a very convenient and nice place to live, shop and go out). No sense to try to "stay out of downtown as much as possible." Plenty of families enjoy time downtown, including at the green market, or when kid friendly movies are played out in the open air on the green.)

The "Jupiter/Gardens" buyer or renter is usually not the same as the coastal West Palm Beach/Lake Worth buyer. I know a couple who moved from out of state to work at Scripps and ran screaming from the contrived cookiecutter suburbia of Jupiter/Gardens to live in a historic neighborhood in West Palm.

Last edited by TriMT7; 11-21-2011 at 07:47 AM..

Old 11-21-2011, 10:24 AM

41 posts, read 60,688 times
Whoa there... No, I'm not speaking North... I was referring to Tamarind in particular, which is west of Downtown/Cityplace...

But either way, off of Blue Heron, 45th, Palm Beach Lakes, and Okeechobee... 4 of the main exits off I95 into West Palm Beach... None of them will provide you with a nice family feeling. Lots of low class, low income housing, and there are constantly shady looking people wandering/walking the streets. We own a condo off of 45th Street... I lived there for a year before moving to Jupiter and I wanted NOTHING more than to get the heck out of that area...

I'm just saying... Shots of Worth Avenue and Flagler and Cityplace do NOT give a good representation of West Palm...

Yes, Jupiter/Gardens is much more suburban, but then again, there is a lot of downtown, active lifestyle in these towns as well.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinisio View Post
Whoa there... No, I'm not speaking North... I was referring to Tamarind in particular, which is west of Downtown/Cityplace...
I'm still not understanding what you're getting at. Tamarind west of Cityplace is nothing.... there are basically the school of the arts, empty fields and the health department building, traintracks, followed by office buildings and luxury condos on the other side of the tracks. Tamarind NORTH of cityplace, NORTH of Banyan Blvd., is where the trouble area starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinisio
But either way, off of Blue Heron, 45th, Palm Beach Lakes, and Okeechobee... 4 of the main exits off I95 into West Palm Beach... None of them will provide you with a nice family feeling.
Blue Heron is Riviera Beach. Most of east 45th street is Mangonia Park, edging into, again, north West Palm Beach, which is not an area that most people would ever consider living in, except for the northwood area, which is nice. West 45th street is the Villages area, which is apartments and condos mostly. It is not a bad area.

The southside of Okeechobee Blvd., west of 95 is not West Palm Beach. The north side of Okeechobee Blvd. west of 95 will consist of lower income housing, obscured by commercial properties and car dealerships. Most people do not live in that area by choice. However, west of Military trail you're getting into very nice gated developments.

EAST Okeechobee Blvd feeds into downtown, and again, I ask you: Have you EVER been to El Cid, Southland Park, Central Park/Monceaux, Flamingo Park, the Southend?

What isn't "family friendly" about these neighborhoods?:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=el+cid...,,0,10.15&z=14

flamingo park west palm beach - Google Maps

southland park west palm beach - Google Maps

south of southern west palm beach - Google Maps

south of southern west palm beach - Google Maps

Removed - let's stop being confrontational and get back to simply posting photos in this thread, please. It's not a debate topic.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 11-30-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach