Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:40 PM

1 posts, read 11,091 times

Advertisements

My husband has just accepted a new job in the area. He'll have to go to Pompano Beach a couple days a week and up to Delray Beach each day. The company has been gracious enough to provide housing for 1 year in Highland Beach, so we have some time to scout out the area. However, we don't even know where to start. We are late 20's-early 30's, with a 3 month old. Delray Beach and Boyton Beach have been suggested by numerous people. Any general suggestions about where to look for single family housing?????

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 01:00 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
None of the above. Try Coral Springs or west Boca Raton. Coral Springs would be good because you drive east to Pompano, north to Delray, and aren't surrounded by an awkward mix of retirees and thugs like you are in Delray and an awkward mix of crack addicts and retirees like you are in Pompano. Coral Springs is the 17th safest city in the US and is home to mostly young families. West (incorporated) Boynton has nice parts but truthfully I like Coral Springs or west Boca better and they would be more convenient.

If I got it backwards and it was inversive (start in Delray, go to Pompano) then west BB is probably your best option. Beware that there is a VERY big difference between west and east though. Stay out of the incorporated city, in fact stay west of Jog Rd. Incorporated Boynton is going through some hard times right now.

Let me tell you though, it's ALL going to seem kind of inferior to Highland Beach though. Talk about generous!!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 01:26 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,150 times
compelled is correct. West Boca for sure. Coral springs is too far IMO.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:28 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
I'm not correct, I meant to say UNINCORPORATED Boynton! BIG difference. Also Coral Sprigns would be most convenient if they have to start in Pompano and then drive to Delray in the middle of a work day, which I think the OP said they have to do sometimes although I'm not quite sure if I understood. Least driving. And if it's the other way around, west Boynton or the northern reaches of west Boca is the most convenient decent area.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:03 AM

3 posts, read 37,781 times
check out deerfield, coconut creek, west boca and coral springs,.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaskins View Post
My husband has just accepted a new job in the area. He'll have to go to Pompano Beach a couple days a week and up to Delray Beach each day. The company has been gracious enough to provide housing for 1 year in Highland Beach, so we have some time to scout out the area. However, we don't even know where to start. We are late 20's-early 30's, with a 3 month old. Delray Beach and Boyton Beach have been suggested by numerous people. Any general suggestions about where to look for single family housing?????

Thanks!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:58 AM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile South Palm Beach County

You will be in Highland Beach which is extremely safe and nice. There are lots of areas in Pompano, Deerfield, Boca, Delray, Boynton that would be perfect for you.

As you get to know the area, you can check things out more.

You can DM me for more info.

I have lived in NE Broward (waterfront) and Boca Raton (on a lake).

Old 05-03-2008, 06:15 AM

3 posts, read 36,533 times
im actually trying to move from miami to WPB area, i was wondering if anyone knew of an apartment complex right off military formally known as palm lake summit , or palm lake condos. i read nasty reviews of it on apartment ratings and im MOVING there!!!... if anyone knows if it IS safe please please msg.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:13 PM

7 posts, read 48,072 times
Hi. I would stay away from Delray-you're too young!!
Depending on what price range you're looking for, West Boca is beautiful, West Lake Worth and West Boynton (anything west of Jog Rd) is good and Wellington is excellent if your husband doesn't mind driving 1/2 hr to Pompano.(depends where in Pompano. If the job is east, the drive time will be longer)
Boynton Beach is mostly for retirees also, so with a young family like yours, I would stay away from there.
Coral Springs is nice, kind of pricey for the size home and more congested than Palm Beach County.
I work in real estate part time, so I know the areas very well and if you need more indepth info, let me know.-Gail

Old 05-06-2008, 04:43 PM

51 posts, read 355,964 times
Hey Trust Me...eastside Of Bb Is Not A Nice Place To Live. I Stay On Mlk Right Off Of Seacrest Or Federal. And This Neighborhood Called "chery Hill." I Would Advise Some Of West Bb And Some Of Delray Has Nice Areas. If You Are Used To Staying In Ghetto Areas, Go Ahead And Try Delray. I Would Not Expect Something To Happen Just Mind Your Own Business. But I Too Like The Idea Of Coral springs, Or Anywhere On The Westside. Good Luck!

Last edited by BOY-N-TOWN; 05-06-2008 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: CORRECT SPELLING

Old 05-20-2008, 09:49 AM

17 posts, read 78,813 times
Hello, I am going to be working in WPB and will be relocating with my husband and baby. My mother, 67 years old, will relocate too. I can only find Senior Only housing in Boynton, specifically Boynton Bay. This complex got ok reviews on ratings websites. We are looking for a SAFE 2 bedroom somewhere nearby for $1200 or less but can't seem to find anything! Any suggestions for complexes would be GREATLY appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach