Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 11:35 AM

42 posts, read 185,716 times

Advertisements

If I land the job that I hope to land, I will be moving from Kansas (goodbye snow and ice and subzero temps) to Boca Raton in the very near future. I will need a one or two bedroom apartment within reasonable driving distance of Town Center Road and would like to keep the rent in the area of $1,000-$1,100 a month. What am I likely to find in this range, do I need to go higher to be in a safe area?
Someone on another post said that traffic on "Glades" is tough in rush hour. Where is that? Is that a highway or is that a steet in Boca?
THANKS TO ALL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 12:23 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times
Traffic anywhere in south florida is tough during rush hour...not just glades. Glades is a major road that runs east-west through boca raton and other cities. With your price range, you should get something satisfactory in a decent area. Remember to pick something on the TOP floor to avoid noisy neighbor footsteps. That alone can make or break your living experience. Good luck and welcome to South Florida.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:20 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
You can probably find something in that range if you shop around, but Boca in general is more expensive on the rental rates. If you want to be on the top floor it will probably cost more, places like Gables Residential quote the bottom floor and then the prices go up if you want 2nd, 3rd and etc. levels.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:45 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Coconut Creek costs a little less than Boca and it's safer too (go figure), just not fancy or ritzy. They just had a big time robbery right off of Town Center Blvd today, I was there earlier. You don't really see Coconut Creek on the news for anything, and the actual crime rate is very low. You could fare a lot better for 1100 a month there and still be closer to work than living in, say, extreme west Boca. Just make sure that you look at the north side of Coconut Creek. The south side is full of shoddy condo conversions and complexes.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:52 PM

439 posts, read 1,748,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Coconut Creek costs a little less than Boca and it's safer too (go figure), just not fancy or ritzy. They just had a big time robbery right off of Town Center Blvd today, I was there earlier. You don't really see Coconut Creek on the news for anything, and the actual crime rate is very low. You could fare a lot better for 1100 a month there and still be closer to work than living in, say, extreme west Boca. Just make sure that you look at the north side of Coconut Creek. The south side is full of shoddy condo conversions and complexes.
Robbery off Town Center? What happened?

Old 05-07-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona25 View Post
Robbery off Town Center? What happened?
They apparently shot and killed the robber. Well, it was really on St. Andrews. All I know is there were a LOT of police and when I got home I read the story it said it was a robbery.

Would-be robber shot, killed in Boca Raton -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Old 05-08-2008, 05:58 AM

51 posts, read 356,164 times
BOCA RATON HAS ITS BAD PARTS LIKE "PEARL CITY." WHILE MANY PEOPLE GO ABOUT THEIR BUSINESS AND GO SHOPPING AND LIVING THE GOOD LIFE OF A BOCA MILLIONAIRE YOU REALLY HAVE ROBBERS, THUGS, AND DRUG TRAFFICKING. ITS NOT THAT DANGEROUS BUT GO AROUND THERE LATE NIGHT YOU WILL THEN SEE THAT BOCA HAS WHAT MANY VISITORS DID NOT KNOW ABOUT. ITS A VERY SMALL AREA BUT VERY CORRUPT. AND EVERY CITY IN PALM BEACH COUNTY IS FAR WORST EXCEPT JUPITOR WHICH I BELIEVE HAS NO GHETTOS.

"PEARL CITY": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_City_(Boca_Raton)

Old 05-08-2008, 07:09 AM

439 posts, read 1,748,832 times
Quote:
They apparently shot and killed the robber. Well, it was really on St. Andrews. All I know is there were a LOT of police and when I got home I read the story it said it was a robbery.

Would-be robber shot, killed in Boca Raton -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Ok, now I know which one you're speaking of. I work in this area but don't really leave my building much during the day. Hopefully they'll catch the remaining 3.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:26 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Quote:
It was a Jewelry Store Courier heist, the criminals were eyeing up the place obviously. Boca crime is on the rise to say the least. Little known to the crooks, the guy was armed and shot back, Castle Doctrine in full effect.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Little known to the crooks, the guy was armed and shot back, Castle Doctrine in full effect.
That's why I don't even know why people do this nowadays. But I have family up that way. They said there have been a lot of home invasions and other crimes have been SOARING all over west Boca. Like you said in the past, criminals driving in from Dade and Broward (and I'm sure the central part of PBC) who think it's utopia and discovered there is more worth robbing than in Miramar and Plantation. They seem to pick the either the sparking new places (west Boynton, west Miramar) or the upscale places that have easy highway access (Plantation, Boca).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach