Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 02:17 PM

42 posts, read 185,208 times

Advertisements

In general do you think Delray Beach is a better place to live than Boca Raton? I am about to take a job in Boca Raton, near Town Center, and trying to find a place to live. It seems like Boca Raton is mostly Upper upper income retirees and that Delray might be more middle to upper middle income. (Particularly looking at Mizner in Delray.) How is the drive ? Any thoughts? THANKS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 03:49 PM

6,870 posts, read 11,184,261 times
Smile Drive from Delray

15 minutes - maybe less depending on the time of day

Old 05-30-2008, 06:27 AM

51 posts, read 354,405 times
Well Boca Has Way More Entertainment And Probably Bigger Than Delray, Especially By Population. Delray Beach Crime Is Up There For A City With Possibly 60,000 People. Boca Is Alot More Safe And I Would Say A Little More Expensive. Although Im From A Ghetto Neighborhood In Boynton, I Also Lived In Delray And To Me I Think People Get Board With Delray Quick Cause Downtown Is All You Get, The Same Old Things. Feel Me? Mostly Old People Too...but I Think Boca Is Better. I Like Delray Cause This Is My Home And Im Going To Be Here Till The Day I Die. Even When They Try To Get Rid Of Our Neighborhoods For Some Condos And Want To Be Like The Next Boca Raton...so Boca Wins By A Long Shot.

Last edited by BOY-N-TOWN; 05-30-2008 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: SPELLING

Old 05-30-2008, 07:36 PM

42 posts, read 185,208 times
Default Thanks!

I appreciate the candid response. It helps.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:13 AM

No Problem...if There Are Any Questions, Ask Me Im A Palm Beach County Native And Ive Been Around Although Im Only 17...haha

Old 05-31-2008, 12:46 PM

7 posts, read 24,002 times
Hey KansasDB,

It all depends on the lifestyle you're looking for. The area is actually much younger than most people think...both Boca and Delray...and getting younger all the time. I'm a realtor and see the change as it occurs firsthand.

Mizner CC is a great community, but like all golf communities be prepared to cough up a manditory equity membership fee in addition to your monthly HOA assessments. Boca is a bit more upscale than Delray Beach, I live in East Delray and love it. If your job is near Town Center, you can live most anywhere in the area and be no farther than 20 mins at most.

Let me know if you have any more questions...Good luck with the move.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:40 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,225,727 times
Boca Raton is majority Jewish and mostly higher class. Most people would agree that there's a very snobby feel to it overall. It's safe, however, but it's pricey.

Delray Beach has many areas that look similar to Boca Raton but it also has more poor sections than Boca does. Delray Beach pretty much lacks a middle class - think a divided line between the rich and the poor.

Boca has better public schools as well.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego43 View Post
hey Kansasdb,

It All Depends On The Lifestyle You're Looking For. The Area Is Actually Much Younger Than Most People Think...both Boca And Delray...and Getting Younger All The Time. I'm A Realtor And See The Change As It Occurs Firsthand.

Mizner Cc Is A Great Community, But Like All Golf Communities Be Prepared To Cough Up A Manditory Equity Membership Fee In Addition To Your Monthly Hoa Assessments. Boca Is A Bit More Upscale Than Delray Beach, I Live In East Delray And Love It. If Your Job Is Near Town Center, You Can Live Most Anywhere In The Area And Be No Farther Than 20 Mins At Most.

Let Me Know If You Have Any More Questions...good Luck With The Move.
Ya Thats True And Pbcboy Is Right Also.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:04 PM

6 posts, read 38,051 times
Is delray all about the beach and those restaurants? What is good about pompano, boca, delray, boynton b, that they are close to miami/ west palm? some spots safer than others but what would y'all recomend boca?

Old 07-11-2008, 03:55 AM

9,297 posts, read 14,196,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane View Post

1) Is delray all about the beach and those restaurants?

2) What is good about pompano, boca, delray, boynton b, that they are close to miami/ west palm?

3) some spots safer than others but what would y'all recomend boca?
1) Yes, pretty much the best thing to do in Delray Beach in terms of entertainment is to stroll around "downtown" (but the restaurants are overrated and overpriced in my view) and go to the beach.

2) In my view, considering the traffic, gas costs, and lack of intelligent public transportation, none of the places you mention are really close to Miami. Yes, Boynton and Delray are somewhat close to West Palm and, under certain circumstances, it may make sense to live in the former to commute to a job in the latter, but in most circumstances it makes sense to live as close to a job as possible.

3) Yes, Boca Raton is probably at the top of the list in terms of quality of life in the southeastern Florida region. There are high paying jobs in certain niches of information technology and telecommunications, maybe financial advising if you have some high end clients, not to mention the medical field if you are a stellar doctor.

Some rivals to Boca Raton in terms of quality of life are Weston, Wellington, maybe Jupiter in northern Palm Beach County, among others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach