Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2008, 01:52 PM

14 posts, read 35,989 times

Advertisements

I am 38 and single and looking to move to Palm Beach County. I am looking to get a 2/2 condo that has some nice amenities (gym, pool, clubhouse, etc, maybe gated). I am looking to spend 150-200K, maybe more towards 200 if the taxes and HOA aren't insane. At first i was planning on Renaissance Commons, but after reading all the threads about how bad Boynton is I have second thoughts. I hear Wellington is better, but not sure where to look. I did see this one gated development near the mall called Shorma that looked real nice but don't know anything about it. I would like to move 30 minutes within my folks who live at Valencia Shores in Lake Worth (its off Lyons). I'm open to other cities if someone has any thoughts. I obviously don't want to move somewhere that's going to get broken into left & right. I live ina town in NJ which has barely any crime so its quite an adjustment. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,588 times
Boynton Beach is awesome! I can't believe some people and the way they have no clue whatsoever. Yes, there is crime here but it typically stays in it's own neighborhood and hardly ever reaches a point that you or anyone you know notices. My son is a cop here and he stays pretty busy keeping the streets safe. I know first hand many more stories than the most and I feel good about my daughter and my wife shopping at night. Boynton gets a bad wrap because it does have poverty neighborhoods and there are some gang activities but hey, I come from California and I saw so much more gang life there that here it is not comparable. We (my wife and I) live in a very quite little neighborhood on the water and it's so great. I am about one mile away from Renaissance Commons and we've lived here very nicely for over 14 years without any trouble. So to say we have gangs and to think we live in the getto is so not true! I wish you the very best and I know Boynton is the best for me and mine.
God Bless,
Daniel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach