U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 06:28 PM

114 posts, read 290,794 times

Advertisements

best of luck to you. I think you will be happy in Wellington. There is no need for you to explain or justify your decision to purchase OE. I considered the same information as you and made a different decision. That's what makes the world go round.

I hope you played hard ball with the sales rep. When we signed, we got them to come way down in what I thought was already a low price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 01:00 PM

34 posts, read 130,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobstar View Post
best of luck to you. I think you will be happy in Wellington. There is no need for you to explain or justify your decision to purchase OE. I considered the same information as you and made a different decision. That's what makes the world go round.

I hope you played hard ball with the sales rep. When we signed, we got them to come way down in what I thought was already a low price.
Hi Bobstar,

Not sure if this was for me, or another who purchased in OE. Nevertheless I don't feel the need to justify our decision to purchase in OE. I just read the post before mine and thought I would put our experience with this decision and congratulate a potential new neighbor on their upcoming move. Your right, different strokes.........Yes, we made a terrific deal on a top notch, fully upgraded beauty of a house!! Good luck to you and yours.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:38 PM

3 posts, read 6,094 times
Visited thered. Nice enough 65" wide homes...but I would never move there due to soil issues.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:51 AM

148 posts, read 479,662 times
What soil issues are there in OE?

Old 04-10-2009, 07:01 PM

3 posts, read 6,094 times
Former shooting range. The CENTEX folks, who were just bought out, will give you EPA info.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:06 PM

I wonder what will become of OE now that Centex is no more? Will Paulte build-out as Centex said it might or sell off the land? I suppose only time will tell.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:44 PM

4 posts, read 8,311 times
There is nothing serious problems to worry. Some people are trying to make this Oakmont estates is bad, because of jealous. I know very much about this community. They had some soil issues, but they rectified it. They are not a local builders.. Centex is top ranked. You can buy the house from there with 100% satisfaction. I live in the adjacent development. Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoyJoy View Post
Thanks michellelf. We were so busy looking at houses that we didn't much notice the local businesses LOL.

As someone who lives in the area but not in Oakmont Estates, can you please tell me what the community thinks about Oakmont Estates? I'm sorry to ask such a blunt, harsh question but here is my situation:

We have found houses in a few developments. Oakmont Estates offers brand new homes and the price makes the community even more desirable. Personally, I am fine with the outcome of the soil issue. My only hesitation to purchasing in Oakmont Estates is the reputation. I do not want to buy my dream home only to find that parents don't want their children to play at my house or swim in my pool, etc. That would be a nightmare! Should this be a valid concern?

Old 07-24-2009, 03:46 PM

4 posts, read 8,311 times
i already bought the house there. Its nice and beautiful. Bye bye to jealous people

Old 07-25-2009, 10:16 AM

Not sure who the "jealous" label is being directed to. If it was me b/c I posted my concerns about the community, your accusation is misplaced. I signed a contact and put a deposit down only to canel b/c of my concerns. Not sure how that can be spun into being jealous. Since that time, I have purchased a nicer home in a more established development. Anyway, I wish OE nothing but success, anything less will only help drag down the market.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:55 PM

2 posts, read 3,551 times
Default Swimming pools etc.

I thought I may offer some input from a homeowner in Oakmont Estates.

We have lived there for a little over one year and I have some comments regarding all of the information that I have read on this forum:

1. You can build a swimming pool and NO you do NOT have to remove the soil OR water. That statement is coming from the sales folks who are trying to make sure that the pool building goes through the ones that built the pools for the model homes. I have already seen one pool completed this summer and there are 3 or 4 more that are beginning contrsuction. In order to build the pool you have to get a water sample tested to ensure that it is below state levels. So far,(I have read and hold one of the reports) ALL testing for the pools has passed, without exception. In the report that I possess, the pool contractor dug several holes and had an EPA lab come and take samples. In that report, of the four holes of samples, two registered BELOW the MINIMUM arsenic levels to even register a score ... the other two are WELL below the states 10ppb (10 parts per billion) acceptable levels. Our house's lot tested less than 4.5ppb.

I have had several landscapers, contractors (5 pool builders) all come and give me an assessment ... ZERO complaints or concerns.

All that has to be done to build a pool is test the water ... if it is acceptable, no soil or water removal = $0 in added cost.

2. Please do not rely on the salespeople, as I had read the entire 270 page FL DEP report before we bought, had a 2+ hour conference call with the FL DEP engineers who worked on the site and another 2 hours with the Lab that has done all of the testing for the state on this subdivision ... all clear. I, in fact INFORMED the sales people of the particulars and asked that they read the information that they are tasked with representing, so as to get there stories straight. I have spoken with no less than three other owners who have had geologists involved before they bought.

3. Be careful what you may read or hear, as it took A LOT of digging to get to the right people ... BUT to Centex's credit, BEFORE we bought, the VP of land development actually put us in touch with all of the contractors who worked on the site previously ... and NO, they did not tell us to speak with "Bill, he does all of our work and has for years". Yeah and "Bill" may make $50k a year and drive a ferrari ...hmmm.

4. Lastly, I do believe that the prices were INITIALLY lowered due to the potential perception; however, the biggest drop was due to the market coinciding with Centex running into financial trouble, several months before the Pulte annoucement and had they not sold all of the homes was going to auction the remaining homes (for most all of the SF subdivisions). They are 75% complete on two of the four new models and two vacant lots have also been sold. It may be worth noting that from a liability standpoint, GOD forbid, Centex did not file bankruptcy ... the Pulte/Centex combo is a merger, not an acquisition, so they have not shed all of their contractual obligations, I suspect, due to the nature of the merger. If so, it would be reasonable to believe that Pulte assumed all liabilities or a "fund" would be set in reserve to address potential issues.

Hope this helps. by the way, our babysitter, sits for people in Versailles, PB Polo, etc. and always states that she is amazed that our home is nicer than most of the homes she goes to that sell over a million. Our house was "LOADED" ($80k in the kitchen alone in upgrades), as we bought one that had been built to the 9s.

best of luck to all in their search.

Last edited by funlife; 09-28-2009 at 10:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach