Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2010, 11:52 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,655,552 times

Advertisements

West Lake Worth, near 441 and Lake Worth Road, or Wellington. Which is better and why? Do you see West Lake Worth as a stable area for the future? We're looking in the area and saw what appeared to be some nice areas in WLW.

Please, Your input is greatly appreciated.

Oh, is this area serviced by FPL? Comcast?

Any and all information is greatly appreciated. I am sick of the west coast ( Port Charlotte ) and looking to move back to the east coast after being gone for almost 12 years. I used to live in Wellington and liked it although it was just a little too far from any decent shopping. I am referring to "pre-mall" days of course.

A lot has changed and for the life of me I don't remember how congested Lake Worth Road was then and haven't a clue now. This is going to probably be my final resting place in a manner of speaking so closer proximaty to doctors, hospitals etc is important as being close enough to good food stores ( I saw there's a Whole Foods now on 441 ) and we'd also like the little bump in warmer weather so we can hopefully grow a mango tree in our backyard. We've had freezes here in Port Charlotte for 2 years in a row and growing a new mango here was iffy before the freezes and no way we're spending the money on tropical landscaping again only to see it destroyed again. Twice is enough. I am assuming that Coconut Palms and Mango trees have no problem in the area of western Lake Worth I'm asking about?

We see a few listings that interest us a lot so we want to make haste over there this weekend and I'm even considering making a sight unseen offer on one house ( based on our approval when we arrive ) if we can obtain satisfactory information here at Citi Data and elsewhere.

Thank you thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 06:58 AM

114 posts, read 449,280 times
There is no real difference between the two unless you have kids in school. Lake Worth Rd. at 441 is practically Wellington if it isn't actually Wellington now. What developments in the area are you considering. I know the area well.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:07 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,160 times
There's a few good neighborhoods in this vicinity, I wouldn't make an offer without coming down for 3 days to a week at least.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,071 times
It took my daughter 9 months to find a home down there. The web can be deceiptful. You got to check out the neighborhoods, surrounding area and the # of foreclosures, etc. Even then, they would go in alot of houses that had great pics but were trashed. Take your time and make a good wise decision.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:05 AM

Great advice, thank you. Anyone familiar with Cypress Lake Estates?

Old 04-13-2010, 05:32 PM

25 posts, read 106,374 times
Cypress Lake Estates is a beautiful community. I'm familiar with it and the surrounding communities. And, btw, I believe all or parts of WLW are covered by Lake Worth Electric and not FPL. Coconut Palms do grow here - not sure about the mangos. Cypress Lakes Estates is definitely not as far west as Wellington.

I don't know how long you've been gone, but they are breaking ground on a new hospital in West Boynton this spring called West Boynton Hospital. The area has been way built up since you left. There are plenty of medical facilities and hospitals nearby.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:19 AM

That's great! How long is construction expected to last?

What are your views on Sugar Pond Manor in Wellington? How many short sales/foreclosures? Is there a way to find that out? There's some nice places in wellington.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:58 AM

63 posts, read 261,972 times
Cypress Lakes is a very nice community. Does not have the closed in feeling of so many communities. Great schools. Shopping and medical very convenient. I think FPL is the provider. Although the address is Lake Worth, this area is actually unincorporated Palm Beach County.Convenient to the turnpike, great restaurants, etc. Sugar Pond Manor is part of the older section of Wellington, could be hit or miss. I prefer the unincorporated areas.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:42 PM

11 posts, read 34,556 times
Please keep in mind the property taxes in the Wellington Area.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:40 AM

5 posts, read 19,109 times
The new hospital being built is on 441 and boynton beach blvd and is going to be called Bethesda West. it is scheduled to be completed around 2012. I work at bethesda hospital on the east end so I know. also, I live in west lake worth and it is not lake worth electric. everything is under FPL. only the east part by the ocean is lake worth utilities - which are terrible by the way...... word of advice - make sure you know the HOA costs before you purchase a home. we lived on 441 and southern and the HOA fees were about $300 a month compared to about $150 a little further east of 441.... good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach