U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 09:30 AM

51 posts, read 196,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyc1974 View Post
i live in delray now (mom of 20 month baby) but am in boynton beach all the time. I have never had any problems and have many, many friends with kids that live in boynton. If you are really concerned, just stay west of congress. There are plenty of retirees and gated communities out there. If you like the beach there are nice places east of federal, like marina village. Renaissance commons is nice as well, in the area of gateway and congress. There are far worse areas, especially if you are coming from a city. I think people are really over reacting!
no ones over reacting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 07:44 AM

10 posts, read 35,612 times
Boynton Beach - stay west of Military

Old 09-09-2008, 09:28 AM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 436,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyc1974 View Post
I live in Delray now (mom of 20 month baby) but am in Boynton Beach all the time. I have never had any problems and have many, many friends with kids that live in Boynton. If you are really concerned, just stay west of Congress. There are plenty of retirees and gated communities out there. If you like the beach there are nice places east of Federal, like Marina Village. Renaissance Commons is nice as well, in the area of Gateway and Congress. There are far worse areas, especially if you are coming from a city. I think people are really over reacting!
yea you may have not had any problems but my mom was mugged at 10:00 in the morning walking to her car in the k-mart parking lot in lantana which is just north of boynton. not at night in some parking garage or alley. in a big open parking lot at 10:00 in the morning.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:48 PM

2,515 posts, read 6,728,324 times
Let me reiterate to all those in denial.....BOYNTON BEACH IS JUNK....ALL AREAS ARE PRONE TO HEAVY CRIME DUE TO THE RIPPLE EFFECT FROM THE CENTER OF ACTIVITY. Besides...the thugs don't want to rip off their poor neighbors, heck no ! They want to drive a couple of miles west and east and hit the rich neighborhoods. Security guards at gated complexes ? No problem...just offer the hatian security guard 100 dollars to be hush and he will have no problem letting them in. Money talks, BS walks.

JUST TODAY IN BOYNTON....

People that are in denial....get your head out of your you know what !

450 officers raid Boynton neighborhood to break cocaine ring -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Old 09-20-2008, 02:19 PM

801 posts, read 835,691 times
I musn't have been paying attention to the news but it seems to me I rarely hear bad stuff about Boynton, all I see on TV is either here in WPB, Pt. St. Lucie or Ft. Pierce... I was once considering a move to BB because the cost of living was lower, maybe it's like everything else here, a mixed bag.

P.S. I just went to the BB Police Dept. website and began reading the crime report for last year and there was a significant increase in crime, well, well, well!

Last edited by TiredOfSFL; 09-20-2008 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: To add something...

Old 09-20-2008, 03:12 PM

338 posts, read 76,239 times
Is A1A boynton beach safe?

Old 09-20-2008, 03:26 PM

1,770 posts, read 5,430,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfSFL View Post
I musn't have been paying attention to the news but it seems to me I rarely hear bad stuff about Boynton, all I see on TV is either here in WPB, Pt. St. Lucie or Ft. Pierce... I was once considering a move to BB because the cost of living was lower, maybe it's like everything else here, a mixed bag.

P.S. I just went to the BB Police Dept. website and began reading the crime report for last year and there was a significant increase in crime, well, well, well!
What are you talking about? I never hear about crime in Port Saint Lucie... In fact, all I hear about is how it's safe compared to South Florida! Fort Pierce and West Palm Beach are different stories, however....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
Is A1A boynton beach safe?
Yes... that is the wealthy section.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:19 PM

161 posts, read 468,821 times
LOL @ Port Saint Lucie having lots of crime. The only thing I ever heard out of that area was kids picking *mushrooms* off cow farms...lol

Old 09-26-2008, 03:24 PM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 436,367 times
actually port st lucie has alot of grow houses, drug warehouses, artillery houses, all kinds of **** for big time drug dealers.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:01 PM

1,770 posts, read 5,430,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny561 View Post
actually port st lucie has alot of grow houses, drug warehouses, artillery houses, all kinds of **** for big time drug dealers.
Yes, as the city has been growing there have been more reports of this type of activity going on. But even so, for the average civilian they have nothing to worry about in Port Saint Lucie. According to GreatPlaces.net it only has a 3.5 out of 10 in terms of crime Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed, link removed
and is one of the safest cities in the state. For a city its size it's especially safe.

Fort Pierce is the real area to worry about in St. Lucie County.

Last edited by Yac; 11-14-2008 at 05:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach