U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 05:15 PM

14,712 posts, read 16,293,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmronk View Post
Why would the Palm Beach Post front page help decide whether or not West Boynton was a nice place to live?

Last edited by TriMT7; 10-06-2008 at 05:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 07:48 PM

1,769 posts, read 5,663,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Why would the Palm Beach Post front page help decide whether or not West Boynton was a nice place to live?
Well, at least he can know if the newspaper is worth reading or not...

Old 10-07-2008, 01:35 PM

331 posts, read 800,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutelySweetMarie View Post
Boynton is pretty up and coming in certain areas. West Boynton (past the Turnpike) is growing like crazy, as is East Boynton (East of 95). There are a lot of big neighborhoods in highly lit areas off major roads (Boynton Beach Blvd, Congress, etc). Look by the mall maybe? I'm also thinking Gateway Blvd. However, like all areas of SoFla and anywhere really, there are some not so nice areas, but not really in Boynton. Delray is probably not as safe in some areas (I grew up there). Hope this helps... good luck!

Delray is a FINE place to live! I love it there. There are some patches here and there that you may or may not want to live in depending on your race and/or socio-economic status...but for the most part Delray is the perfect South Florida town, and it's just south of Boynton.

I don't know anything about West Boynton. But I do know that the areas off of Gateway Avenue are quite decent. They've just built the area up recently and it seems pretty nice. Personally I would stay away from residential areas off of Boynton Beach Blvd, but they're certainly nothing to sneeze at.

I think it's a well known fact that most of the nicer areas of South Florida are wayyy WEST of I-95...but for some people that might be an inconvenience. There are nice areas to be found around the I-95 area..I don't think you have much to worry about if you're living in Palm Beach County.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,698 times
I'm moving from NC to Boynton beach and I hear so much about Home invasions? Ok....live in a gated community but how about also legally owning a gun to protect yourself and also a DOG ! Not a poodle but a guard dog like a shepard. What about neighborhood crime watches? Neighbors need to stick together AND KNOW EACH OTHER ! This way you would know who doesn't look right in the neighborhood. Crooks "case" the homes and they drive-in, there not walking. I take my digital camera with me when I walk in my neighborhood and take a pictures of cars (and license plates) of ones that look suspicious. And I save them ALL.

The point is that Police and gated communities are good but they are NOT the only avenue of defense.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:52 PM

1,769 posts, read 5,663,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont1101 View Post
I take my digital camera with me when I walk in my neighborhood and take a pictures of cars (and license plates) of ones that look suspicious. And I save them ALL.

That type of behavior borders paranoia.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:22 AM

13,336 posts, read 13,372,050 times
The NICE areas of Boynton are WEST of I-95.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:42 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,097,287 times
the nice areas are plagued by the thieves coming from the east. Where do you think they go to do their crime ? Where the well to do people live...just a little west of where they live. THINK !

Old 03-13-2010, 08:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,819 times
Default Dog

The best way that we have found to live here is to have a huge dog. We live east in an "open" neighborhood for 7 years(30+years in the East Delray area-both areas so close to the ocean but sadly have open neighborhoods that have reputations for being "dangerous". We have noticed and been made aware of that a significant amount of home invasion-type crimes are Broward and West Palm Beach thugs.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,963 times
Boynton Beach has some very nice areas. Try to look in the newer developments around Jog. There are some very nice neighborhoods. You can search properties in Boynton Beach at www.statelandbrown.com. Stateland Brown is a licensed real estate company and has thousands of properties listed under the URL www.statelandbrown.com.
If you have any other questions I will be very happy to help. You can call me at 561 542 7338. My name is Dan Statlander

Old 03-31-2010, 09:57 PM

15 posts, read 27,031 times
I am from NY and I really think that all of florida is the same. There are shady areas everywhere in Florida and you go a mile and then it's nice. You just have to know where to live. If you are in a gated community you will feel safe.

Boynton has some really bad sections.....but also has very, very nice areas. Some of the posts are a bit over the top and if I didn't live in the area I would be PETRIFIED! West Boynton is very nice some communities are Canyon, Greystone, Equus, Isola Bella and there are some really nice communities in Lake Worth... Winston Trails, Smith Farm, Lake Charleston, just to name a few.

We are in Wellington....very safe, very far west (safer) and great schools. Can't go wrong here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach