Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 07:46 PM

6 posts, read 33,952 times

Advertisements

I'm a newly-single mom hoping to relocate from Broward to Palm Beach county. I'm looking for an affordable place to live near the FAU Boca Raton Campus. The maximum I could afford to pay monthly is $600.00. I have one child (7 yrs.) and a dog (5 yrs.). I understand that my chances of finding a place with the dog are slim but if I can find a place that our dog could live too, that would make us very happy. If anyone knows someone with a house or apartment and a big heart (preferable a female) who needs a little extra cash and a few roomates, please respond.

Thanks.

KC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 10:24 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,895,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAU student View Post
I'm a newly-single mom hoping to relocate from Broward to Palm Beach county. I'm looking for an affordable place to live near the FAU Boca Raton Campus. The maximum I could afford to pay monthly is $600.00. I have one child (7 yrs.) and a dog (5 yrs.). I understand that my chances of finding a place with the dog are slim but if I can find a place that our dog could live too, that would make us very happy. If anyone knows someone with a house or apartment and a big heart (preferable a female) who needs a little extra cash and a few roomates, please respond.

Thanks.

KC
If you live in Broward your best bet is to get in the car and take a look around. There are apartments within walking distance to the campus. Take Glades East to the first light past the FAU campus (I think it's 2nd but Im not positive) and make a left. There are tons of apartments there and there are many students living in that area. I don't think they cost under $600 but you can try.

Edited to add-I see that you are willing to have a roomate. I think you could do it for $600 if you had a roomate.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:52 PM

Thanks for your response. Yes, I'm more than happy to have a room mate, but I don't know where to find one. I'm hoping someone else who is also looking for a roomate might find this.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your response. Yes, I'm more than happy to have a room mate, but I don't know where to find one. I'm hoping someone else who is also looking for a roomate might find this.
Take a trip to the campus. There are usually postings for roomates on the bulletin boards. If you live in Broward it's not that far.

BTW-I am a student at FAU

Old 07-20-2008, 04:28 PM

Thanks. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I'm at that campus every Saturday. I will look around next week.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I'm at that campus every Saturday. I will look around next week.
I don't know what will be posted right now, the campus is pretty dead. I will be on campus Tuesday and if I see anything I will let you know.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:51 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,884,485 times
Yes you can afford it with a roomate. My son lived around there with roomates. Nice apt with a giant master....Dont forget Lynn University, too there are older students there especially from other countries. Perhaps more settled and wanting to live off campus.

Please be CAREFUL treat everyone with suspicion and if it's a kid, get the parent's information.....and the drivers license copied AND GET THEIR SIGNATURE ON THE LEASE. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a mature woman who isn't nuts, too.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:47 PM

713 posts, read 2,669,063 times
Post a shout out at the local churches in Boca. There are several around that area. Just specify that you need to be near FAU, what you can pay, smoking/no-smoking etc. You have a better chance of connecting w/a decent roomie at a church type organization (of your choice) esp. if you check backgrounds first with the congregation, pastor or cantor.

Another place that might yield some quality people are the University Commons across from the FAU campus on Glades. Lots of them hang at Whole Foods etc. and I believe they have a bulletin board there. Maybe someone who wants to room w/like-minded student will post or can be found there.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
I don't know what will be posted right now, the campus is pretty dead. I will be on campus Tuesday and if I see anything I will let you know.
Thanks. I truely appreciate it. I figure, the more I get the word out there, the better my chances are of finding what I am looking for. Having an extra set of eyes out there can only increase my chances of success.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Yes you can afford it with a roomate. My son lived around there with roomates. Nice apt with a giant master....Dont forget Lynn University, too there are older students there especially from other countries. Perhaps more settled and wanting to live off campus.

Please be CAREFUL treat everyone with suspicion and if it's a kid, get the parent's information.....and the drivers license copied AND GET THEIR SIGNATURE ON THE LEASE. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a mature woman who isn't nuts, too.
Thanks for the caution. I do feel kind of vulnerable as desperate as I am right now. I will definately keep your advise in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach