U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 09:00 PM

17,297 posts, read 25,691,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
TriMT7-

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem because you twisted my words around. I have lived in the area for most of my childhood and I know the neighborhoods inside out. I have also been there often recently. I am not sure where to begin disecting your responses. It seems you disagree just to disagree.
I don't care if you lived in the area as a child. In just the past ten years there have been major changes to the city... tens of thousands of more people live here than in the 1990s ... its better in some areas, probably worse in others.

(BTW, to show how you might not quite be "up on the times", I note in another thread you mention the Burt Reynolds Petting Zoo... that hasn't been around for 12 years...)

I disagree with you because you made blanket pronouncements about a pretty nuanced area. I tend to not like misinformation. It's cool that you want to help, but just as I am only a visitor to Ft. Lauderdale, I would never deign to start making pronouncements about what life is like there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan
I very clearly said Clematis is vibrant with you people and nightlife, but that the areas around Clematis street are a ghost town except during business hours. Clematis Street is a small strip that has a handful of nightclubs, bars, and restaurants. It runs maybe 2-3 blocks and then becomes desolate at night. As you walk more than 2 blocks any direction from Clematis Street it is also desolate.
... only that's not really true any more, especially south of Clematis on Olive, etc., connecting some of the high rise condos through to Clematis... and by the way, most downtown areas have a "main strip" of activity... including Las Olas, Lake Worth, and Delray Beach.

Quote:
Cityplace is located in a different area and does not connect with the Clematis Street area. From Cityplace north, the neighborhoods get very very bad. Tamarind Avenue is dangerous to drive through.
Yes. You're right. You have to walk TWO FULL BLOCKS to get from Cityplace to Clematis Street. And it's not like there's a free trolley connecting the two areas or anything.

Quote:
Pretty much the entire northern half of the city of West Palm Beach is bad. Then once you go further north you have Riviera Beach which is even worse!
I can agree with you there.

Quote:
You also imply that I think the south side of downtown is bad because of Hispanic people? Classic race card tactic. First, how do you know I am not Hispanic? 2nd, I have been to all of these areas. I pulled over to eat my lunch on the south side just off US1 and a Hooker was banging on my car window at 6AM. She tried ripping my door open.
The reading comprehension issue is yours. I NEVER stated the southside is bad. I stated some people are offput by the Hispanic neighborhood in the southside. I certainly don't care, because it's not a dangerous area.

And by the way, who eats lunch at 6AM, pulled over off the side of the road? Probably thought you were looking.

Quote:
The southern half of West Palm is not as bad as the northern half, but it just seedy.
Sorry, I live here everyday. Not as a visitor, not as a child. Now. I have friends who live in nice homes, with good neighbors, in the south side of the city.

Life in the southend isn't Dixie Highway. Even so, antiques row takes up a large portion of S. Dixie, and world renown by collectors and designers. Howleys, the skate park, Don Ramon, A rated elementary schools... yeah... JUST as seedy as the north end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 09:58 AM

37 posts, read 71,214 times
Default Hidden Harbour (Royal Palm Beach)

I've seen posted to send in places besides asking about what areas are better than others. Does anyone have any info on Hidden Harbour in Royal Palms? I am planning on moving from Ohio in the next 6 months and am trying to get an idea of where I would like to live. Thank you very much in advance for an responses.

Thanks,

Tony

Old 12-15-2011, 07:23 PM

261 posts, read 622,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyg535353 View Post
I've seen posted to send in places besides asking about what areas are better than others. Does anyone have any info on Hidden Harbour in Royal Palms? I am planning on moving from Ohio in the next 6 months and am trying to get an idea of where I would like to live. Thank you very much in advance for an responses.

Thanks,

Tony
Do you mean Royal Palm Beach? It's a nice area.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:21 AM

15 posts, read 38,179 times
You should be fine as long as you take time to research the areas. Stay away from Riveria Beach and downtown (except for City Place). There is a big gang problem in those areas. I have lived here for about 10 years and have never had a problem. I work at St. Mary's Hospital (in Riveria Beach) and commute about 15 miles south. It is not bad. There are also a lot of hospitals in the area. Check out Delray Beach!

Old 12-19-2011, 07:56 AM

2,091 posts, read 6,254,484 times
Wellington and Royal Palm Beach have far less crime then more populated areas, not to say that it doesn't exist though. It does everywhere. Also consider the Acreage close to Royal Palm. There are lots of homes for rent here, on 1 acre plus. The Acreage is where I live, close to Royal Palm Beach Blvd. Its an easy hop onto Okeechobee Blvd, the turnpike and 441/7, with the luxury of land, farmland (SO not snooty), yet close enough to all thats snooty if you're in the mood to put on your Denim and Diamonds. lol.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:59 AM

31 posts, read 51,642 times
How are the middle and upper schools in Wellington? I heard that the schools in Royal Palm are not very good.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,109 times
So, did you move down there after all? Do you like it? Is it safe? Are you happy in WPB or long gone?

Old 03-10-2012, 11:31 AM

2 posts, read 6,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
Some areas of Riviera Beach are a little scary. I live in Palm Beach Gardens and I commute to Riviera for work. I absolutely love my job but I'm not a fan of that area. Last Wednesday, I decided to venture out for lunch and I'm sitting at a stop light minding my own business and out of my peripheral vision, I see a homeless woman standing a couple inches away at my drivers side window. She was holding an empty Dunkin Donuts cup, knocked on my window and started shaking it at me. I freaked!! I couldn't believe it. No one else seemed to pay any attention but it really caught me off guard. The woman stared me down the entire time (and I couldnt drive away). All I could do was sit there and hope the light would change! It's terrible enough in the day, I can't IMAGINE what it's like after dark. I will say, however, that with 2 hospitals literally right down the street from each other and several drug treatment centers in the area, this would be a great place to work for those in the medical/counseling field (but I just wouldn't live there). Definitely check out the newer areas in West Palm Beach if you're set on moving that far south in the palm beaches.
Hi, I am moving to the WPB area in a few months and I see that you live in Palm Beach Gardens. I am looking at a community called Mediterranea in Palm Beach Gardens and I was wondering if you were familiar with it. Is it safe? It looks pretty close to Riviera Beach on the maps.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:51 PM

580 posts, read 861,843 times
Catgirl, don't be scared by the map. Anything in zip code 33410 goes from very safe to upscale (that's Palm Beach Gardens, eastern side). Also 33418 (west Palm Beach Gardens) and 33408 are fine. 33408 is North Palm Beach and the southern part of it borders lake Park and it is close to Riviera Beach. Nothing to be afraid of, but a little sketchy and probably not as pleasant to the eyes as PBG.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:07 PM

1,888 posts, read 7,146,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl40 View Post
Hi, I am moving to the WPB area in a few months and I see that you live in Palm Beach Gardens. I am looking at a community called Mediterranea in Palm Beach Gardens and I was wondering if you were familiar with it. Is it safe? It looks pretty close to Riviera Beach on the maps.
I'm not too familiar with the community. I'm way out west (past the turnpike near PGA/Mirasol). But according to what I googled, I do have some idea of where this community is situated. You are correct that it sits very close to the Riviera Beach border. I believe the true location is Riviera, however, I've noticed when a neighborhood is this close, they will typically list it as being in Palm Beach Gardens...(I can only guess why).

Well....to be honest with you- the prices are amazing. I wonder if there are alot of renters or section 8 tennants in the community? If you dig up some info on these communities located near Northlake and Congress Ave (in Riviera Beach), you'll see a lot homes that fit that profile. Some are actually gated communities, too.

I wouldn't discourage anyone from moving there because it depends on what you're looking for. If I have more of an idea of what you're willing to put up with, then I would give a yay or nay on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach