U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 03:26 AM

2 posts, read 3,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkearns View Post
Maybe I just freak out too easily but there are 3 storms out there that could very well hit our coast... I don't understand how anyone could live down here let alone want to move here! I just don't understand.. Is anyone else freaking out about these storms??
Yes....CONCERNED about Ike, i am trying to move to the Stuart area from Key West. Went through Hurricane Andrew in south Miami and know what hell comes in the aftermath, should you make it through the storm. Start your life all over. No dishes, silverware, towels, bed or linens, cleaning supplies, clothing for you or your children. Get the picture?
I still deal with post tramatic distress due to this storm and we are many years out of it.
Very worried about IKE and have good reason to be.
Luck to all this season. It only takes one to change your life forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 06:24 PM

923 posts, read 2,773,319 times
Tired of SFL --- The comparison of snowstorm vs hurricane. I guess first and foremost in a snowstorm without electricity its COLD, pipes freeze, cars don't start, etc. On a farm we had to milk 30 cows by hand and clean the barn shovel by shovel using a flashlight !! You can't leave your house because your - snowed in, and cold !!! And roofs cave in because of the weight of snow. Trust me I'm not making a deliberate comparison it just that I have done both many times and it just doesn't seem as bad when your warm.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:49 AM

2,903 posts, read 10,911,274 times
I try to make it a practice not to worry about things I have no control over.

Frank D.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:33 AM

246 posts, read 928,621 times
I am prepared but concerned. I am not to worried yet until it gets a little closer. My DH is in a wheelchair and don't have means to transport him so that gets me a little nervous. I find it is much easier for me to not watch the weather channel to much. I check a few times a day.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:51 AM

17,297 posts, read 25,642,559 times
Ok, now I'm starting to get a bit concerned, but am glad the trajectory has pushed a bit further South from earlier models, and a weaker storm than it was.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:33 AM

439 posts, read 1,569,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbaneAspects View Post
I know it sounds cruel but; I'd one day like to experience the eye of a hurricane during the day..i always gotten the outer bands or missed the eye by a few miles
I had the eye of Wilma over my place. It was interesting; however, I was mainly focused on getting my dog to take care of his business at the time.

I'm a lifelong native and that was the first time I'd ever had the eye pass over my location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach