U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 09:55 AM

1,555 posts, read 3,717,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Another little known West Palm Beach factoid is that West Palm Beach is actually world renown by the antique-set.
Great thing to bring up . . . and that's also right in the neighborhood of the Norton Museum of Art, which is well worth visiting, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 12:03 AM

442 posts, read 1,338,224 times
You can actually create an entire google map of your own on the website, which will pin point results all on one map..just a tip if you weren't already aware, thought this might be convenient for your project in the future when you get a list of all those places to see and things to do

Old 11-29-2008, 10:40 AM

17,297 posts, read 25,691,472 times
A yearly event that I recommend to everyone who wants to get out and see some of West Palm Beach's historic homes, get into the holiday spirit AND get some exercise is the annual Flamingo Park Holiday Home Tour.

This year, the tour is on Sunday, December 7, 2008, from 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM. Mark your calendar for a fun evening out.

http://www.historichometours.com/Documents/Tour/Tour67_mapgraph.jpg (broken link)

The public is invited to tour 9 beautifully appointed historic homes decorated for the holidays, followed by a homemade holiday dessert reception and candlelight concert at 8:15 p.m. Wine and food will be served in the homes. The Palm Beach Central High School’s Culinary Academy is preparing and serving the food for the tour guests. Carefree Catering will provide assistance to the student effort. Ragtop Motorcars and Café Carbucks will beverage stations at the Dessert Reception, and Total Wine & More (PBG Store) will sponsor wine at the event.

Flamingo Park is a neighborhood of historic homes, many in the Spanish Mission and Mediterranean Revival style, built during the 1920’s boom era. Neighborhood residents decorate their homes and yards with holiday lights for the night of the tour as judging for the annual Neighborhood Holiday Lighting Contest will also take place that evening.

One of the homes on the tour was originally built by the Comeau Family, who also built the Comeau Building, the city’s first “skyscraper” on Clematis Street in Downtown West Palm Beach. The Mediterranean style 1920s home at 701 Flamingo. Another tour home at 741 Sunset was recently featured on HGTV’s My House is Worth What?, and 743 Biscayne will be featured on this show on Jan. 23, 2009.

Tickets are $25 if purchased before December 1, $30 if purchased from Dec. 1-6, with a limited number of tickets available for $35 at the door. Tickets may be purchased online at ww.historichometours.com. Purchase two or more tickets online and receive a coupon for $5 off the Flamingo Park Create A Stir! cookbook, redeemable the evening of the Tour.

Ticket and tour map distribution will be in the 700 block of Claremore Drive, located five blocks north of Belvedere Road between Lake and Georgia avenues in West Palm Beach. The homes will be open from 4-8 p.m., followed by the holiday candlelight concert and homemade holiday cookies, beginning at 8:15 p.m., also in the 700 block of Claremore Drive.

Ticket outlets include West Palm Beach locations:

Ragtops Motors and Café Carbucks, 2119 S. Dixie Highway; the Armory Art Center, 1700 Parker Ave.; Belle and Maxwell’s, 3700 S. Dixie Highway;
The Pampered Pup, 119 Datura Street; and
Coldwell Banker Realty, 2500 S. Dixie Highway. I

In the north end, tickets may be purchased at The Jupiter Courier, 800 W. Indiantown Road, in Jupiter; The Pampered Pup, 4550 PGA Blvd in Palm Beach Gardens and Sam John’s Salon, 1150 Towncenter Drive in Abacoa in Jupiter.

In Lake Worth, tickets are on sale at The Pier Group, 9 North O Street. Three ticket outlets in Wellington include Sam John's Salons in the Wellington Courtyard, 13860-19 Wellington Trace and the Wellington Mall, as well as the Town Crier Newspaper, 12788 W Forest Hill Blvd.

Trolley service along the route will be available during tour. Remember to wear comfortable shoes and no high heels as they mar the wood floors. Also the tour is suitable for adults only – no children please.

Tour

More information: Flamingo Park

Old 11-29-2008, 12:52 PM

64 posts, read 157,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfSFL View Post
I may have been responsible for some of the negative comments but I know not everything is "bad", it's just that WPB is not AS GOOD as it used to be.

WPB is not as good as it used to be, huh? Yet people just don't want to believe it. For all the nonbelievers out there, go to YouTube, lookup and WATCH the video "Gangstas and Thugs," then tell me what you think.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aterrell9 View Post
WATCH the video "Gangstas and Thugs," then tell me what you think.

Hmm . . . well, I think it's not shot or edited very exceptionally (although I hate watching videos on YouTube because of the resolution and that might have contributed to that), it had very generic music, and it wasn't interesting. <shrug>

Is that one of your favorite videos/songs or something?

Old 11-29-2008, 08:14 PM

You watched the wrong one. Considering the post it was on, I figured that I did not have to explain to find the video related to WPB and the Gangstas and Thugs DVD. However, since you apparently thought I was talking about a music video, let me make it easy for you.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

1. Click on this link
2. Watch the CORRECT video
3. Then post a reply

Old 11-29-2008, 11:10 PM

668 posts, read 2,085,185 times
Cool thread, I've been lookin for somethin to do here since I came down here from Chicago to visit my mom.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:46 AM

Quote:
1. Click on this link
2. Watch the CORRECT video
3. Then post a reply
Just noting that I did this on the other thread.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:30 AM

Except for the whole watching the correct video part ;o)

Old 11-30-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Except for the whole watching the correct video part ;o)
Um, this morning at 7:11 a.m.?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/west-...ml#post6360275
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach