Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2009, 11:00 PM

202 posts, read 539,143 times

Advertisements

Anybody know about these communities? Good/bad/etc

Million dollar ?'s -
What do you think the market is for townhouses in these areas?
Should we wait?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 12:18 PM

Nobody?
Went back through past post and Grey Stone seemed hot in 2007, but wondering now?

Old 01-26-2009, 02:19 PM

162 posts, read 679,583 times
I've lived in both areas and I think Bexley is in a better location than Greystone. Depends on what you desire...I have two friends in Bexley and they seem to be happy. The problem I had with the area around Greystone is that it was surrounded with cookie cutter retiree developments. And its a bit of a drive to shopping, dining, etc. Bexley, being on Military, is closer to the amenities but is in an older area that is a bit run down in places. I think Greystone has better schools (not positive). If I were you I would rent for another year (both communities should have rentals available). The TH market continues to be saturated, and you're likely to find a better deal this time next year.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:34 PM

thanks, was thinking of holding out but have seen some good deals at both.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:37 PM

Keeping it alive one more time.

Any other input on these 2 communities?

Yes, prices have come down a little in just two months from the original post.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:55 PM

46 posts, read 166,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeb321 View Post
Keeping it alive one more time.

Any other input on these 2 communities?

Yes, prices have come down a little in just two months from the original post.
We own a home in GreyStone (married w/ 2 little girls). We have lived here for almost a year and we love it. It is a family community, my kids have made many friends and we have met some great people here, too. The elementary school is brand new and it is close enough to walk to (when it's not too hot!) The location is great for us - there aren't any junkie looking areas along Hagen Ranch Road & shopping is conveniently located. We are very happy and comfortable here.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:00 PM

Thanks for your info.

Have toured Greystone many times and keep coming back. I think the place is beautiful.

Was wondering if the townhouse residents are looked down upon within the community? I have never seen a community with 95% houses and a small little block of townhouses. They are supposed to finish the last area of townhouses by the end of year and might consider jumping on one.

If you don't mind me asking what are your taxes/hoi like?
What is the appraised value?

Trying to get an estimate of what I could pay.

Thanks

Old 04-15-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your info.

Have toured Greystone many times and keep coming back. I think the place is beautiful.

Was wondering if the townhouse residents are looked down upon within the community? I have never seen a community with 95% houses and a small little block of townhouses. They are supposed to finish the last area of townhouses by the end of year and might consider jumping on one.

If you don't mind me asking what are your taxes/hoi like?
What is the appraised value?

Trying to get an estimate of what I could pay.

Thanks
The townhomes are very nice. I think the largest townhome is actually bigger than the smallest single family home. I do believe the townhomes pay a higher maintenance fee than the single-family homes since they have their landscaping and I am assuming the exterior of the home maintained (paint, roofs, etc.) I really only know one family that lives in the townhomes and they are very nice people. I think choosing TH over single-family just depends on what suits your family best at the time. If I had to choose a large townhome over the smallest single-family I would still go w/ the single-family (for a comparable price). (BTW our first home was a TH so I'm not against them, just would pick a SFH given the choice between the two.)

The appraisal that was done on our home when we bought our house is no longer useful as we paid the fair market value when we bought, but the prices of the homes have plummeted. We have not received a tax bill yet. I think we will pay between $6,000 & $7,000.

Good luck to you!

Old 04-15-2009, 06:57 PM

Wow 6,000-7,000k !!!

Was the value around 400,000?

I think the tax rate is 1.64 ?

Old 04-15-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Wow 6,000-7,000k !!!

Was the value around 400,000?

I think the tax rate is 1.64 ?
Yes, that's about what we paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach