Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 08:21 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aterrell9 View Post
WPB is not as good as it used to be, huh? Yet people just don't want to believe it. For all the nonbelievers out there, go to YouTube, lookup and WATCH the video "Gangstas and Thugs," then tell me what you think.

Look, I'd appreciate it if you would not hijack this thread, OK? Are you trying to sell the Gangstas and Thugs DVD? It's old news. Only silly little kids who glorify guns and violence ever took it as something profound. Jesus, imagine if all of New York were judged by Harlem and the Bronx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Sorry, didn't mean to. But according to my friend Charlton Heston (goes by the screenname Tungsten), anybody can post anywhere.
I DO believe the TOS asks that people remain on topic, however.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:14 AM

64 posts, read 176,695 times
Yep. And if the post before me said that WPB is not as good as it used to be, my comment WAS on topic.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Yep. And if the post before me said that WPB is not as good as it used to be, my comment WAS on topic.
No. You responded to an off-topic post to begin with, thus continuing to frustrate the purpose of the thread, which is to show residents and visitors things to do in the Palm Beaches.

If you'd like to explore YOUR topic further, may I suggest you start a new thread, and post WHY you think West Palm was better "back then" but is no longer as good as the supposed "good ole days."

----------------------------------------------

Until then: HOLIDAY HOME TOUR IN FLAMINGO PARK, DECEMBER 7, 2008. Discuss, or discuss other events and things to do in West Palm Beach.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:20 PM

As a corrolary to the above (to anyone who may have attended, it was a smashing success, with hundreds of visitors)... West Palm Beach has been sneaking into some of the HGTV shows. Check out your listings, and you may see West Palm Beach homes and neighborhoods featured on "My House is Worth What" and "If These Walls Could Talk."

Homes from the Flamingo Park, Northwood, and Vedado historic neighborhoods have all been featured on "My House is What Worth" the past couple of months. A Flamingo Park Home, nicknamed "The Tile House" has also been featured on "If These Walls Could Talk."

Old 04-09-2009, 06:51 AM

The downtown Pier and boat docks is now open! Check it out!

$8 million, 444-foot-long pier opens this morning in West Palm Beach downtown (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2009/04/09/0409wpbdocks.html - broken link)

Old 04-09-2009, 09:56 AM

162 posts, read 679,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The downtown Pier and boat docks is now open! Check it out!

$8 million, 444-foot-long pier opens this morning in West Palm Beach downtown (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2009/04/09/0409wpbdocks.html - broken link)
Snuck out on the piers last week over lunch and they look great. My only concern is that there are no rails, and I have a feeling there will be some wet folks after a late night on the town.. Can't wait for the old library to get taken down.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:56 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
Great thread, I would love to move there! So much to do! I love those historic homes too! Sooooo charming!

Old 04-09-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native51 View Post
Snuck out on the piers last week over lunch and they look great. My only concern is that there are no rails, and I have a feeling there will be some wet folks after a late night on the town.. Can't wait for the old library to get taken down.
I know, it will really transform the feel of the area. Still not sure how I feel about the closing of two lanes on Flagler though!!

I often hate reading ANY development news on the Palm Beach Post....I always see things in a positive light, but reading the comments, sometimes it seems that nobody wants to see any progress or development in West Palm Beach and are LOOKING for things to fail in PBC. (then again, it could be like City Data, where the most grumpy and grouchy often have the loudest opinions, while everyone else goes about their lives without feeling the need to complain!)

Old 04-09-2009, 03:02 PM

162 posts, read 679,684 times
Quote:
I often hate reading ANY development news on the Palm Beach Post....I always see things in a positive light, but reading the comments, sometimes it seems that nobody wants to see any progress or development in West Palm Beach and are LOOKING for things to fail in PBC. (then again, it could be like City Data, where the most grumpy and grouchy often have the loudest opinions, while everyone else goes about their lives without feeling the need to complain!)
I think that's the case. I see the same thing when I read the Neighborhood Post insert on Thursday mornings. Lots of bitching and whining about really small stuff. Guess some folks need to vent, and the anonymity of the internet is the perfect venue.

Some people tend to paint development of any type as bad. I'm certainly not a big fan of the westward sprawl, but the redevelopment of many downtown areas in PBC has been wonderful. I remember downtown WPB, Lake Worth and Delray in the late 80's and early 90's. Not particularly fun places to hang out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach