U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 03:28 PM

98 posts, read 362,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
City Pizza is still my favorite, lol.

Have you tried "Hot Pie Pizza" downtown on Olive near Clematis? I want to try it soon.

Give Ambrosia a try on S. Dixie just south of Okeechobee Blvd. Very eclectic place popular with locals.
haha!! I haven't tried the hot pie joint yet - will put it on the list. I'm not sure if I my experience started on the wrong foot with CP b/c of the no-delivery and high price ... but the first bite of pizza reminded me of Chuck E Cheese pizza as a kid!

If you haven't tried pizza de romo on Dixie - right next to that awful "mexican" restaurant: moctezuma - you need to give it a shot. Simple 1 -2 topping pizza ... or try their stromboli. It's magical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 04:35 PM

466 posts, read 759,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSmith View Post
haha!! I haven't tried the hot pie joint yet - will put it on the list. I'm not sure if I my experience started on the wrong foot with CP b/c of the no-delivery and high price ... but the first bite of pizza reminded me of Chuck E Cheese pizza as a kid!

If you haven't tried pizza de romo on Dixie - right next to that awful "mexican" restaurant: moctezuma - you need to give it a shot. Simple 1 -2 topping pizza ... or try their stromboli. It's magical.

I agree. Pizza De Roma is great. My wife who is Italian from NYC likes City Pizza...... go figure

Old 08-21-2009, 03:37 AM

16,399 posts, read 13,115,210 times
Pizza De Roma - great, yes it is!

Old 08-22-2009, 09:11 PM

296 posts, read 539,023 times
Pizza Luna in downtown WPB>

Old 08-23-2009, 06:24 AM

466 posts, read 759,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graterdaze View Post
Pizza Luna in downtown WPB>

I think this pizza is more like New York Pizza than any other pizza outside the 5 Boroughs

Old 03-23-2010, 01:37 PM

141 posts, read 405,954 times
I'm bringing pizza back!

Was going to start a new thread but saw this one already established.

I am a life time NYC resident (still am, bought a winter home in palm beach gardens)

I grew up in brooklyn and on pizza so I know what great pizza tastes like. I have tried many places in palm beach gardens, jupiter and west palm beach. All the so called NYC style pizzerias were not that great at all. It's not in the water. Not all NYC pizza is great, there is just so much competition, there are some great ones that stand out and those are the ones that survive a long time.

Anyway, I saw someone on here post that there favorite pizza was vinnys in Jupiter on indiantown.

The wife and I tried it and yep...its great. If it was in bensonhurst (where I also live) I would still eat there. I live walking distance to some of the greatest pizzerias in NYC (L&B, pinos, Lennys etc). If you want a taste of NY pizza...try this place.

By the way, Vinnys claims to be real new york pizza, but they are from long island new york. Brooklyn is the real new york! haha. Either way...great pizza

Old 03-23-2010, 01:46 PM

98 posts, read 362,222 times
I'll bring it back to!

Just tried Lake Worth Pizza in ... eerrr... Lake Worth. I must admit - it was surprisingly good. My wife is a New Yorker and she approved. She wasn't sure about ranking it over Pizza De Roma - though she said it was a very close race.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:13 PM

I tried city pizza in city place. The pizza was just ok...and thats only compared to other florida pizza joints. I was offended at their sorry excuse of a garlic knot. It had no garlic on it, it was not in a knot, and it was cold! It should have said "bread" on the menu, not garlic knots.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:22 PM

7,930 posts, read 17,803,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinked View Post
I'm bringing pizza back!

Was going to start a new thread but saw this one already established.

I am a life time NYC resident (still am, bought a winter home in palm beach gardens)

I grew up in brooklyn and on pizza so I know what great pizza tastes like. I have tried many places in palm beach gardens, jupiter and west palm beach. All the so called NYC style pizzerias were not that great at all. It's not in the water. Not all NYC pizza is great, there is just so much competition, there are some great ones that stand out and those are the ones that survive a long time.

Anyway, I saw someone on here post that there favorite pizza was vinnys in Jupiter on indiantown.

The wife and I tried it and yep...its great. If it was in bensonhurst (where I also live) I would still eat there. I live walking distance to some of the greatest pizzerias in NYC (L&B, pinos, Lennys etc). If you want a taste of NY pizza...try this place.

By the way, Vinnys claims to be real new york pizza, but they are from long island new york. Brooklyn is the real new york! haha. Either way...great pizza
L&B NOW YOUR TALKING SPUMONI its been a long time....yummmmm we have found good pizza here in boca but not like brooklyn..lol

Lenny's was AWESOME too...

Old 03-23-2010, 02:41 PM

TBH, I am not at all a fan of Lenny's. Too expensive, too thin crust. I really like bad boys on 23rd ave and 86 street, plus they have monstrous size chicken rolls! My 2 favs in that area are Pino's and bad boys. I grea up in williamsburg brooklyn and carmines was the number 1 spot. Cono's as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach