U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 03:13 PM

7,930 posts, read 17,797,641 times

Advertisements

grew up in Sheepshead Bay/Graves End

We had a few great pizza places, but L&B was one our favorites...we tried it about 4 years ago and it wasnt the same as when we grew up as the sauce tasted a bit different
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 03:18 PM

141 posts, read 405,839 times
i moved to bhurst only 3 years ago, I tried LB and did not think it was all that great. These places let their reputations get the best of them and then reduce quality

Old 04-11-2010, 11:50 AM

2,209 posts, read 6,915,601 times
We are going back to the east coast next week for a few days to look at real estate ( West Boca, Boca, Lake Worth, Port St Lucie ), because of the near total lack of anything in terms of food here on the west coast where we live.

Threads like this one motivate me to drive there just a little faster. Thank you.

NJ pizza rules

Old 04-11-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
We are going back to the east coast next week for a few days to look at real estate ( West Boca, Boca, Lake Worth, Port St Lucie ), because of the near total lack of anything in terms of food here on the west coast where we live.

Threads like this one motivate me to drive there just a little faster. Thank you.

NJ pizza rules
We have 2 pizza places that are delicious...1 in boca called Sal's and another one in Coconut Creek called Scarfone's which has thin crust fresh mozzerella cheese and the best sauce around...its Coal Fired and DELICIOUS

Old 04-11-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
We have 2 pizza places that are delicious...1 in boca called Sal's and another one in Coconut Creek called Scarfone's which has thin crust fresh mozzerella cheese and the best sauce around...its Coal Fired and DELICIOUS
I lived for almost half my life ( I'm now mid 50's ) between Ft Lauderdale, then West Boca, then Wellington and I complained most of the time about the lack of good pizza. There was a place in Mission Bay that was pretty good pizza but still not what we grew up with of course. Lots of people say it's the water. Ditto on Bagels or lack thereof. Remember salt sticks? Ummmm.

Then I was sentenced, er moved to the west coast. Port Charlotte. I have pizza fedexed in from Brooklyn. It's better than ANYTHING here. Called Rocco's at newyorkfirst, some kind of mail order whoozie that offers a variety of "tings" from the old homeland.

You wouldn't believe it on the west coast and how bad it is. I'm not looking for sympathy but thank G-D for FEDEX!

Now to get close to northern pizza, fresh from the oven, thin so you HAVE to use 2 hands, with the oil running down, AND be in Florida?

Jeesh, that would be close to heaven haha.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
I lived for almost half my life ( I'm now mid 50's ) between Ft Lauderdale, then West Boca, then Wellington and I complained most of the time about the lack of good pizza. There was a place in Mission Bay that was pretty good pizza but still not what we grew up with of course. Lots of people say it's the water. Ditto on Bagels or lack thereof. Remember salt sticks? Ummmm.

Then I was sentenced, er moved to the west coast. Port Charlotte. I have pizza fedexed in from Brooklyn. It's better than ANYTHING here. Called Rocco's at newyorkfirst, some kind of mail order whoozie that offers a variety of "tings" from the old homeland.

You wouldn't believe it on the west coast and how bad it is. I'm not looking for sympathy but thank G-D for FEDEX!

Now to get close to northern pizza, fresh from the oven, thin so you HAVE to use 2 hands, with the oil running down, AND be in Florida?

Jeesh, that would be close to heaven haha.
Very funny...LOL

humm so I can fedx pizza from NY??? lol

Old 04-11-2010, 10:40 PM

Hahaha yup, Rocco's in B'klyn

Old 04-14-2010, 08:00 AM

467 posts, read 1,350,635 times
Someone told me about "Tucci's" in Boca Raton.....on Federal Highway....not sure exactly where...anyway they are supposed to have very very good pizza....sounds like Anthony's coal fired to me. kind of the same menu, pizza, salads and wings...Haven't tried it yet, but intend to. Mr. Tudo,
they opened up "Brooklyn Bagels" on Military Trail in Delray Beach between Lake Ida and Atlantic Ave.
the Best bagels I have had in Fl....Crisp on the outside...

Old 04-17-2010, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,305 times
Hands down, the best New York style pizze in SE Florida is Pizza Time in Coral Springs off West Sample Road, close to the Sawgrass. It has a sweet sauce which I love. Try the fresh tomato with the sauce on top.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:29 PM

Yum will definitely try it..we love sweet sauce
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach