U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 06:16 PM

552 posts, read 447,062 times

Advertisements

^^^ LOL you can find better pizza than DiGorno down here, lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 03:31 PM

98 posts, read 361,646 times
I am obsessed with pizza. I have tried: Pizza Mambo, Pizza De Roma, Basilcos (sp?), Bellacinos, and 2 other shops on south side of Okeechobee between Jog and Military (forgot names).

Pizza Mambo is good. I use them for delivery.

Basilico's in Wellington: have only had the stuffed pizza slices, of which the Italian Combo slice was spectacular. The sesame seeds on the crust are a nice touch as well.

Bellacino's is a franchise sandwich chain that also makes a decent pizza. Their taco pizza is a guilty pleasure ... especially with an extra 10 bottles of hot sauce poured on top.

The two spots on Okeechobee were forgettable

The winner: Pizza De Roma on Dixie Hwy between Southern and Forest Hill. This pizza is frakkin' magic. Wonderful wonderful wonderful thin crust. The toppings are fresh, sauce not too acidic, just the absolute best pizza I have found in my short time here (but extensive pizza research). Only caveat: don't have them deliver. It never works out. Call them up and pick it up yourself. I learned this the hard way, multiple times.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:04 PM

580 posts, read 861,843 times
I don't know if Basilico's is "NY style pizza", but if definitely is the best place in PBC for pizza. Try the real italian style specialties, don't limit yourself to pepperoni. The pizza Capricciosa is great especially if you add to it a little olive oil and crushed red pepper.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:35 PM

41 posts, read 159,513 times
Whatever you do don't try Anthony's coal fired in Delray(don't know if they are all the same though). Pizza sucked big-time. BVery dissapointed, stuff was burnt to a crisp

Old 07-17-2009, 07:46 PM

467 posts, read 1,349,888 times
Wow, Surfalot, I'm surprised to hear that..I've been there quite a few times and the pizza was great.
but then I like it crisp. Their stromboli's are very good...sorry you had a bad experience.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:23 AM

90 posts, read 199,180 times
I'm not sure you'll find anything comparable to the best in NY, but that's true of just about any other city in the US. Nothing compares to NY pizza! That said, City Pizza in City Place is pretty good I think.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:18 AM

1,683 posts, read 3,687,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfalot View Post
Whatever you do don't try Anthony's coal fired in Delray(don't know if they are all the same though). Pizza sucked big-time. BVery dissapointed, stuff was burnt to a crisp
its supposed to be slightly burnt. I really like the pizza here as well. I'd like to find a good deep dish pizza place coming from the midwest.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:36 AM

16,397 posts, read 13,093,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle1988 View Post
I'm not sure you'll find anything comparable to the best in NY, but that's true of just about any other city in the US. Nothing compares to NY pizza! That said, City Pizza in City Place is pretty good I think.
Oh horse hockey. There's plenty of pizza everywhere that's just as good or better than "NY pizza". That's a silly, old and worn out argument.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post
I'm not back in Florida yet, so I can't tell you what my favorite pizza places there are going to be, but I just wanted to say that not every place in the New York City area has great pizza, either. Different Italian/pizza restaurants tend to have different things they do well (if anything). Some have better pepperoni rolls or knots, some have great calzones, etc. Unfortunately a couple of my favorite places for pizza in and around New York City aren't around any longer . . . I have no doubt that there will be a similar span of quality and specialties in Palm Beach County, including some great pizza places.
i'v been living in lantana for 18 yrs. its just north of boynton beach.5 miles. and i m a picky pizza eater.not just a pepperony guy. but if you are looking for great pizza go to lantana pizza. and you can always count on them after a hurrican that there lights are on and serving. they are across the street from the cop shop. and there going to have power first after a storm

Old 07-26-2009, 03:49 PM

593 posts, read 1,643,304 times
de generros? at commercial and a1a, actually on a1a just south of commercial is the best pizza i have had in florida

but it wasn't as good as new jersey train stations or amsterdam by the slice on the dam. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach