Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 11:14 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,148,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInFL View Post
Charlotte is the most crime ridden city in NC. I think we all would agree. There are places in FL that make Charlotte look like a walk in the park. I know Charlotte very well, I would walk around CLt at night without fear. I cannot say the same for areas in Orlando, Tampa, Miami, and other places like Opa Locka, Riviera Bch, etc... which are TINY compared to CLT.
Just curious why you keep using the airport abbreviation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 11:32 AM

727 posts, read 1,836,293 times
CLT just like "MIA" or "ORL"... it is easier to write than "Charlotte". I dont think its necessarily the airport's abbreviation, but it is an abbreviation that perhaps the airport uses.

It is quite subjective in it's entirety, yet one musn't be subjective unless called upon by the subjector, hence the subjectiveness is really quite subjective.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:04 PM

1,555 posts, read 4,148,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInFL View Post
CLT just like "MIA" or "ORL"... it is easier to write than "Charlotte". I dont think its necessarily the airport's abbreviation, but it is an abbreviation that perhaps the airport uses.
You'd say you independently came up with CLT, and the airport just happens to use it too?
Quote:
It is quite subjective in it's entirety, yet one musn't be subjective unless called upon by the subjector, hence the subjectiveness is really quite subjective.
LOL . . . no wonder we're having such problems.

Again, just ask if you do not understand something. You can do it in a private message and I'll keep it in confidence.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:10 PM

727 posts, read 1,836,293 times
The subjective part was just a little tirade... I liked it. I guess that's my NC college education coming out... I guess I shoulda stayed at Valencia (pronounced "Balencia").

I dont know who came up with the CLT abbreviation.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:37 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,530,555 times
Let's get this thread back on topic.......Boca Raton being like NYC south.....

Let's keep the Carolinas with the N & S Carolina state forums.

If this thread has run it's course, then so be it.

Frank D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach