Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 10:57 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,142,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny561 View Post
And ill take you up on that wager. I guarantee that if you walk up to anybody in lake worth with gold teeth and dreads and tell em lake worth aint hard your not gonna be walkin away.
Okay, how much money do you want to put down on that? I suppose I should videotape the event for documentation (unless you want to accompany me, but since you seem to be fearing that violence will occur, you might not want to do that). Of course, I can't do it until I'm back there full time, but that shouldn't take long. Depending on how much money you want to put down on it, AND under the condition that we set this up so that the money is effectively in escrow prior to the event (I want to make sure that I get paid), I'd definitely be up for that. Are there any additional conditions you'd like to set, or can it be just any person with dreadlocks, at least some gold teeth, within the city limits of Lake Worth?
Quote:
theres nothing to do in these cities. unless you got money and even then there aint much to do.
I'm not sure what cities you're referring to--I might agree for a couple that there isn't much to do outside of someone's home except go for a walk or something (as some cities are pretty much just suburbs, not even many stores, etc.), but I certainly do not agree with that if you mean for Palm Beach County overall.
Quote:
they smoke weed. they drink.
I smoked weed and drank occasionally as a juvenile, but I also had money and jobs.
Quote:
you ask some of these kids what they like to do. theyll tell you. bust sales, smoke weed, rob people. they dont say, i like to play football, i like to go to the movies, i like to listen to music. nah thats not gonna be there answer.
I would agree that some people would say that. Some people would say just about anything, I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 11:03 AM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 792,145 times
i said i put a hundred on it. and ill be there cuz i know everybody in lake worth. especially on 7th ave. ima take you ta sunset let you walk to the bottom pavillion and tell them boys lake worth aint hard. they no me they dont know you

Old 11-27-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
no i dont. why would i need to prove to some yank from jersey that palm beach county is bad. why do i need to prove it to you when i know it for a fact.
I'm not from Jersey. That's where I'm living now. People can actually live in different places over the course of their lives, and even live in multiple locations "at the same time" (that is, have various dwellings that they travel back and forth to over the course of a year, say). Anyway, if you believe that it's a fact, that's fine. I'm just pointing out that you're not doing anything you'd have to do to establish it as a fact, so that the comments should have any relevance to anyone else.
Quote:
and whats up with the wager. i put a hundo down on it.
Okay, sounds good. No other conditions?

What do you want as documentation, and what is going to function as escrow? I'd have to see proof of the money in escrow (or with a bookie (who'd need a comission), or whatever) first. It doesn't need to happen immediately though, as we haven't closed on our house yet.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
i said i put a hundred on it. and ill be there cuz i know everybody in lake worth. especially on 7th ave. ima take you ta sunset let you walk to the bottom pavillion and tell them boys lake worth aint hard. they no me they dont know you
You'd like to have a condition that it has to be a person that you know? Your initial claim wasn't "if you walk up to this guy I know and I have this set up beforehand . . ."

Is that what you're changing it to?

Also, we should clarify what you're claiming will happen if I say, "Lake Worth ain't hard".

By the way, we'd need to have the complete terms in writing--all the conditions we're agreeing on, what's to count as documentation, etc. in addition to the escrow.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:13 AM

anybody with dreads an gold teeth on 7th or 8th or 15th or 16th i know. which is what i said in the beginning. i dont do all this writing bull****. we do street deals where im from. if a ***** shake on it its official

Old 11-27-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
i dont do all this writing bull****. we do street deals where im from. if a ***** shake on it its official
That the terms have to be in writing isn't negotiable, and neither is that the money has to (effectively) be in escrow with a disinterested third party (who will then award the money according to whoever won per the written terms). That's the conditions I set for any bet like this with someone I do not know, as it protects me from wasting my time.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:28 AM

well **** it then. youre obviously not from the street cuz nobody does **** like that round here homeboy

Old 11-27-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post
I'm not from Jersey. That's where I'm living now. People can actually live in different places over the course of their lives, and even live in multiple locations "at the same time" (that is, have various dwellings that they travel back and forth to over the course of a year, say). Anyway, if you believe that it's a fact, that's fine. I'm just pointing out that you're not doing anything you'd have to do to establish it as a fact, so that the comments should have any relevance to anyone else. Okay, sounds good. No other conditions?

What do you want as documentation, and what is going to function as escrow? I'd have to see proof of the money in escrow (or with a bookie (who'd need a comission), or whatever) first. It doesn't need to happen immediately though, as we haven't closed on our house yet.
the crime statistics establish it as a fact that palm beach county has high crime. the unemployment levels in palm beach county establish it as fact. the the number of people under the poverty level establish it as a fact.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
well **** it then. youre obviously not from the street cuz nobody does **** like that round here homeboy
LOL.

Among the things we can now conclude are that:
(1) You do not have enough confidence in your claim to put some meat behind it,
(2) You probably have little experience with making deals of any sort outside of a very close circle of friends, which does not say much for the scope of your experiences from which you could make pertinent generalizations for others,
(3) You hinge a view that Palm Beach County is unsafe on putative personal anecdotes (with a stress on putative), except as noted above, we can probably infer that you've had a relatively narrow scope of experiences, and you consider yourself to be "from the streets", as if most folks on City-Data wondering if an area is going to be safe for them would consider themselves "from the streets", and be wondering whether for such a person, an area is likely to be safe.

I would agree, and have stated before, that places are far likelier to be unsafe for someone if they're going to be drug trafficking, or doing business with/hanging around with a drug traffickers, if they're a member of a gang, etc. It doesn't take much between the ears to figure that out.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
the crime statistics establish it as a fact that palm beach county has high crime.
Well, according to those statistics, at least, or assuming they're accurate relative to other crime statistics, sure. But that's tautologous, isn't it? In other words, it's really just saying the same thing twice. What folks want to know, however, is whether they and their loved ones are likely to be safe, and crime statistics do not tell them anything about that, since no, it's not analogous to it being a lottery where each person is holding a unique lottery number with an equal chance of being called.
Quote:
the unemployment levels in palm beach county establish it as fact.
The unemployment levels in any given place establish as a fact the number of people who have filed for and are receiving unemployment benefits versus how many employees there are in that area per tax documentation filed with the government.
Quote:
the the number of people under the poverty level establish it as a fact.
And income statistics are about income reported to the government.

None of this tells anyone how likely they are to be safe anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach