U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 03:46 PM

2 posts, read 5,675 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to WPB from Philadelphia in a few months. Iam bothered that therapy services as well as schools are not covered by medicaid. Here in PA its law that mental health be covered by medicaid, but that doesn't seem to be the case in Florida, why? I'm very fustrated because I'm fing that medicaid in Florida don't cover a lot of the things we have here in Philly. Also as far as the schools in Florida you have to PAY for special needs schools where here its a matter of applying...it almost seems to me that the children there are being short changed if they rely on medicaid for $edical benefits . Has anyone experienced this?

Last edited by 88keyz; 01-15-2009 at 05:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 03:19 PM

23 posts, read 91,967 times
You find it strange that YOU are expected to pay for YOUR child's medical care and not rely on the (rest of us) welfare system to supplement YOUR wants?

Who do you think pays for Medicare/Medicaid? Doctors take a cut in pay for treatment and the taxpayers pick up the rest of YOUR tab. And you wonder why no one wants to treat your child for free. Do you work? Probably Not; but if you did, would you expect to get paid?

If you are getting free services in your area, maybe You should stay in your area.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:33 AM

2 posts, read 5,675 times
Well, for your info I do work and have an excellent career and I make excellent $$..thank you, however I was inquiring about medicaid in Fl, because here in PA, its a blessing to have the services offered and I'm finding in FL there are none or very little that's offered. FYI, I am a tax payer and home owner(I even own a condo in Orlando, in which my taxing paying dollar is also assisting FL medicaid also), and no I'm not looking for a free ride or for the tax payers of FL to foot my sons medical bills, but I do think it sad that the state doesn't offer medicaid or any assistance for the children there, ha only if there parents make the minimal(who can live on that?!) shame on FL!! Shame on you for your nasty comments!! So again my question was simply a question, because I wanted to know, and after doing my research now I want to know why not!!!

Old 01-30-2009, 07:48 AM

89 posts, read 267,477 times
That is the rudest most disgusting comment I have read. You should keep those nasty opinions to yourself. Not everyone can afford medical insurance. Try CMS Network Children's Medical Services - Home Page, Healthy Palm Beaches Healthy Palm Beaches and the Health Care District of Pam Beach County Health Care District of Palm Beach County : Home. I understand how you feel because we are just barely making ends meet and I have not seen an MD or Dentist in over three years because I cannot afford insurance. I am glad I am able to have Medicaid for my children.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:37 PM

207 posts, read 833,340 times
I pay a LOT of money for my health/dental/mental health insurance coverage. Why shouldn't everyone else?

Old 01-30-2009, 06:41 PM

89 posts, read 267,477 times
Let me ask you...if you didn't have enough money left after you paid all of your bills such as mortgage and utilities and didn't have any left until you get paid the next week, how would you expect to pay for medical insurance. Maybe you make enough to do that, or your employer pays a portion, but there are people out there that do not make enough money and even though their spouse has insurance through their employer, it costs over $500.00 just to ad you on, but you cannot do that, because if you cannot afford to pay for your mortgage and untilities after that, then you would be homeless. So, like I did, I had to make the choice of keeping a roof over my kids head and food on the table and didn't take medical insurance out for that reason.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:10 PM

2,903 posts, read 10,951,887 times
As we all know, health care is a major problem in our country. Many good people who try hard and work hard still go without.

Let's return to the original poster's question. What programs are available in the WPB area, and what does Florida have for health care programs for children, etc.

Frank D.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:09 AM

2,143 posts, read 7,199,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.MD View Post
You find it strange that YOU are expected to pay for YOUR child's medical care and not rely on the (rest of us) welfare system to supplement YOUR wants?

Who do you think pays for Medicare/Medicaid? Doctors take a cut in pay for treatment and the taxpayers pick up the rest of YOUR tab. And you wonder why no one wants to treat your child for free. Do you work? Probably Not; but if you did, would you expect to get paid?

If you are getting free services in your area, maybe You should stay in your area.
I agree. We don't need the government to pay for more services. The government should not be paying any of this.

And to the OP, can't you call medicaid and find out who they use? They must have a list.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:57 AM

3,048 posts, read 6,585,084 times
I don't know as I have self insurance and it does not cover mental treatment. Anyhow some I found will work on a sliding scale depending on your income so that may be something to look into. Also like others said you should call the insurance company and make sure you have coverage that will apply in a different state. I am not familiar with medicaid but I thought if you move to another state after 6 months or something you need to file in that state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach