Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:51 PM

4 posts, read 30,292 times

Advertisements

can anyone please recommend the best daycare program for a 2 year old girl. Looking for strucure and high quality facilities. If possible also webcam programs to see my tot would be great. Please help. Frustrated searching. would love feedback. already read the responses on similar thread. was not helpful. need more detailed feedback. We are in delray beach but would consider any excellent program in west palm beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 10,508 times
i am in the same boat as a father of a soon to be two. Have you been successful? I am in the delray area and plan on visiting la petite academy today in delray today. What have you found thus far. [email]cfpfitness@msn.com[/email] or 561-729-6872 Cham Pierre

Old 02-25-2009, 12:16 PM

368 posts, read 928,705 times
Smile if you're willing to travel away from Delray by 10 minutes...

I **highly** recommend Busy Bees in Boca Raton. Mrs. Harvinder is an excellent director, eager to speak with parents about their child's development, and it's such a warm environment (and easy on the pocketbook given the area). The Learning Center Preschool in Boca is also ok - we left because a change in directorship threw the school into a tizzy for awhile but supposedly in recent months, it has gotten really good again.

If money is no object and if you're willing to travel a little further, Discovery Preschool in Boca Raton also highly recommended.

I myself am looking to find quality infant daycare since I'm pregnant with my 2nd child. There seems to be plentiful daycares for 18 mos - 2 year olds in Delray and Boca, but infant day care, not so much. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:08 AM

282 posts, read 806,696 times
Anyone mind sharing the average cost of daycare for pre-schoolers in the PB area?

Old 02-28-2009, 08:55 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,629,809 times
Beginnings Pre-School - Our Programs

My now 16yo went here from 2-5. It was a wonderful experience for both him and I. They are very professional, caring and the interesting thing too was that they keep each child's last name confidential. They referred to the children with their first name and last name initial like "Katie T.". I remember once I asked for a list of my son's classmates first and last names so I could invite them to his bday party and was informed that they couldn't accomodate that due to confidentiality. This is a good thing nowadays. This preschool has a beautiful sprawling acreage too not like some preschools around with teeny tiny play yards backed up to busy highways! Believe me, this is true.

Pine trees all over too...which I am fond of. I am huge advocate for outdoor play.

Compared to Delray and WPB, it's centrally located in between the two. Off of Lantana Road a bit east near Military Trail.

Someone recommended some in Boca, which is south of Delray. I don't know their prices, but basically anything in Boca is overpriced. IMO anyway.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent.

Here's another link too for when your child turns 4 (pre-kindergarten year)...FL now has a program called VPK. It's 'free' and more accelerated, real-school type environment to get them ready for Kindergarten. I think it's half-days but you can pay extra for aftercare.

Early Learning/Prekindergarten

For CAPO, I am not 100% about preschool prices nowadays but I'd say count on atleast $100/week.

HTH.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:31 AM

10 posts, read 61,809 times
I'd recommend Little Friends on Military in Delray.

I paid $165 for my daughter. The younger the child, the more expensive it is.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:57 AM

368 posts, read 928,705 times
Default infant day cares anyone (secular)?

I'm seeing a lot of great recommendations for preschools, and although I'm not opposed to sending my infant to a Christian daycare/preschool, I'd feel like a hypocrite since I'm not Christian. Can anyone recommend a non-denominational nursery since I'm due in October? We're actually moving from Delray to Wellington in the next few months, so anything closer to Wellington area would be better for us.

Thanks!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:26 PM

4 posts, read 30,292 times
i love Little Friends in Delray Beach! It is highly recommended by my neighbors and others. Unfortunatley, the 2 year old class is full and our tot is on their wating list there. They recommeded Kidstop in Boynton beach. Our daughter started there last week and loves it so far. Both little friends and kisdtop have an infant area as well. hope this helps.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:33 AM

10 posts, read 61,809 times
I sent my daughter to Kidstop for Pre-K (after attending Little Friends since she was 2).

It's a GREAT school. I love it. It's a little more pricey than Little Friends. LF did have a Christian slant to it, but it didn't much matter when she was 2 and 3. 4 years olds start learning Bible verses. We had to attend a Christmas play in the church side of the school and hubby and I couldn't stand it.

Daycare is a breeze. Wait until you girls have to decide where to send them to Kindergarten! I'm struggling with choosing between two schools right now (Poinciana and JFK) ugh!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:05 PM

2 posts, read 10,128 times
Default infant daycares w webcams western Lake worth

Anyone have any recommendations for central palm beach county area around southern to lake worth road area for infants. Would prefer they offer webcams and religious are fine. I live in western lake worth close to wellington.

Last edited by um32; 10-04-2010 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: update
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach