U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 01:33 PM

593 posts, read 1,637,694 times

Advertisements

I think someone who likes to drink, and be in a "nightlife area" and not drive (i can relate to this) would love an apartment in cityplace or on Flagler near Clematis. If the schools were as good as boca - and i'm still not 100% sure they aren't, i would move there in a heartbeat. I found the rental market soft (as in i made very low offers that were countered MUCh lower than asking price, and was getting a great deal on the one i came to an agreement on). There are a ton of furnished apartments, some with nice stuff, languishing on the market up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 11:01 AM

26 posts, read 73,759 times
Don't move to palm beach gardens or anywhere in south fl. there is nothing but live around old people, live along the space coast, or the west coast of florida. I have never lived on the west coast but I hear good things, If you moved to palm Beach Gardens you would be making a huge mistake.

PS South florida is not the cleanest place either

Old 09-20-2009, 07:59 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,847,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsurfer View Post
Don't move to palm beach gardens or anywhere in south fl. there is nothing but live around old people, live along the space coast, or the west coast of florida. I have never lived on the west coast but I hear good things, If you moved to palm Beach Gardens you would be making a huge mistake.

PS South florida is not the cleanest place either
Nothing more annoying when someone who does not know what they are talking about. Yeah obviously you never have been to the west coast of Florida..it's full of just as many retirees as Boynton Beach and slower paced.

Palm Beach Gardens...you will probably see less old people in PBG then anywhere in South Florida. You need to go to Boynton Beach or Delray Beach and hang out.

"Not the cleanest" hmmm.......another false statement..

Old 09-20-2009, 11:06 PM

22 posts, read 124,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
"Not the cleanest" hmmm.......another false statement..
I'll have to disagree. SoFLA is by far the dirtiest place I've lived. Never lived in NYC, though. I hear that could be worse.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:02 AM

1,683 posts, read 3,681,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Ice View Post
I'll have to disagree. SoFLA is by far the dirtiest place I've lived. Never lived in NYC, though. I hear that could be worse.
How so? There seems to be lots of debris on 95 (my car has a few dings because of this ) but other it's pretty clean down here. Unless your hanging out on Tamarind...
It's a lot cleaner, and a lot newer than any urban area I've ever lived in.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:26 PM

16 posts, read 41,194 times
Hey there I am seriously with you! I just have to make the step and do it! Currently looking at locations and wondering the same! I saw your post was in June have you moved yet and if so do you like it?

Old 09-21-2009, 07:33 PM

16 posts, read 41,194 times
How about Jupiter is that good?

Old 09-21-2009, 07:34 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,847,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Ice View Post
Compared to what? I have seen and lived around way worse then what I see here. Sure we have dumpy areas, but I don't see the industrial decay and trash on the roads and streets I saw in places like Detroit, Philly or other numerous places I have been.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:11 PM

102 posts, read 191,579 times
How about Jupiter is that good?

Most of Jupiter is very nice but a bit pricey.It depends on whether you want a place on the beach or not.

As far as the nightlife in Palm Beach Gardens.........I live here and the answer depends on what you are into.If you like dance clubs there is Club Safari(I haven't been there in years but I used to go when I was much younger)If you like sports bars there are some good ones...Duffy's,Bay City Bistro(it's a restaurant/bar) and Gardens Ale house(another restaurant/bar).There are 2 neat places on the intercoastal..Panama Hattie's and Waterway(they do a fun reggae afternoon on sundays). Singer Island has a some small bars as well.If you like small,relaxed bars,PBG is great.If you like dance clubs,not so much.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:56 AM

3,047 posts, read 6,562,700 times
Someone today suggested I look in this area as well. I am not in to night life just like the convenience of things like restaurants/shops near and safe. I have seen adds by the mall is that a good area or not where one would want to be? It is so hard when from out of state and I am now renting in Boca for the past few months so that is all I know so makes me nervous to find a new place though I am not really thrilled with Boca.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach