U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 02:46 PM

162 posts, read 596,350 times

Advertisements

Yea, it's essentially part of one big mixed use area. The condo is adjacent to new offices and retail.

Maintenance fees are reasonable, around $330 monthly I believe. The reason It caught my eye was the number of sales there recently. They've had 40 closings in less than four months. 2/2's are listed for $150,000 to $180,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 03:06 PM

17,297 posts, read 25,664,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native51 View Post
Yea, it's essentially part of one big mixed use area. The condo is adjacent to new offices and retail.

Maintenance fees are reasonable, around $330 monthly I believe. The reason It caught my eye was the number of sales there recently. They've had 40 closings in less than four months. 2/2's are listed for $150,000 to $180,000.
Glad to see the inventory moving.... once the developer stopped trying to hawk the places out "starting" in the 400s!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2009, 03:19 PM

141 posts, read 405,364 times
midtown is one of the communities to check out on my list...along with legends and legacy pl. do you guys have any feedback on those? Or any other condo communities for that matter. Thanks guys!

Old 07-16-2009, 06:18 AM

17,297 posts, read 25,664,733 times
I don't know anything about Legends, but I did tour Legacy Place once, and seriously considered buying a unit for a week or so a couple years back (SO glad I didn't though, considering the market downturn since then!)

Legacy Place has beautiful grounds, a nice pool, is walkable to Legacy Place shops, Greenwise supermarket, restaurants, etc.... but.... Legacy Place is also a condo conversion. That means the walls will be "thinner." Also, keep in mind that what they show you on the tour will not be the unit you will get, so just keep that in mind (I loved the model townhome unit in Legacy Place).

I think you will need to take a full weekend, come on down with an OBJECTIVE realtor, and see all of your options in Gardens and Southern Jupter. The whole area kind of "bleeds" together anyway.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:40 PM

yeah I have a realtor who has lined up places in PBG and abacoa. abacoa seems to be less costly and for more square feet.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinked View Post
So far I have looked at midtown, legends legacy and fiore.
Don't look at Fiore if you are going to live there. I think it is OK if you buy and rent it out. Full of renters like an apartment and you know how it goes in those places.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:01 PM

pretty old thread. To provide an update I ending up buying a unit in Legends. Love it so far.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:37 AM

475 posts, read 1,315,875 times
I have been a licensed Property Manager in Palm Beach County for over ten years. Here is a list of things that you need to know before you make a final decision.

Be sure to ask for and read the Condo Associations Documents and Rules & Regulations before you buy. Make sure you can live within those documents.

Ask about Reserve Accounts, these cover replacement of roofs, painting the exterior of buildings, repaving and striping of park lots, refurbishing pools, tennis courts and other amentities.

Ask if the Association has been turned over to the Owners by the Developer. If not the Developer has more of a say about what is happening there, and also has a seat on the Board. Sometimes that can be a double edge sword; the community wants or needs something and the Developer is standing in the way.

Additionally remember you will pay Association Due either monthly or quarterly. Each year these are evaluted and are increased as necessary but are restricted by the State as to the percentage they can increase. Condo fees are normally based on the size of the unit. A three bedroom unit and a two bedroom unit will pay a different amount of assessment based on their size.

There is also "Special Assessments", if there is a major repair or upgrade that is not covered by the Budget, than each owner is assessed a percentage of the repair.

Ask if there are any lawsuits filed or pending against the association.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach