U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-22-2009, 02:51 PM
 
6 posts, read 118,217 times
Reputation: 28

Advertisements

I currently live in central Florida and I am researching Jupiter, FL as my next move. Looking for a condo community near the beach that is dog-friendly with no breed restictions (dog is about 65 pounds).
Any suggestions? I have heard that Sea Colony Condos would allow a large dog-does anyone know if they have any breed restrictions?
Also, would love to hear everyone's opinions on the good and bad about life in Jupiter.
Thanks in advance for any info and insight you can offer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2009, 09:55 PM
 
Location: Palm Beach County
1,681 posts, read 3,671,387 times
Reputation: 610
Sea Colony is real nice, especially if you can find a remodeled unit. I used to work next door in the small, estate home complex there. Great access to the beach, and there's nice restaurant/grocery complex a block away. I met a few people that lived in there and they loved it. They allow larger dogs, not sure about breed restrictions though. If you have a pitbull that may be a problem. Might want to find a single family home then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 11:00 AM
 
17,298 posts, read 25,601,140 times
Reputation: 8567
If you can't find a condo, you may be able to find a home or townhouse in the Bluffs, which is still walkable to the beach.

The good thing about the area near Sea Colony is that it's one of the very few beaches in the area that allow dogs (North of Markinski (sp) road).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 12:50 PM
 
3,048 posts, read 6,539,932 times
Reputation: 2051
It seems in general that a lot of places in FL don't allow animals if renting and if they do the weight limit is small only. I have lived a few states and noticed in some they are more pet friendly then others. I have heard Jupitor is nice though I have never been but was suggested that area when I moved from out of state. Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 05:31 PM
 
1,134 posts, read 3,618,594 times
Reputation: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
If you can't find a condo, you may be able to find a home or townhouse in the Bluffs, which is still walkable to the beach.

The good thing about the area near Sea Colony is that it's one of the very few beaches in the area that allow dogs (North of Markinski (sp) road).

We just had (very bad) dealings with the Bluffs and an agency that represents a lot
of the realty there.
The actual HOA Covenant says 50lb max for dogs and they can be weighed at any time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2010, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Palm Beach, FL & Napa, CA
2,093 posts, read 4,836,809 times
Reputation: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
We just had (very bad) dealings with the Bluffs and an agency that represents a lot
of the realty there.
The actual HOA Covenant says 50lb max for dogs and they can be weighed at any time.
They must have changed the 50lb max because a friend of mine has been looking in The Bluffs area recently and all the realtors stated that the HOA mandates a 25lb limit. She is having a hard time finding anything in the Jupiter/Tequesta area that allows dogs over that. Seems that Jupiter isn't so dog friendly after all....considering the Lab for example which is the most popular dog in America and will be over that limit.

You can cross off much of the condos/townhomes off of your list in the area unless you own a Mini Poodle named Fifi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 AM
 
475 posts, read 1,313,423 times
Reputation: 190
There are actually six Bluffs communities, each of them are separate and each have their own rules / regs and documents. The Marina - condo, The Lakes - Townhouse, The Ridge & The River are single family zero lot line homes, The Ocean North & The Ocean South are condos.

I managed the Ridge for four or five years and as they were individual homes it was strictly up to the individual home owner if they would rent to someone with a pet. The only requirement the Association was that the dog be on a lease and not run free and that the pets owner be responsible and clean up after them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2010, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Palm Beach, FL & Napa, CA
2,093 posts, read 4,836,809 times
Reputation: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedsmit View Post
There are actually six Bluffs communities, each of them are separate and each have their own rules / regs and documents. The Marina - condo, The Lakes - Townhouse, The Ridge & The River are single family zero lot line homes, The Ocean North & The Ocean South are condos.

I managed the Ridge for four or five years and as they were individual homes it was strictly up to the individual home owner if they would rent to someone with a pet. The only requirement the Association was that the dog be on a lease and not run free and that the pets owner be responsible and clean up after them.
She is looking at the Divosta built townhouses, I think they are laid out as quads in Jupiter One, River North and Lakes at the Bluffs and some other areas. Some say pets allowed but no weight limit or restrictions are listed in the ads, when she contacts the realtors they told her 25 lb limit.

The Ridge is nice but the rentals are way out of her price range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2010, 11:56 AM
 
475 posts, read 1,313,423 times
Reputation: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
She is looking at the Divosta built townhouses, I think they are laid out as quads in Jupiter One, River North and Lakes at the Bluffs and some other areas. Some say pets allowed but no weight limit or restrictions are listed in the ads, when she contacts the realtors they told her 25 lb limit.

The Ridge is nice but the rentals are way out of her price range.
That would be understandable: ads are very expensive so most people try to keep it short by using abreviations.

The other point yes you are right most single family homes rent for more than a townhouse would.

Some condos have a weight restriction of 15# - in addition some condos will allow you to bring your small pet with you when you purchase as they don't want a potential owner to have to give up their pet to live in a community. But if something should happens to the pet, you can NOT replace it.(Tenants are not allowed to have pets)

I believe they use the 15# rule to insure that the pets are small - believing that a small condo is not the best place for a large dog.

I hope you are able to find a place that will allow the dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2010, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Palm Beach, FL & Napa, CA
2,093 posts, read 4,836,809 times
Reputation: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedsmit View Post
That would be understandable: ads are very expensive so most people try to keep it short by using abreviations.
Nah they are just lazy, I looked myself at the pbpost.com real estate section under "rent", condo.com and realtor.com and very little if anyone lists specific details when there is adequate space provided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top